Closed Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3374896;
    Maybe the "chemistry faded" when Jason found out Melissa was just in it for the fame.

Melissa on Dancing with the Stars, now? This is dumb. No offense to y'all who are excited about it, but have you ever seen a F1 switch gears this fast? Anything to stay on camera.
    Really? So Melissa knew that both Jewel & Nancy would be injured and have to drop of DWTS and they would call her to replace them? So that's why she turned down the Bachelorette WEEKS ago. Smart girl.

I feel the same way. I saw her on Ellen and she said that they broke up almost immediately after the last show filmed and the only reason she was so mad at him was because she felt he had been in touch with Molly which btw they both deny and I have no reason not to believe them. I mean why not? What's to lose with letting that news out if it is true? So, I believe them. I wish them all the best. When I saw her on Ellen and found out that she was not surprised at the break up at all and was really in on the on air breakup but was only mad at him because of "suspecting" him of having been in touch with Molly, that's a whole different thing. She said the breakup was "mutual" and she was NOT dumped. Something about her reminds me of that chick in the movie that boiled the pet rabbit on the stove when the big romance was over. I hope Molly and Jason will last but it's not really looking good. She is already seeming to me to be over it and wants off this awful trip she's been on. Also, my gosh, that guy is "handsy" that would drive me nuts.

On the other hand it will be fun to see M on DWTS.

Maybe the "chemistry faded" when Jason found out Melissa was just in it for the fame.

Melissa on Dancing with the Stars, now? This is dumb. No offense to y'all who are excited about it, but have you ever seen a F1 switch gears this fast? Anything to stay on camera.

If anything it was a "nice save" for MF and ABC. I can't wait to see Melissa again and watch her dance.

FORT Fogey

Good for Mel. This should be a nice adventure for her and a positive experience as well. If it makes her happy I'm happy.

FORT Newbie

I don't think she is doing it for fame. They needed someone immediately to replace Nancy O'Dell, and Melissa has enough dance experience to pick it up quickly. She only had a few days to practice before performing live Monday night

She is really helping them out as Nancy just got hurt on March 5th, so Melissa is stepping in with very little practice. The others have had 6 weeks. Jewel also pulled out. She is probably going to get pais something that did not happen on the Bachelor. I will be supporting her.

FORT Fan

YIPPEEEE! I am so happy Melissa is on DWTS! What a great way for her to get her head focused on something other than the sick Jason debacle. I'm tickled and can't wait to see her!

FORT Regular

I' sorry to say this, but I have to agree with you.
    And they all said Jason was trying to milk the show for his 15 minutes of fame.
    Looks like Melly wasn't so broken hearted after all.
    I'm happy for her. But I sure hope she won't try to ride on Jason's coatails much longer.
    Sheesh.....

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shedee;3375026;
    I' sorry to say this, but I have to agree with you.
    And they all said Jason was trying to milk the show for his 15 minutes of fame.
    Looks like Melly wasn't so broken hearted after all.
    I'm happy for her. But I sure hope she won't try to ride on Jason's coatails much longer.
    Sheesh.....
    So then Melissa should just sit at home and cry because Jason dumped her? Really? If Melissa was doing the Bachelorette then you could consider if the girl was really brokenhearted. But she said NO and turned down a lot of money in the process too.

But Dancing is about dancing, and she's a Dancer. Why wouldn't she take this opportunity to make some money doing something she loves, and be remembered for something other than the girl who got dumped on National Tv.

IF she is still upset about what happened that sounds like a great way to heal a broken heart. Have fun, do something lighthearted.

FORT Newbie

Have to come out of lurkdom and finally post because of some of the comments I've been reading that I just can't agree with. The only person I've ever thought was someone wanting to extend their 15 minutes was DeAnna. Still do!

Melissa, she is just lucky that the producers tapped her as a last minute replacement. The fact that she is deserving of this turn of events is just serendipity.

Closed Thread