Closed Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Interview w/Mel & Tony: LINK

Funny that he watched the Bachelor with his wife & talked about Melissa w/her before he knew she would be his partner.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3377444;
    Is that how she is supposed to win on DWTS?
    She did a really nice job last night. I don't vote. But what worries me are all of the people that decided they would use "all of their votes" before they even saw her dance. How objective can they be? Not very! I like watching this show, but I believe it's basically a popularity contest - at least until the finals!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3377759;
    She did a really nice job last night. I don't vote. But what worries me are all of the people that decided they would use "all of their votes" before they even saw her dance. How objective can they be? Not very! I like watching this show, but I believe it's basically a popularity contest - at least until the finals!

Well, I watched her and then I starting casting my votes. Between my computer and my home phone, cell phone, and my husband voting on his cell phone that is 52 votes. Melissa got 26 and Shawn got 26. I hope these two women and Cheryl's yummy partner are the final 3. I hope it comes down to Melissa and Shawn.

I thought Melissa looked beautiful and danced beautiful. And if all of the folks you dislike Melissa will notice, it was only the judges and host that had anything to say about Jason. She didn't say a word and I bet she asks them to please let it drop. You can tell she is ok and could not care less anymore. Good for her.

Also, most people don't hate Jason, they don't really hate what he did so much, they mostly just hate HOW he did it. Now if it is ever proven he did cheat on Melissa then he deserves the hate. I hate cheaters. Cheaters are losers in my book. Call me old fashion, but it is not that hard to stay faithful.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

With the amount of dance training Melissa has, I would expect her to do very well on the show. The only problems I have is her extensive amount of dance training (I can see a lot there) when it's supposed to be for amataurs and I'm still not a fan. I think the whole thing on Bach was manipulated, set-up by the producers and messed up. I don't think Melissa was an innocent sheep led to slaughter (she knew beforehand) and I don't think Jason was sneaky as much as stupid. Not about honestly breaking up with Melissa, but doing it on TV. I actually like them all and wish them the best, but Melissa is still...When she looked Jason in the eye and asked why, it looked like he was biting his lip. I swear there is something more there. Was she too needy? Not as family oriented as she seemed to be? Trying to be too prefect for Jason? Jason woke up and realized someone sitting home and playing Samantha to his Darren was not what he really wanted?

There is so much we don't know and probably never will. I just wish Melissa had less training in dance. I think she has a great shot, but you don't join the DCC without training. You really have to know your stuff.

This is not a Melissa dis. I wish her the best. She is keeping her mouth sut about Jason and Jason is saying and has been saying NOTHING but good things about her in public. Including an article I read this morning about how he thinks she will win. They have both been pretty quiet about anything but good about the other. Do I think Jason called Holly? Probably. I also think he will eventually call Melissa. He's freinds with his exes. He was surprised to see Deanna, but welcoming. I'm like that with a couple of my exes and they are freinds with my husband of fifteen years. I don't think he was planning behind Melissa's back. I just think he was being Jason. Let's face it, he wanted a fairytale and we all know that they only exist in Disneyworld. Marriage and relationships are hard work. WORTH IT! Fifteen years of my sweet husband has shown me that, but it's not perfect. I can't imagine how boring it would be if it was.
    Last edited by nliedel; 03-10-2009 at 08:56 AM.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;3377814;
    With the amount of dance training Melissa has, I would expect her to do very well on the show. The only problems I have is her extensive amount of dance training (I can see a lot there) when it's supposed to be for amataurs and I'm still not a fan. I think the whole thing on Bach was manipulated, set-up by the producers and messed up. I don't think Melissa was an innocent sheep led to slaughter (she knew beforehand) and I don't think Jason was sneaky as much as stupid. Not about honestly breaking up with Melissa, but doing it on TV. I actually like them all and wish them the best, but Melissa is still...When she looked Jason in the eye and asked why, it looked like he was biting his lip. I swear there is something more there. Was she too needy? Not as family oriented as she seemed to be? Trying to be too prefect for Jason? Jason woke up and realized someone sitting home and playing Samantha to his Darren was not what he really wanted?

There is so much we don't know and probably never will. I just wish Melissa had less training in dance. I think she has a great shot, but you don't join the DCC without training. You really have to know your stuff.'
    This is not completely true. I know sever DCC girls and some have had dance experience and some have had little to none before they make it. One of the former 5 year veterans I know personally and she never had any formal dance training.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

FORT Fanatic

Melissa had dance training, but it didn't seem like she had any ballroom experience. We are talking about a completely different genre and Melissa will actually have habits to break (for ballroom)..

Not to mention that being a DCC and ballet girl, she probably doesn't have a lot of experience dancing with someone, which is what she will do with Tony..

I think the fact that Melissa has less time than others makes the playing field a bit more even. However, I wasn't really impressed with most of them, and so she may take this easily just because of that.

There are quite a few former contestants who have had dance training as well as Kristi Yamaguchi who was trained in iceskating with and without partners. I think Melissa and Tony did a WONDERFUL job and really see them going to at least the final 3.

And when Stacy Keibler was on I don't remember anyone getting upset about her and if you look at her background it says she began dancing when she was three years old and has a background in ballet, tap and jazz and was also one of Baltimore's first "Raven Cheerleaders".

I loved it when Tom said "When one door closes another one opens", so true!!
    Last edited by athomeinfrisco; 03-10-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3377751;
    Interview w/Mel & Tony: LINK

Funny that he watched the Bachelor with his wife & talked about Melissa w/her before he knew she would be his partner.

I just watched this link - I thought it was really nice of Mel's partner that he didn't want to take any jabs at Jason either. When the interviewer said something to Melissa about taking some jabs she said no and turned away and Tony said no but you can take what Bruno said.

Melissa was awesome last night!!! I was so proud! I'm glad she is out there having fun, good for her.

I think the Jason jabbing should stop though, I think he already knows he messed up big time.

FORT Fanatic

I have come to eat my crow. Melissa did a really good job! She had alot of class and was perfect for DWTS. I was wrong so very very wrong.

Closed Thread