Closed Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

I'm so excited about this. (I have that proud-mom feeling!) What a wonderful adventure for Melissa to be a part of DWTS. I would think with her fanbase still reeling from her treatment on screen, this is a nice way to allow her to have her happy ending.

She is a beautiful dancer. I hope she goes far in this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3376212;
    Thanks for posting!

And it's great to see all the other posts supporting Melissa. I think she's going to do very well on DWTS, even with the early disadvantage of only a few days of rehearsal (compared to 2 months for the original cast). I've never seen Melissa cheer, but I can imagine that she will be very entertaining to watch in this popular dance competition.

After the Jason/Molly fiasco, Melissa joining DWTS is like a gift for her supporters (well, for me, anyway).

To the posters who think she'll use DWTS as a vehicle to solicit sympathy for her Bachelor breakup, I really doubt it. It would be completely justified, IMO, if she did, though. I don't know her personally, but she carried herself with grace and class on TB and Ellen, so I am expecting to see the same from her on DWTS and future interviews.
    Love your post. I feel its a gift too! We still get to see Melissa in a "better" environment, for another season. I don't think Melissa is like Deanna either, going around trying to get the sympathy vote. She presented herself very well on Ellen. If she did more interview media, and wanted to be the Bachelorette that would be another story. (I'm sure Molly was truly 2nd choice not only for Jason, but for MF for Bachelorette) I think this is an extremely positive choice for Mel.
    "I actually thought our relationship was 50 times better than the other guys. I thought it was my job to come back and get her." Reid R.

FORT Fanatic

Melissa was absolutely lovely. I refuse to even read the cynicism that surrounds this opportunity for her. ABC lucked out in a big way to be able to convince someone who has any sort of dance background, much less is willing to subject herself to the same standards and sometimes harsh criticism from the judges. I think Bruno had a definite bug up his butt tonight and was surprisingly intense for the first night.

DWTS is a tough gig with four weeks to prepare for most of the cast; rigorous and nerve-wracking with five days like Holly had, but a mere 48 hours? She was better than most who had the full rehearsal schedule.

I will look at her and vote for her (or not) with the same eye I do all the competitors. Right now, she's one to watch!

I do hope they can the crap about TB. But I think her dancing skill is going to take care of that all in good time.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3377384;
    ALL my votes (phone and online) went to her (I'm almost done with the online votes).

We get 13 phone votes and 13 online votes...GO TEAM MELISSA!!!
    Is that how she is supposed to win on DWTS? Enough of the sympathy already. Her's wasn't the greatest heartbreak on The Bachelor. She's getting some big breaks because of it. Being on this show is #1. I'll bet some of the other losers wish they'd had such chances and publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3377437;
    Love your post. I feel its a gift too! We still get to see Melissa in a "better" environment, for another season. I don't think Melissa is like Deanna either, going around trying to get the sympathy vote. She presented herself very well on Ellen. If she did more interview media, and wanted to be the Bachelorette that would be another story. (I'm sure Molly was truly 2nd choice not only for Jason, but for MF for Bachelorette) I think this is an extremely positive choice for Mel.
    Oh, thanks!

I watched her dance again (recorded the show), and they looked like dancers on top of a music box; it was mesmerizing.

And it's so cool to have another major network show with Melissa on it, now that the Bach 13 is over.

To those who commented on her tattoo...I love glitter, so I also like her tattoo "makeup". One of the things I love about this show is most of the costumes, especially the long flowing ones, like Melissa's tonight.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3377444;
    Is that how she is supposed to win on DWTS? Enough of the sympathy already. Her's wasn't the greatest heartbreak on The Bachelor. She's getting some big breaks because of it. Being on this show is #1. I'll bet some of the other losers wish they'd had such chances and publicity.
    Bachelor / ette and DWTS are the only reality shows I regularly watch. I won't vote for Melissa cause Jason dumped her, I will vote for her if she is an outstanding dancer. Every season on DWTS I pick my favorite after maybe the first three shows. If she impresses me tonight I will vote for her. (West Coast here)
    "I actually thought our relationship was 50 times better than the other guys. I thought it was my job to come back and get her." Reid R.

For only having 48 hours to rehearse..I thought she did a fabulous job! I will def. continue to watch her!

I loved her dance. GO MELISSA!

Im proud of melissa, she did AMAZING for only having a few day to practice i think she will go far

FORT Newbie

I was not a Melissa fan on the b'ette show. But I am now. She was one of the very best tonight. Plus she seemed very nice and handled herself beautifully. Good for her! This is so much better than getting stuck with Jason.

Closed Thread