Closed Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

FORT Newbie

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

you know what girls? melissa will be just fine. she conducted herself with dignity and grace throughout the ENTIRE process in the bachelor. she never pulled out the claws or was mean to anyone. she is a beautiful person inside and out. she will one day find a guy who will sweep her off her feet and love her just for who she is. if he didn't want her, then she is much better off to find someone who will. maybe someone who has never been married, or who already has a child. with all the publicity from the bachelor, she will now be well known, & guys will try to meet her as they will already feel like they have an idea of what a quality person she really is!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3378016;
    The rule that DWTS has is that the person competing cannot have had formal ballroom dance training. Period.

Stacy Keibler is a perfect example of someone who started dancing when she was 3, was trained in ballet, jazz & tap and also was an NFL cheerleader for the Ravens.

Melissa has every right to be there from what I can tell and she did an incredible job. I really think she'll at very least make it to the top 3.

GO MELISSA
    I agree and was trying to make a point that cheer and dance is different. Her background is not ballroom dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3378007;
    Absolutely there is a big difference. Can you explain how what the DCC do is not dancing?
    I've never noticed NFL Cheerleaders actually doing Cheers They may be called "Cheerleaders", but all they do is dance.
    Melissa did an awesome job last night.
    Raquel in San Diego
    Always know how long to stay and when to go.....Dixie Chicks

Quote Originally Posted by athomeinfrisco;3378016;
    The rule that DWTS has is that the person competing cannot have had formal ballroom dance training. Period.

Stacy Keibler is a perfect example of someone who started dancing when she was 3, was trained in ballet, jazz & tap and also was an NFL cheerleader for the Ravens.

Melissa has every right to be there from what I can tell and she did an incredible job. I really think she'll at very least make it to the top 3.

GO MELISSA
    Ummm...I didn't say anything about Melissa's qualifications to do the show. If you read back, the discussion was about cheerleading vs. dancing.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

[edit] When I watched Making the Team it appeared that what alot of what they did was dancing.

I think she did very well. I admire her ability to handle herself so well under pressure.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 03-10-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3378030;
    Ummm...I didn't say anything about Melissa's qualifications to do the show. If you read back, the discussion was about cheerleading vs. dancing.
    I know why you might tie them together...I remember watching an episode of the DCC and the girls were dancing in front of judges.

Like someone else mentioned, the difference may be in formal ballroom dancing. Melissa has never had formal ballroom training since that encompasses waltz, jive, chacha and so forth. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3378030;
    Sorry, I must have misread it

Yes, professional cheerleading and dance crossover quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3377969;
    I have come to eat my crow. Melissa did a really good job! She had alot of class and was perfect for DWTS. I was wrong so very very wrong.
    I think a person's greatest virtue is when they can admit when they are wrong. It is a hard thing to do. I admire you!

I thought she did great, really great. And I agree she is perfect for DWTS.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3377969;
    I have come to eat my crow. Melissa did a really good job! She had alot of class and was perfect for DWTS. I was wrong so very very wrong.
    Nice posters like you are one reason I enjoy the FORT board. Melissa was surprisingly good for only two days of rehearsal when everyone else had a couple of months. Both her and Jillian, 2 of my favorites, are lucky, as we are in getting to see more of them!!!!!!

FORT Regular

If Melissa does decide to become a teacher at sometime in the future, it makes sense for her to do DWTS now. It is filmed now, mid semester. She would be able to be registered for a Fall Semester to take the required classes to become certified. She can't enrol mid semester anyway. And what better way to go back to college! She will now have the money to go and graduate with no college debt. Something I wish my teacher/daughter had 4 years post graduation not counting her grad school bills.
    She can now have some fun and enjoy her tv time without the angst of more bachelor fallout. DWTS looks to be alot of fun and I wish her much sucess.

Closed Thread