Closed Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

FORT Fan

Re: Melissa Rycroft on "Dancing with the Stars"!

I think they are looking more for Media Personalitys rather than stars! Stars do not need this show for promotion!
    Nearly every celebrity doing this show is either trying to get exposure for a sagging career or wanting to persue one!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Zao;3375464;
    This is too funny. If she was in it for the fame, she would have a) gone to the ATFR2, b) done the Bachelorette, and c) participated in interviews/TV appearances

Except she failed to show up to the ATFR2, turned down 100k from the Bachelorette and did one TV interview with Ellen. Yup, sounds like a famewhore

Let's face it, this was a last-minute replacement and she was the perfect candidate. Do you honestly believe she would have been picked if she didn't have a dancer background? She has 4 days to prepare for a live show, for goodness sakes.
    Ditto. Couldn't have said it better myself.

She has turned down other fame-whoring, money-making opportunities in favor of an opportunity to do something that she actually loves and has experience in. Doesn't sound like a "fame-whore" to me.

I say Good for Melissa and I will be tuning in to watch a show that I never watch.

So now we know who came out smelling like a rose. Good for her. She gets to dance and Molly gets ole whatshisname.

FORT Newbie

Also wanted to second what someone else mentioned about the DCC reality show.. this wasn't a show she applied for. It was a tryout process that MTV/CMT decided to film.
    Last edited by MissThing; 03-10-2009 at 02:43 PM.

FORT Newbie

I'm sure that TPTB are hoping she stays on as long as possible - what a great way to get an audience for Bachelorette (wonder if Jillian might even be watching from the wings one night). If MF helped her get this gig, he might have gotten back into her good graces enough to get her to make an appearance on Bachelorette. Looks like a win-win situation for all involved (Melissa, DWTS, TB and ABC) to me. probably even good for Molly and Jason - will get the spotlight and talk off of them - if they truly want to have a relationship.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TCFan;3376742;
    I'm sure that TPTB are hoping she stays on as long as possible - what a great way to get an audience for Bachelorette (wonder if Jillian might even be watching from the wings one night). If MF helped her get this gig, he might have gotten back into her good graces enough to get her to make an appearance on Bachelorette. Looks like a win-win situation for all involved (Melissa, DWTS, TB and ABC) to me. probably even good for Molly and Jason - will get the spotlight and talk off of them - if they truly want to have a relationship.
    I agree. I do think Jill will be in the audience towards end of show. Jason wished her luck and thinks she could win and Mel gets to move on to something positive. This is a good thing for all.

Quote Originally Posted by southlake;3376689;
    I say Good for Melissa and I will be tuning in to watch a show that I never watch.
    Me too!! She was a DCC for 2 seasons and had to learn dance routines PDQ so DWTS shouldn't be "that hard" for her. When I heard this I said I have to watch for as long as she is on. I really don't like the show (gets too boring, too showy!) but they haven't introduced her yet. Maybe towards the end?

OMG...LT looks like a football player trying to dance. He's not doing too bad, really...maybe it's me and I am just perceiving it wrong, lol.

THE JACKASS GUY?? Now I know why I never watch this show...I don't like many of the contestants!! Maybe I should just catch Melissa's parts online...

FORT Newbie

Mel's # to vote via text is 3413. I just casted all 13 of my votes for her. Also casted 13 votes online and made both of my sons text 13 votes each for her too.

FORT Fogey

I'm so excited to see Melissa on this show - she just has to make it past the first vote off, they've only had 48 hours to work! Tony is not my favorite, but it'll be fun to see her live.

she did a great job :-)
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

Closed Thread