Closed Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3375150;
    Fingers crossed she's the first one out.
    I"d almost be willing to bet you she isn't. I believe she'll make it pretty far...only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3375030;
    But Dancing is about dancing, and she's a Dancer. Why wouldn't she take this opportunity to make some money doing something she loves, and be remembered for something other than the girl who got dumped on National Tv.

IF she is still upset about what happened that sounds like a great way to heal a broken heart. Have fun, do something lighthearted.
    More power to her! But I'll bet this is the deal she made with Fleiss when she agreed to the public "humiliation" at the ATFR. I don't know if they had this exact show in mind then, but I'm sure they told her they would take care of her.

She went on TB for fame. They all do. Fame and exposure. Did Molly? Sure. But she fell in love, and you will give up ANYTHING to follow the one you love. This is why I believe she will really move to Seattle and try to make it work. I doubt if she's sorry SHE'S not the one doing The B'rette or DWTS. Did Melissa fall in love? Sure she did. But she knew it was over too. She was one of the two in the couple. She had to have known. Maybe she was the one who felt it first. Melissa has had a little more public exposure than Molly, so she will remain America's newest sweetheart.

I liked the Melissa I saw on the show. But I'm really tired of the intense hatred for Molly and Jason. I hope now Melissa will show everyone she is really happy and over her broken heart (if she ever had one).

Step one in the Hollywood marketing of Melissa - wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by sar4186;3374955;
    I don't think she is doing it for fame. They needed someone immediately to replace Nancy O'Dell, and Melissa has enough dance experience to pick it up quickly. She only had a few days to practice before performing live Monday night
    I think Nancy O'dell had to drop out on 3/5/09, Thursday. Therefore, Melissa has FOUR DAYS to prepare to perform LIVE Monday night. WOW! Didn't someone say that it would probably be the waltz, since that was what Tony and Nancy were practicing. The waltz is pretty tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3375260;
    More power to her! But I'll bet this is the deal she made with Fleiss when she agreed to the public "humiliation" at the ATFR.
    Really? Do you suppose that MF and Tanya Harding hired the same guys that were hired to maim Nancy Kerrigan and those guys ACTUALLY injured Nancy O'Dell FORCING her to be ineligible to compete, thereby opening a spot for Melissa? Or is it that Melissa called Dionne Warwick at the Psychic Friends network who advised her that Nancy would have to drop out DAYS before the competition so she should sell her soul to the devil (or Mike Fleiss) in order to get on DWTS? I don't think that is very plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by GreekMama;3375298;
    Really? Do you suppose that MF and Tanya Harding hired the same guys that were hired to maim Nancy Kerrigan and those guys ACTUALLY injured Nancy O'Dell FORCING her to be ineligible to compete, thereby opening a spot for Melissa? Or is it that Melissa called Dionne Warwick at the Psychic Friends network who advised her that Nancy would have to drop out DAYS before the competition so she should sell her soul to the devil (or Mike Fleiss) in order to get on DWTS? I don't think that is very plausible.
    Of course not! But I DO believe that Fleiss and company told Melissa there would be other options open to her. And they started looking around. They probably didn't even consider this one until everything happened, and then. . . it fell right into their laps. They have people paid more than I'll ever make sitting around in an office deciding what show Melissa should go on next. It's all about ratings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3375265;
    I think Nancy O'dell had to drop out on 3/5/09, Thursday. Therefore, Melissa has FOUR DAYS to prepare to perform LIVE Monday night. WOW! Didn't someone say that it would probably be the waltz, since that was what Tony and Nancy were practicing. The waltz is pretty tough.
    Thankfully there's not an elimination this week.

Yep, the waltz this week. I think this is good, actually. The choreography is fairly easy to remember, comparatively speaking. Her ballet experience should come in handy. It's such a graceful dance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3375401;
    Of course not! But I DO believe that Fleiss and company told Melissa there would be other options open to her. And they started looking around. They probably didn't even consider this one until everything happened, and then. . . it fell right into their laps. They have people paid more than I'll ever make sitting around in an office deciding what show Melissa should go on next. It's all about ratings!
    Fleiss has nothing to do with DWTS...

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3375412;
    Fleiss has nothing to do with DWTS...
    No, he doesn't. But TB and DWTS are both ABC ratings grabbers. It's a win-win situation all around. I'm sure Fleiss was involved in the negotiations, or maybe Melissa's agent or whoever represents her made the arrangements. I imagine by now she has one.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3374896;
    Maybe the "chemistry faded" when Jason found out Melissa was just in it for the fame.

Melissa on Dancing with the Stars, now? This is dumb. No offense to y'all who are excited about it, but have you ever seen a F1 switch gears this fast? Anything to stay on camera.
    WOW, really?

FORT Fan

I don't know why everyone has such a cynical view on everything. Maybe abc DID have to search for replacements for wounded/injured dancers and thought,...DUHHHH, what about the cutest darling of America right now who IS a dancer? Why is everyone so quick saying Melissa wants the fame, etc. I think everything just fell in her lap...................sorta like we would like for things to fall in our laps.......... right?

Closed Thread