Closed Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

FORT Regular

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

she is a cheerleader not a dancer. There is a big difference in the two. I coached college cheerleading for 11 years. That is why most colleges has a dance team and a cheer team. Also, most girls have "dance" experience. That is what we do when we are young... take ballet, dance, tap, etc...
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-10-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catback;3377980;
    she is a cheerleader not a dancer. There is a big difference in the two. I coached college cheerleading for 11 years. That is why most colleges has a dance team and a cheer team. Also, most girls have "dance" experience. That is what we do when we are young... take ballet, dance, tap, etc...
    Really? I watched a few episodes of Making The Team and it looked like they were doing a heck of a lot of dancing. I don't think I saw any "Go, Cowboys, Go!" cheers being done. Perhaps I missed an episode.

That said, I think she did great last night. She can definitely handle herself under pressure.

And, I just have to get this off my chest. I was a bit taken aback last night when some of the judges made rude comments about Jason. They are supposed to be professionals. IMO, it was quite unprofessional to call Jason a loser on national television. And I know--it wasn't nearly as bad as the stunt Jason pulled. But, nonetheless, I thought it was unnecessary.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-10-2009 at 02:23 PM.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3377991;
    And, I just have to get this off my chest. I was a bit taken aback last night when some of the judges made rude comments about Jason. They are supposed to be professionals. IMO, it was quite unprofessional to call Jason a loser on national television. And I know--it wasn't nearly as bad as the stunt Jason pulled. But, nonetheless, I thought it was unnecessary.
    I agree. I am so sick of the poor Melissa garbage. She stated clearly that it was a mutual breakup, and he is taking all the heat. Reminds me so much of Angelina/Brad/Jennifer. I fear we are in for a long haul on the sympathy express for this gal. I am ready for them all to go away. Calling Jason names because he chose to end a relationship would than make just about everyone in America a jerk. Most people breakup from time to time. I think it was better he did it now than after the marriage was done and they were miserable.

FORT Regular

Really? I watched a few episodes of Making The Team and it looked like they were doing a heck of a lot of dancing. I don't think I saw any "Go, Cowboys, Go!" cheers being done. Perhaps I missed an episode.

That said, I think she did great last night. She can definitely handle herself under pressure.

There is a big difference in the two sports.

And, I just have to get this off my chest. I was a bit taken aback last night when some of the judges made rude comments about Jason. They are supposed to be professionals. IMO, it was quite unprofessional to call Jason a loser on national television. And I know--it wasn't nearly as bad as the stunt Jason pulled. But, nonetheless, I thought it was unnecessary

ITA.

Jason acted like a D-bag, we get it. But, I was also stunned when Tom and Bruno made those unecessary comments. why?! Did they really need to drag him into the competition?

After someone apologizes for wrongdoing, that should be the end of it. Doesn't mean we have to love the guy, but that should be the end of it. Period.

The way I see it, the only one right now who has trashing rights on Jason is Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by catback;3378005;
    There is a big difference in the two sports.
    Absolutely there is a big difference. Can you explain how what the DCC do is not dancing?
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3378000;
    I agree. I am so sick of the poor Melissa garbage. She stated clearly that it was a mutual breakup, and he is taking all the heat. Reminds me so much of Angelina/Brad/Jennifer. I fear we are in for a long haul on the sympathy express for this gal. I am ready for them all to go away. Calling Jason names because he chose to end a relationship would than make just about everyone in America a jerk. Most people breakup from time to time. I think it was better he did it now than after the marriage was done and they were miserable.
    You are so mistaken. Melissa never clearly stated that it was mutual. In fact, Melissa kept asking him if it was Molly...clearly she did not know what was going on. Jason is not being called out because of him changing his mind people....Jason is being called out because he was a coward...because he did it to someone who did nothing but believe his lies that she was the one, and because he did it on national TV.

I just wish Jason and Molly would fade into oblivion, never to be heard from again....work on their relationship...and give us our Melissa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3378007;
    Absolutely there is a big difference. Can you explain how what the DCC do is not dancing?
    The rule that DWTS has is that the person competing cannot have had formal ballroom dance training. Period.

Stacy Keibler is a perfect example of someone who started dancing when she was 3, was trained in ballet, jazz & tap and also was an NFL cheerleader for the Ravens.

Melissa has every right to be there from what I can tell and she did an incredible job. I really think she'll at very least make it to the top 3.

GO MELISSA

FORT Newbie

I just watched the interview with Mel and Tony after their preformance last night. Kudos to both of them for pulling their routine together in such a short notice. I can't imagine the heartbreak he felt after working with Nancy all those weeks and with the progress they made to watch it go down the drain. Mel may have dance experience but her courage to take this challenge tells me she earnestly wants to move her life forward and seperate herself from the "Jason nightmare". Congrats to both of them for all their hard work in the last 48 hours! It was a beautiful and elegant performance and I look forward to see what there routines offer in the weeks to come.

As far as the Jason jabbing, it will fade out as long as "he" stays away from the media. America has had enough of him and his "people skills" which was clearly demonstrated with those boos in the audience. His 15 minutes of fame have been exhausted. It is time for him to shut up, lead his life and let Melissa enjoy this moment on DWTS.

FORT Fogey

Holly thinks Mel is her biggest competition: LINK

As for her biggest competition? She thinks fellow newbie Melissa from The Bachelor is the one to beat: “She is a natural dancer and everyone loves her, including me.”

Closed Thread