+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A new thread for the Post-Spoiler World: Parting Words

Re: A new thread for the Post-Spoiler World: Parting Words

Looking at the timeline....all the handwriting was very clearly on the wall before Steve even released his announcement. People were discussing all of the individual pieces, his announcement put them together.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3379717;
    I mean the first time we had a break up (Aaron and Helene) we had to have a one hour special...we had two tons of extra press for Deanna when Brad chose no one...this show takes extra time and attention with "FIRSTS" and sadly this was no exception....
    And let's put to rest, once and for all, that silly notion that Brad is some sort of hero for bravely going where no man had gone before in choosing no one. Brad didn't man-up and do anything on his own that doesn't have the Fleiss' stink on it. Fleiss was thrilled with Brad's non-ending and fully supported it, or else we would have been watching a two-hour Brad-Deanna: THe Break-Up Special instead of a Deanna-Jenni jilt at the FRC. Anyone who thinks Jason could have quietly walked away from Melissa just because Brad didn't choose anyone has underestimated just how evil this whole thing is.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3369682;
    (2) DID HE OR DIDN'T HE CALL MOLLY--

It kind of cracks me up that they haven't been able to keep their stories straight on this, but after reading somewhere in the Media thread that Jason was allowed to call Molly to see how she was doing after the finale-- come on! I can understand wanting to do that, but for him to do it?? He should've had someone else make that call.

The reason he was allowed to make the call was to stoke the flames and keep the embers burning. I'm sure he didn't give anything away to Molly, but he kept the dream alive for her, so I'm sure he knew where he was heading with his decision. Then we hear that they spoke over the Holidays and suddenly things are rocky between Melissa & Jason. Hmm...I wonder why...

Remember-- this is Jason we're talking about here-- the guy who didn't want to be alone in the end... there is NO WAY he was going to ask Molly to give him another shot w/o knowing that she would say yes. Perhaps he never came out and said it to Molly so they could get their money shot of her surprise, but if Melissa had an incling that something bad was happening, I think Molly had an incling that something good might happen.

I believe Jason contacted Molly, with permission, fairly soon after getting back from NZ. Given the content of Molly's exit interview, diaries of the departed, I'm sure she continued to fill Jason's head with reasons as to why Melissa was not the right one.

Then we learn that Fleiss was considering Molly as next bachelorette. I believe it was a post by CindaB wherein she stated that Molly asked to be let out of her confidentiality contract in order to speak with her family and friends about doing the bachelorette.

We also know that Molly contacted Jason during the holidays, and it is my belief that she droped the whole "I might be the next bachelorette" bombshell on him at that point. By Jason's admission things with Melissa went south very quickly after the holidays. I believe he continued to second guess himself and then panicked when he found out the info from Molly. Bonnie Hunt brought this up in her interview, and from the reaction of Molly and Jason I believe it to be true-her calling him, dropping the bomb and then Jaosn panicking and bailing on his engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3379832;
    And let's put to rest, once and for all, that silly notion that Brad is some sort of hero for bravely going where no man had gone before in choosing no one. Brad didn't man-up and do anything on his own that doesn't have the Fleiss' stink on it. Fleiss was thrilled with Brad's non-ending and fully supported it, or else we would have been watching a two-hour Brad-Deanna: THe Break-Up Special instead of a Deanna-Jenni jilt at the FRC. Anyone who thinks Jason could have quietly walked away from Melissa just because Brad didn't choose anyone has underestimated just how evil this whole thing is.
    Meatball sandwich anyone??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345