Closed Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"

There is no AFRC circuit for the F2 which she was in reality. she did the usual Ellen like all F2's do and that is it. There is a whole episode on tb to meet her parents. If her parents are not going to be on, she cannot be the bachelorette. Maybe it was offered knowing she COULD NOT take it. For her to be back in another reality show by Abc so soon shows she was in on the whole charade this season and like she admitted on Ellen, the relationship was really over after the camaras' stopped rolling. I must admit she really knows how to work the media thing. Looks like Melissa wanted to play it a bit maybe for the 3 months to get all the fame and contacts like Deanna did. But, Jason was not ready to live a falsity and pulled the plug. If she really cared she should have been upset about loosing Jason not about who he was with. Guess it was the fame she wanted.

dwts makes beautiful TV, but normally does not create stars as those on the show are already stars. some with fading carears looking for exposure and others who are really stars looking for a thrill. After her performance on tb, with the shorts, sensual undertones, maybe it is fitting for her to be on now, with the right contacts, we might see her next at Hugh Hefner's. Who knows

FORT Regular

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Except she failed to show up to the ATFR2, turned down 100k from the Bachelorette

I'm sorry...but it never ceases to amaze me how such information is originally just throwned out there, based on an assumption and then later,becomes stated as a fact.

As far as Melly being the most famous woman in the country right now...
    Talked about by a lot of people...not all in the most positive light, maybe.
    But famous?

But then, that just my opinion.
    And I must admit I liked Mellissa a lot better, before she overplayed her pity card.
    I wish her well on DWTS.

FORT Regular

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3375895;
    There is no AFRC circuit for the F2 which she was in reality. she did the usual Ellen like all F2's do and that is it. There is a whole episode on tb to meet her parents. If her parents are not going to be on, she cannot be the bachelorette. Maybe it was offered knowing she COULD NOT take it. For her to be back in another reality show by Abc so soon shows she was in on the whole charade this season and like she admitted on Ellen, the relationship was really over after the camaras' stopped rolling. I must admit she really knows how to work the media thing. Looks like Melissa wanted to play it a bit maybe for the 3 months to get all the fame and contacts like Deanna did. But, Jason was not ready to live a falsity and pulled the plug. If she really cared she should have been upset about loosing Jason not about who he was with. Guess it was the fame she wanted.

dwts makes beautiful TV, but normally does not create stars as those on the show are already stars. some with fading carears looking for exposure and others who are really stars looking for a thrill. After her performance on tb, with the shorts, sensual undertones, maybe it is fitting for her to be on now, with the right contacts, we might see her next at Hugh Hefner's. Who knows
    Ouch!
    But I do agree about lots of what you said

Yay for Melissa! I am happy for her, and I will be rooting for her!

IMO, Melissa is a wonderful person, and I sincerely wish her well on DWTS.
    I, too, think it is a great way for her to focus on something else besides the Bach mess!
    A healing and growing experience hopefully. Then if she so chooses to pursue a teaching career or anything else, I wish her well with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3375771;
    Actually I hope Denise Richards is the first out, Ugh can't stand her, Sorry Maks.
    Whoops! You got me there . Denise first, Melissa second - that should be the elimination order.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shedee;3375903;
    Except she failed to show up to the ATFR2, turned down 100k from the Bachelorette

I'm sorry...but it never ceases to amaze me how such information is originally just throwned out there, based on an assumption and then later,becomes stated as a fact.

As far as Melly being the most famous woman in the country right now...
    Talked about by a lot of people...not all in the most positive light, maybe.
    But famous?

But then, that just my opinion.
    And I must admit I liked Mellissa a lot better, before she overplayed her pity card.
    I wish her well on DWTS.
    Ticket to fame:- being rejected on a reality show! what a passs

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!sss

I just so hope Melissa will be true to herself and go for the teaching training she wants. It would show how sincere and non coniving she is. Will give her that contententment she spoke of.

Oh, for heaven's sake! Since when the hell is she even remotely in the same galaxy as a "star"?? Are they freakin' kidding me? Even the likes of Holly Madison have more of claim to fame than Melissa does. At least all that pathetic drama in the limo and the whole waaa-waaa-waaa-I-got-dumped-I'm-such-an-innocent-victim-be-sorry-for-me shtick she put on worked as intended and she's now getting her very own 3.2 seconds of fame. Mission accomplished! This is now going to be her third reality TV show in a row. What's next? A show on Lifetime called "How to Get Dumped For Fame and Fortune"? Hopefully she'll be out by the second episode because I'm thoroughly sick of her already.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I never got the "woe is me" vibe from Melissa. What I got was anger that Jason had lied to her about Molly. Then she goes and apologizes to Jason for that anger - both in the limo and on Ellen. For that, I could slap her upside the head. Any pity was imposed by bloggers, commentators and TV personalities who were having knee jerk reactions over how the finale went down.

Like it or not, Melissa is also now a TV personality. One with a good Q rating and "of the moment." ABC would be foolish not to recruit her for DWTS once Nancy O'Dell had to drop out. If this short time to fill the slot happened a year from now, or even six months from now, Melissa would not be on their radar. This is a WIN publicity wise for ABC and another chance for Melissa to show her supporters (and non supporters) that she has a life beyond The Bachelor.

As far as going back to school for her teaching certificate, she probably was on that track until ABC showed up at her door with this provocative offer. The only unfortunate part about her appearing on the show, if only possibly for two episodes, is that it does keep the whole Bachelor mess in the public eye...along with all the chatter that surrounds it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3374896;
    Maybe the "chemistry faded" when Jason found out Melissa was just in it for the fame.

Melissa on Dancing with the Stars, now? This is dumb. No offense to y'all who are excited about it, but have you ever seen a F1 switch gears this fast? Anything to stay on camera.

Why shouldn't Melissa go on DWTS. It will not be dumb if she does well. It's been 3 months or longer now since the finale of The Bachelor. Time to move on with her life. I hope she does very well.

Closed Thread