Closed Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

I wonder how quick her "reluctant" parents will appear on DWTS. I'm betting they'll be in the first or maybe second episode if she makes it that far.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Shedee;3375026;
    I' sorry to say this, but I have to agree with you.
    And they all said Jason was trying to milk the show for his 15 minutes of fame.
    Looks like Melly wasn't so broken hearted after all.
    I'm happy for her. But I sure hope she won't try to ride on Jason's coatails much longer.
    Sheesh.....

Ride on Jason's coat tails, the man is a LOSER!! What qualities does he have that is so great?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3376060;
    I wonder how quick her "reluctant" parents will appear on DWTS. I'm betting they'll be in the first or maybe second episode if she makes it that far.
    The Bachelor was to find a love interest, husband but this show is for entertainment, to have fun, it's much more light hearted.

FORT Newbie

I'm just popping in to say nothing bugs me more than people bringing up 'making the team' as a part of her dive into reality tv. She did not apply for that show to be on tv. She was a dancer growing up in Dallas and being someone that grew up dancing my whole life in the area also, I know for a fact this was her dream to be a DCC. It's not her fault they decided a few years ago to make the tryout process into a reality tv show. If they had picked to do the show about any other squad, she would have still tried out for DCC. I am a friend of a friend of hers (sortof a 3rd degree of seperation) and I know she is a geniune and sweet as she was portrayed and she is now given an oppurtunity to be herself and show off her true talent and get rid of the "poor dumpee" stigma she has at the moment. I wish her the best and hope she shines.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3376071;
    The Bachelor was to find a love interest, husband but this show is for entertainment, to have fun, it's much more light hearted.
    The "publicness" of this show is not different than the "publicness" of The Bachelor. Public is public. Being a famewhore on Rock of Love, The Bachelor of DWTS is essentially the same but one can be thoroughly self-righteous about it and claim that they're a better person for showing up on DWTS as opposed to The Bachelor or Paradise Island or some other sleazebag show. Which, if they do make an appearance, is exactly how they'll justify it.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3376032;
    I never got the "woe is me" vibe from Melissa. What I got was anger that Jason had lied to her about Molly. Then she goes and apologizes to Jason for that anger - both in the limo and on Ellen. For that, I could slap her upside the head. Any pity was imposed by bloggers, commentators and TV personalities who were having knee jerk reactions over how the finale went down.

Like it or not, Melissa is also now a TV personality. One with a good Q rating and "of the moment." ABC would be foolish not to recruit her for DWTS once Nancy O'Dell had to drop out. If this short time to fill the slot happened a year from now, or even six months from now, Melissa would not be on their radar. This is a WIN publicity wise for ABC and another chance for Melissa to show her supporters (and non supporters) that she has a life beyond The Bachelor.

As far as going back to school for her teaching certificate, she probably was on that track until ABC showed up at her door with this provocative offer. The only unfortunate part about her appearing on the show, if only possibly for two episodes, is that it does keep the whole Bachelor mess in the public eye...along with all the chatter that surrounds it.
    Also with DWTS being a huge ratings draw by tomorrow it will be Jason/Molly who which is exactly what TPTB want. TPTB have been distancing themselves from Jason/Molly since the AFTR aired with Fleiss and CH stating in interviews that Jason wasn't obligated to do the break up on television and that Jason wasn't qualified to be TB.

Jason is back in Seattle with no future interviews scheduled so now TPTB will push Melissa as the success story so viewers can get the happy ever after.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3376094;
    The "publicness" of this show is not different than the "publicness" of The Bachelor. Public is public. Being a famewhore on Rock of Love, The Bachelor of DWTS is essentially the same but one can be thoroughly self-righteous about it and claim that they're a better person for showing up on DWTS as opposed to The Bachelor or Paradise Island or some other sleazebag show. Which, if they do make an appearance, is exactly how they'll justify it.
    IMO the "publicness" is totally different. You are sitting in an audience clapping if your child does well. On the bachelor you bring a bunch of people into your home and lives. Totally different, I would think.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-09-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by way2muchtv;3375040;
    Have to come out of lurkdom and finally post because of some of the comments I've been reading that I just can't agree with. The only person I've ever thought was someone wanting to extend their 15 minutes was DeAnna. Still do!

Melissa, she is just lucky that the producers tapped her as a last minute replacement. The fact that she is deserving of this turn of events is just serendipity.

way2muchtv

I agree that this is just meant to be. she sure does deserve something positive in her life.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Go Mel! She is going to look fabulous in her costumes, i'm sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stardam;3376082;
    I'm just popping in to say nothing bugs me more than people bringing up 'making the team' as a part of her dive into reality tv. She did not apply for that show to be on tv. She was a dancer growing up in Dallas and being someone that grew up dancing my whole life in the area also, I know for a fact this was her dream to be a DCC. It's not her fault they decided a few years ago to make the tryout process into a reality tv show. If they had picked to do the show about any other squad, she would have still tried out for DCC. I am a friend of a friend of hers (sortof a 3rd degree of seperation) and I know she is a geniune and sweet as she was portrayed and she is now given an oppurtunity to be herself and show off her true talent and get rid of the "poor dumpee" stigma she has at the moment. I wish her the best and hope she shines.
    Thanks for posting!

And it's great to see all the other posts supporting Melissa. I think she's going to do very well on DWTS, even with the early disadvantage of only a few days of rehearsal (compared to 2 months for the original cast). I've never seen Melissa cheer, but I can imagine that she will be very entertaining to watch in this popular dance competition.

After the Jason/Molly fiasco, Melissa joining DWTS is like a gift for her supporters (well, for me, anyway).

To the posters who think she'll use DWTS as a vehicle to solicit sympathy for her Bachelor breakup, I really doubt it. It would be completely justified, IMO, if she did, though. I don't know her personally, but she carried herself with grace and class on TB and Ellen, so I am expecting to see the same from her on DWTS and future interviews.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Closed Thread