Closed Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Some people have natural dancing ability; some don't. I've had many friends who've taken ballet. Yet, they could not dance to save themmselves. And I've known cheerleaders who can't get up on a dance floor.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3378007;
    Absolutely there is a big difference. Can you explain how what the DCC do is not dancing?

DCC is similar to a drill team. Lots of kick lines, lots of big movements. Everything you do when you're on a drill-like team has to be big because you're on a football field. We wore white boots & white gloves (in college) to emphasize our hands & legs to emphasize our movements, we didn't have to contend with pom-poms though. HTH
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3378231;
    Holly didn't have a couple of months, she had, what? one day more than Melissa.

As for the 'courage to take on this challenge', and this (natch!), but dancing, even on TV, doesn't take courage. There are a lot of things in this life that do, and dancing isn't one of them.

Holly had 5 days to Melissa's 2 days, but I thought Holly did fine, considering. She seemed to have the routine, she just needs to work on her technique, both of them need more work. I was impressed with both of the ladies.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

I don't know if this has been reported here, but Inside Edition reported that DWTS had their largest viewing audience ever last night with 22.5 Million. Access Hollywood site says almost 24M. Those are usually preliminary numbers, so I expect it will be more than that.

FORT Newbie

Mesnick messed up....but thats ok , because now we get to see Melissa Dance the whole season and win this thing. When that dummy sees her Dancing... hes gonna get all bothered , change his mind again and then have nobody. Well Deanna maybe..... We Love You MMMMMelissa

Good on Mel for saving ABC's butt in a pinch. So, I guess they owe her now, eh?! Which I hope will work out in her favour. She looked absolutely gorgeous last night. And the girl can dance! I am glad it's Tony she is paired with- he will look after her.
    What left a sour taste in my mouth was the replaying of the bachelor breakup. It was not necessary nor in good taste. Neither was Tom telling Jason he needed people skills and Bruno calling him a loser.
    I hope she does not abandon her goal of becoming a teacher she has a gift with children that ought not be wasted!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by catback;3378024;
    I agree and was trying to make a point that cheer and dance is different. Her background is not ballroom dancing.
    ITA. Ballet sure didn't come in handy last night in regards to her feet during her waltz. Lyn chastised her (nicely) for dancing on her toes (ballet) instead of pushing with her heels. When you get used to doing something, it is more difficult to change than if you had no ballet all and learned from scratch. I admit that ballet certainly helped her with her arms and hands.

I was really stunned at how good Melissa was. She danced beautifully, I thought and she was soooo graceful. I bet ole Tony thinks he died and went to heaven. I'm just looking forward to her dancing the samba or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3378782;
    Good on Mel for saving ABC's butt in a pinch. So, I guess they owe her now, eh?! Which I hope will work out in her favour. She looked absolutely gorgeous last night. And the girl can dance! I am glad it's Tony she is paired with- he will look after her.
    What left a sour taste in my mouth was the replaying of the bachelor breakup. It was not necessary nor in good taste. Neither was Tom telling Jason he needed people skills and Bruno calling him a loser.
    I hope she does not abandon her goal of becoming a teacher she has a gift with children that ought not be wasted!
    ABC does not want you or anyone else to forget about The Bachelor, Jason, Melissa, etc. It's called ratings and money. Do you honestly believe that they would have had the largest audience ever last night if Melissa wasn't going to be on there. They were probably curious to see if she was still crying (most think that happened last week, not 6 weeks ago) and they wanted to see if she could dance as well.

hom
    FORT Regular

DWTS has a story on their hands ... even the other "stars" are already pulling for Melissa. By the end of this season, you could probably run for and win any public office that doesn't have an age requirement. Just kidding of course, but she will be uber popular.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3378810;
    ABC does not want you or anyone else to forget about The Bachelor, Jason, Melissa, etc. It's called ratings and money. Do you honestly believe that they would have had the largest audience ever last night if Melissa wasn't going to be on there. They were probably curious to see if she was still crying (most think that happened last week, not 6 weeks ago) and they wanted to see if she could dance as well.
    That's right. I am proud of Melissa doing so well & look forward to her growing in her performances.

Closed Thread