Closed Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Quote Originally Posted by awho?;3375435;
    I don't know why everyone has such a cynical view on everything. Maybe abc DID have to search for replacements for wounded/injured dancers and thought,...DUHHHH, what about the cutest darling of America right now who IS a dancer? Why is everyone so quick saying Melissa wants the fame, etc. I think everything just fell in her lap...................sorta like we would like for things to fall in our laps.......... right?
    ITA - it's a matter of being at the right time in the right place type of thing. But I do think she wants the fame. Who wouldn't? Unless she really did fall in love with Jason and want to give up everything to move to Seattle, or unless she decides she wants to be with new bf Ty and go back to Texas and pass on the Hollywood experience. I would bet she'll stay in the limelight as long as she can!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3375401;
    Of course not! But I DO believe that Fleiss and company told Melissa there would be other options open to her. And they started looking around. They probably didn't even consider this one until everything happened, and then. . . it fell right into their laps. They have people paid more than I'll ever make sitting around in an office deciding what show Melissa should go on next. It's all about ratings!
    It has been reporter already that Melissa was offered a "pile of cash" to be the next Bachelorette and she said NO! MF said "she didn't want to do." "She is heartbroken."

Nancy O'Dell dropped out last Thursday, 3/5/09, because of an injury and they offered Mel her spot on the show. This a once in a lifetime thing. THIS IS BIG! The only thing is that she will have to perform 4 days later LIVE on ABC. I, for one, will be nervous for her.

Zao

This is too funny. If she was in it for the fame, she would have a) gone to the ATFR2, b) done the Bachelorette, and c) participated in interviews/TV appearances

Except she failed to show up to the ATFR2, turned down 100k from the Bachelorette and did one TV interview with Ellen. Yup, sounds like a famewhore

Let's face it, this was a last-minute replacement and she was the perfect candidate. Do you honestly believe she would have been picked if she didn't have a dancer background? She has 4 days to prepare for a live show, for goodness sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao;3375464;
    This is too funny. If she was in it for the fame, she would have a) gone to the ATFR2, b) done the Bachelorette, and c) participated in interviews/TV appearances

Except she failed to show up to the ATFR2, turned down 100k from the Bachelorette and did one TV interview with Ellen. Yup, sounds like a famewhore

Let's face it, this was a last-minute replacement and she was the perfect candidate. Do you honestly believe she would have been picked if she didn't have a dancer background? She has 4 days to prepare for a live show, for goodness sakes.
    I agree 100%. Dance/cheer background or not the other contestants have been rehearsing/practicing for 2 months and she has 4 days. I hope she does great!!

I am happy with Melissa on DWTS. Actually, this has cemented the fact that I will watch the show when I haven't in years past. It's a win-win for Melissa and ABC, bigger ratings and exposure. Obviously, Melissa cares about exposure, she was a part of the DCC and on the Making the Team show, so she was already out there prior to the Bachelor. Since things didn't work out with the "Bachelor," she has no reason not to accept an offer to be on DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao;3375464;
    What about the other replacement contestant? Does she have a dancing background? I'm just asking - I don't know that much about her. I do believe Melissa did not want anything to do with The B'rette, and didn't want to make the media rounds that much. But she knows what most of America is thinking. This opportunity came to her, and she did not want to pass on it. They WILL portray her as the scorned fiancee - I'm sure they've discussed it with her. And she'll probably have a lot of fun, especially with her dancing background. But I'll never be convinced she doesn't want the fame. I think from this point on she'll be able to pick and choose what she wants to do in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3375494;
    What about the other replacement contestant? Does she have a dancing background? I'm just asking - I don't know that much about her. I do believe Melissa did not want anything to do with The B'rette, and didn't want to make the media rounds that much. But she knows what most of America is thinking. This opportunity came to her, and she did not want to pass on it. They WILL portray her as the scorned fiancee - I'm sure they've discussed it with her. And she'll probably have a lot of fun, especially with her dancing background. But I'll never be convinced she doesn't want the fame. I think from this point on she'll be able to pick and choose what she wants to do in Hollywood.
    She may want the fame, is there really anything wrong with that?

To me I think she's proven she does not want fame AT ALL COSTS, though. She refused the bachelorette and the $100k that she would have made, declined to be at the atfr2 where she would have made some more $ and gotten more fame. But she decided not to do those which shows so I commend her for that.

DWTS is a fun, popular show and I think she made a great decision to participate.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3375494;
    But I'll never be convinced she doesn't want the fame. I think from this point on she'll be able to pick and choose what she wants to do in Hollywood.
    If any of these people didn't want fame, would they go on these shows? I think not.....And that includes Molly/Jason/Jillian etc.

At least in Melissa's case, she's learned to set some standards...I.e "no" to the Bachelorette and selling her soul to Fliess.

I think it's great that Melissa can move beyond the Bachelor and focus on something she's good at "Dancing." I'm actually thrilled that I'll be able to see her in a fun dancing environment.

Quote Originally Posted by awho?;3375435;
    I don't know why everyone has such a cynical view on everything. Maybe abc DID have to search for replacements for wounded/injured dancers and thought,...DUHHHH, what about the cutest darling of America right now who IS a dancer? Why is everyone so quick saying Melissa wants the fame, etc. I think everything just fell in her lap...................sorta like we would like for things to fall in our laps.......... right?

Thank you for you comments! I am frankly kind of appalled at some of the cynicism on here. No way did Melissa know this was going to come her way. I think it's the best news to come out of this whole sorry awful mess that TB has been. This girl is being given a great opportunity to step in, do ABC a huge favor and also help them look better than they do right now. This is the best way for ABC to get this monkey off their back. I don't think they thought the backlash would be as bad as it was.

Bravo to Melissa for being willing to step in at the last moment with almost NO rehearsal time. She may have danced as a DCC, but ballroom is a unique and special form of dancing that requires incredible stamina, athleticism, a natural rhythm and ability to follow the music, precision, hard work and in the end, mass appeal. Melissa has the last quality in spades.

I don't think for one single minute that Melissa wanted to stay in the public eye. From the moment this broke on the ATFR 1, she had somehow managed to handle it all with such grace and class. I am just so happy for her.

She had the sense to walk away from being the next bachelorette, so you know it wasn't just about the fame. I think she is just helping out the show and trying to do something that she might enjoy.

DWTS is my favorite reality show. I love ballroom dancing. It's also a show which has a minimum of cheap, trashy, mean-spirited behavior. The star of the show is the dancing itself. This is one reality show I will never quit watching.

ABC OWES Melissa big time. It's about time they delivered. This can only work to the good of all concerned. I just give her all the credit in the world for agreeing to step in at the last minute. ABC better be darn grateful, because she has just handed them the best news that they could possibly have!

Also, what a great way to take the spotlight off Jason and Molly. If I have to listen to Jason try to explain what he did for the umpteenth time, I will just be sick to my stomach. Of course, the real truth is that it was planned and was a set-up, but he can't tell that to America. So he has to keep making up sillier and more ridiculous lies every time he has a public interview.

This is the best news I have had all week! Melissa, you go girl! Show them what you've got! I will be cheering you on and will definitely vote for you.

If Melissa and Dmitry are paired up I'll be thrilled!!

Closed Thread