Closed Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3374896;
    Maybe the "chemistry faded" when Jason found out Melissa was just in it for the fame.

Melissa on Dancing with the Stars, now? This is dumb. No offense to y'all who are excited about it, but have you ever seen a F1 switch gears this fast? Anything to stay on camera.
    I *really* do have to agree with you on this. There was always something about Melissa that was insincere to me. I thought that I may be biased against the cheerleading type of girl...but her joining Dancing with the Stars in the midst of "all her pain" shows that Melissa really is just for show. Yucky

Quote Originally Posted by iamreal2u;3376147;
    IMO the "publicness" is totally different. You are sitting in an audience clapping if your child does well. On the bachelor you bring a bunch of people into your home and lives. Totally different, I would think.
    I think it is very different as well. Most importantly, there's no chance of Fleiss getting to edit you and your family, to make you look like total jerks. Plus, they could have had a problem with the premise of the Bachelor - and the fact that Mel was trying to find "love" in that way.

I also wanted to comment that I believe Melissa when she said that she was going to get out of the tv world. She was probably so fed up with all of it - and she said in her People interview that she was going to get back to the teaching thing. Someone mentioned that the gal on DWTS got injured just Thurs or Friday? I doubt that Melissa even knew that she was going to have this opportunity. Who wouldn't take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedee;3375903;
    I must admit I liked Mellissa a lot better, before she overplayed her pity card. I wish her well on DWTS.
    Jennifer Aniston has been playing the “pity card” for over four years now and it seems to be working quite well. So, this could be a good career move for Melissa.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3376032;
    I never got the "woe is me" vibe from Melissa. What I got was anger that Jason had lied to her about Molly. Then she goes and apologizes to Jason for that anger - both in the limo and on Ellen. For that, I could slap her upside the head. Any pity was imposed by bloggers, commentators and TV personalities who were having knee jerk reactions over how the finale went down.

Like it or not, Melissa is also now a TV personality. One with a good Q rating and "of the moment." ABC would be foolish not to recruit her for DWTS once Nancy O'Dell had to drop out. If this short time to fill the slot happened a year from now, or even six months from now, Melissa would not be on their radar. This is a WIN publicity wise for ABC and another chance for Melissa to show her supporters (and non supporters) that she has a life beyond The Bachelor.

As far as going back to school for her teaching certificate, she probably was on that track until ABC showed up at her door with this provocative offer. The only unfortunate part about her appearing on the show, if only possibly for two episodes, is that it does keep the whole Bachelor mess in the public eye...along with all the chatter that surrounds it.
    I am certain she was in on this B13 thing, To save a bit of face, she decided to throw Jason under the bus, throwing in Molly for measure. That is why she kept apologising. Because she knew the deal from mid December but him being in love with Molly was a good oportunity to turn things around. she doesn't care. Just hoping to prolong her 15 minutes of fame.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by iamreal2u;3376147;
    Wow..such hate. IMO the "publicness" is totally different. You are sitting in an audience clapping if your child does well. On the bachelor you bring a bunch of people into your home and lives. Totally different, I would think.
    Wonder why Melissa's parents never went to watch her on DCC, I believe it entails clapping and no Fleiss.

FORT Newbie

Hi! Just wanted to drop a line. I have been reading the forums since Mel started on TB. I grew up dancing with her in Dallas. She is an amazing dancer!!! I hope that she does wonderful tonight. She really is a very sweet and humble person, even growing up. I for one will be watching simply because she is dancing.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3376309;
    I am certain she was in on this B13 thing, To save a bit of face, she decided to throw Jason under the bus, throwing in Molly for measure. That is why she kept apologising. Because she knew the deal from mid December but him being in love with Molly was a good oportunity to turn things around. she doesn't care. Just hoping to prolong her 15 minutes of fame.
    It is odd that she is back peddling saying now she knew about the break up, wasn't mad about the break up, just Molly...blah, blah, blah, blah. Now she has a new BF, she's moved on...hmmmm. Now she's hitting the talk show circuit. Like someone said, she's playing up the pity card. I'm not buying it and I now don't believe she was a victim in all this.

ABC made a brilliant move by casting her as 2nd runner up on B13 and now on DWTS. They are hoping to pull viewership and I guarantee you this willl thrust Melissa into the stardom she is seeking. She's no fool and she's a smart cookie agreeing to these stragegic moves to get herself noticed. When DWTS is over, Melissa will have another TV "job", I guarantee it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3375494;
    What about the other replacement contestant? Does she have a dancing background?
    Yes, I think she did a lot of pole dancing at the Playboy mansion and before.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dallasgrl;3376359;
    Hi! Just wanted to drop a line. I have been reading the forums since Mel started on TB. I grew up dancing with her in Dallas. She is an amazing dancer!!! I hope that she does wonderful tonight. She really is a very sweet and humble person, even growing up. I for one will be watching simply because she is dancing.
    And it's nice she will be moving on to something positive like DWTS. It's such a fun and entertaining show and she will be such a nice fit with her looks and personality.

FORT Fanatic

To me Melissa's appearance on DWTS is a major "shark jump". How is this reality castoff a star?

Closed Thread