+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what is the deal with Deanna?

Re: what is the deal with Deanna?

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3376523;
    It's weird, I used to be a bigger Jesse fan than DeAnna fan, even though I liked them both, but after seeing the way they've acted since the break-up I actually like DeAnna more.
    ITA. I feel the same.

FORT Fan

I like DeAnna, she's clearly not perfect and neither am I. I've read all the reasons people give for hating her, I've yet to be convinced she is an evil selfish witch.

I was disappointed she let Jason get on his knee, but I believed the producers made her do it because they wanted footage of both men on their knee and proposing (to hype the finale as a double proposal). I'm even more sure of that now. None of us were there, we don't know what really happened behind the scenes and I'm not sure Jason was completely in the dark. I'm not going to heap all the blame on one person just because she is a convenient target.

It's weird, I used to be a bigger Jesse fan than DeAnna fan, even though I liked them both, but after seeing the way they've acted since the break-up I actually like DeAnna more. Jesse's endless self-promotion is over the top and I think that is one of the things that really turned DeAnna off. I think she started to feel like more of a marketable product than a person to him. She wants her share of the limelight but his constant hustle is extreme, and it'd scare me off too. Holly seems to like it though, perhaps she and Jesse are a good fit for that reason. I doubt they're really all that serious though.
    That's where I'm beginning to drift too. Holly is a sweet, background singer, kinda chick without much to say and is very inarticulate when she does say something ... I think Matt said he let her go because although the physical attraction was there, the "conversation was lacking." That was very "diplomatic" of him. She was a good arm doll for Justin Guarini ... Now she has another wannabe star to dangle from on the red carpet ... and she doesn't mind sporting all of Jesse's sponsors' merchandise either. Whatever works for both of them is fine with me. Somebody has got to be the head and somebody has got to be the tail. DeAnna and Jesse were more like the pushmi-pullyu from Dr. Dolittle.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCreeklady;3376651;
    I think they are way more serious than DeAnna and he! She (Holly) likes his lifestyle and they are both from Ohio. DeAnna would never survive in the Mountian climate!
    I don't think Jesse and Holly are that serious because a reporter wrote in a recent interview with talkleft.com:

Will he be our next bachelor? No one from the show has approached him about it, and if hes in a serious relationship at that time, probably not.

Why wouldn't the reporter quote him as saying something like, "I'm psyched to be with Holly! Don't bother calling me ABC, I've finally found my girl." Instead it sounds like he told the reporter he PROBABLY wouldn't be interested IF he's in a serious relationship when they ask (don't wait for that phone call Jess). It doesn't seem like he's too confident about where things are going with Holly, which makes me think they're both in it for the publicity. I hope for Holly's sake she is on the same page as him. He told the reporter they see each other every couple weeks, it's hard to test a relationship under those circumstances. It's too easy to be on your best behavior if you only see someone you're dating twice a month.

FORT Fan

I think Holly and Jesse are taking it slow - as they should. He said in another recent interview that he was "in a relationship" but if that changed, he'd consider doing The Bachelor. So, things still seem rather "tentative." Besides, they hooked up waaaay to soon for him to have been as devastated as he was over DeAnna. Also, in one of those talkleft.com interviews where they asked the 25 questions, he said one thing he learned from his relationship with Deanna was that he "could love someone enough to die for them." Now, I don't know about you, but that's not something I'd be trying to hear if I were Holly because, no matter what is going on between them, I don't think his feelings are anywhere close to that for her. But, hey, she said she dated Robert on that segment during the WTA. Clearly, if she'd date Robert, she'd date a man who was still pining over someone else. Blech!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3376840;
    I think Holly and Jesse are taking it slow - as they should. He said in another recent interview that he was "in a relationship" but if that changed, he'd consider doing The Bachelor. So, things still seem rather "tentative." Besides, they hooked up waaaay to soon for him to have been as devastated as he was over DeAnna. Also, in one of those talkleft.com interviews where they asked the 25 questions, he said one thing he learned from his relationship with Deanna was that he "could love someone enough to die for them." Now, I don't know about you, but that's not something I'd be trying to hear if I were Holly because, no matter what is going on between them, I don't think his feelings are anywhere close to that for her. But, hey, she said she dated Robert on that segment during the WTA. Clearly, if she'd date Robert, she'd date a man who was still pining over someone else. Blech!

Well for a couple "taking it easy " he has a whole section of photos on his myspace with 23 pictures of the two of them.

And they appeared togther on EXTRA on March 3rd and 6th...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCreeklady;3377145;
    Well for a couple "taking it easy " he has a whole section of photos on his myspace with 23 pictures of the two of them.

And they appeared together on EXTRA on March 3rd and 6th...
    Jesse isn't going to turn down any publicity but also notice that Jesse and Holly first "came out" as a couple around the time that damage control started behind the scenes because of Jason. Also, Charlie and Sarah, who had been back together for months were pulled out of the archives. Notice, though, that Jesse and Holly didn't get the sweet edit that Fred and Noelle got. They showed Holly lusting over Graham, posing with Jeremy, admitting to dating Robert the creep and, finally, being playful with Jesse in Breck ...

So, showing off the chick doesn't necessarily mean anything. Jesse went off the deep end when DeAnna left him and Holly has been a good "companion" for him since right after the breakup. They look cute together but they don't look "in love" IMHO.

Besides, Jesse said it himself when they first appeared on Extra ... "we aren't super exclusive" ...

I didn't like Deanna because she was super boring and seemed kind of stupid and mean. Joel McHale on the Soup always did a great job making fun of her though, both during Brad's season and her own season, so she was fun to have around for that.

I do feel bad for Deanna, she really thought that she was going to fall in love and get married from her stint on the Bachelorette. Boy, did that crash and burn.

I actually just rewatched a couple of days ago her ATFR when she met with Jason...definitely have a different perspective on it now.

FORT Newbie

I think the media/tv attention got to DeAnna. She went from being a real estate agent in GA to a tv star for three seasons. While Brad only got hour long shows, DeAnna had two hour shows each week. Her season was a hit. I thought DeAnna was cute. Her personality was very different when she was with Brad compared to when she was the Bachelorette. Her confidence soared and she seemed very different to me. For the life of me, I will never understand how she let Jeremy walk away. She has taken a lot of criticism, but she is still beautiful. I think she is just trying to make the most of the hand she has been dealt.

Along for the ride PotstickersRgud's Avatar

I like DeAnna, she's clearly not perfect and neither am I. I've read all the reasons people give for hating her, I've yet to be convinced she is an evil selfish witch.

I was disappointed she let Jason get on his knee, but I believed the producers made her do it because they wanted footage of both men on their knee and proposing (to hype the finale as a double proposal). I'm even more sure of that now. None of us were there, we don't know what really happened behind the scenes and I'm not sure Jason was completely in the dark. I'm not going to heap all the blame on one person just because she is a convenient target.

It's weird, I used to be a bigger Jesse fan than DeAnna fan, even though I liked them both, but after seeing the way they've acted since the break-up I actually like DeAnna more. Jesse's endless self-promotion is over the top and I think that is one of the things that really turned DeAnna off. I think she started to feel like more of a marketable product than a person to him. She wants her share of the limelight but his constant hustle is extreme, and it'd scare me off too. Holly seems to like it though, perhaps she and Jesse are a good fit for that reason. I doubt they're really all that serious though.
    I agree with you on this with the exception of Jason possibly being in on it. He didn't know. I also feel they may have wanted him on his knee so he would get more sympathy and put him in a better place to be TB. Much like the sympathy card they gave to Melissa with the "public" dumping.

I was glad that DeAnna didn't choose Jason. I don't think she's a bad person, but I think she knows what she wants and goes for it. And that's great for a single person, but I don't feel she was ready to be a step mom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast