+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A new thread for the Post-Spoiler World: Parting Words

Re: A new thread for the Post-Spoiler World: Parting Words

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughtful posts. I was getting very discouraging reading all the negative and sometimes nasty stuff on various boards. I appreciate people stating their thoughts and opinions in a clear and non-vitriolic manner.

I know things will work out for Melissa. I really hope things work out for Molly and Jason and that all the bashing and media hype will not be the cause of any break up.

FORT Newbie

My thoughts:

Little Ty will be fine. He still has his mom (Hillary) to keep him grounded, even if dad was on a TV show and Ty met two of Daddy's "friends". Big kudos to Hillary, btw, for keeping out of the media hysterics during all this, too!

Jason has some relationship issues that he needs to work thru if he truly wants long-term happiness. Perhaps that's part of why he and Hillary are no longer together?

IMHO, Molly's sort of caught in the middle, but I think she's intelligent enough to grill Jason very, very thoroughly before making a long-term commitment. I understand that she's taking things slowly, which is good (per the People article). I'm pretty disappointed at other posters who have called her a whore - without actually knowing the young lady personally, it's a totally inappropriate term. If anything, it's the production crew at TB that should be labeled as such - screwing the viewing audience for ratings, if you will.

I also disagree with those folk who say that Molly's too young to be a mother/stepmom. My daughter had two little one's by the time she was 24, and she's an incredible mom. And I'm not saying that because she's my daughter - this was a girl who was very much a tomboy growing up, HATED babysitting, rarely played with dolls, and wanted to be an Irish literature professor at a major university. She was VERY, VERY career-oriented. . . until she met her husband on a blind date when she was 20. Everybody's different, and a blanket statement that Molly's not old enough to be a mom is irresponsible.

Melissa will be fine. Like most folk, I'm pretty disgusted at Jason for blindsiding her on national tv the way he did, that was terribly unforgivable. As she stated on Ellen, she already knew they were done as a couple before setting foot on the ATFR1 stage, but she was not prepared for what hit her when the cameras were rolling. Her reaction, IMHO, was incredibly controlled - I don't know how she did that, but it showed a tremendous amount of class on her part to handle it the way she did. I read somewhere else that the fellow she's seeing now, Ty, has been a friend for a couple of years, with just an occasional date now and then, but it's turned into more of a relationship since ATFR1 was filmed. I hope he treats her with the respect she deserves. Seeing what she's gone thru, and especially the way she's handled herself, personally, I think her parents should be very, very proud of her. And if she pursues her dream of being a first grade teacher - boy, aren't those kids going to be lucky!

FWIW. . .

FORT Fan

Who really cares? It's not like Jason is a big catch. Why go on TV for that? Molly could have met him picking up garbage on the golf course. Her parents could have introduced her to someone more suitable.

Jason is older, not incredibly attractive, has an ex-wife who left him (for a reason I'm sure) and has to pay him child support, a spoiled acting child, a weepy mother that coddles him, some overweight brothers and an overweight dad ... and sells he frickin' insurance when most folks are short on money ... I don't get his appeal. He deserves a fat girl who works at the mall selling pretzels.

lol sjcali you are too darn funny

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3371422;
    I agree here! Great post Cantstopwatchin. You have hit my pressure points on this show also.

I still believe (without any evidence) that Jason was test run in Deanna's season to see how he would play to fans as a "single dad," and contracted for the F2 position to lead him there. TPTB found him malable and gullible, perhaps deliberately blind.

If the plot was not hatched by MF and MH before the show, it was percolating in the background, and they found fertile ground for its implementation. The skill, from years of experience, of directing the characters in the "right" direction to satisfy the plot line has been honed to a T. I am convinced tht Molly was led to believe from both Jason and the producers that she was the F1 from at least the camping date on. I think Melissa was also. Those little whispers from your producer "friends." They were set on a fast track for collision. The first screencaps were screeming "Beware, set up!"

Jason's inability to make any decision was the perfect opportunity for influence. He could choose either one, being assured tht they would facilitate whatever he wanted if it didn't work out. He gets a do-over, a mulligan. Great opportunity to nurse Molly's feelings, prop up Melissa, all heading to the quickie AFTR1 ... It is so interesting to watch the flip-flop, when a character (after the show) says completely opposite what he/she said right after taping happened.

So while TPTB say that it is "real" and "not scripted," meaning there are no written words to recite,(except when they badger you until you ay the right thing ) the action is certainly not left up to the wims of the players. And the behind the sceenes manipulation assures that feelings are properly nourished to produce the correct results.

We laugh about them not being about to keep their stories straight, but by the end of their PR blitz, everyone is playing pretty - even Melissa. The set up fades to the background. No one got hurt. No one will hear anything negative until well into the next show. And Fleiss rides away into the sunset to rape and pillage another day

I have wondered if sometime before the FRC Molly told Jason "I'll wait for you."

Jason really needs to get off TV now. Every appearance he makes he just looks worse.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3373672;
    Jason really needs to get off TV now. Every appearance he makes he just looks worse.

But, every appearance probably sells ads, big time. He's not about to get off TV until they (ah, the ever elusive 'they') have milked every last time out of this person.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I have seen so much over the last few seasons about the contestants being labeled as media hos, etc. Yes some have been over the top, but for the most part they are all there for exposure. The ones with BF/GF when they went on show then take right back up with them when they return obviously weren't looking for love.
    To go on this show you have to have some desire to be on camera/to see yourself on tv, etc.

Its a new line of work these days, find a reality show, get exposure, get a myspace, etc and set yourself up in business. Some are better at it than others. Some do walk away all together. Brad is often pointed to as one that did. However his bars used the images from the show endleslly and had parties based on the show etc. So in some way the top 3 or 4 usually get some kind of exposure for it. (for Bettina perhaps better real estate sales)
    So what?
    So Melissa is on DWTS, so what ? Jason sets up website for single parents, so ?
    Jesse has always kept up with his fans and stayed on 2nd rate red carpet events, so what?

Good for them and most people complaining about it wouldn't if they had the chance???
    As for Trista being someone above this, come on her wedding was a whole show unto itself, planning, etc.

Just sayign

FORT Fan

Trista is still getting perks. Heck, when she was having problems getting pregnant the first time, EPT donated 100 pregnancy kits to her. Max's first birthday was sponsored. Trista and Ryan got to christen a cruise ship ... ABC is going to call them almost every season because they are still the only couple who has ever gotten married. The money she got for letting them televise the wedding is the reason why she can probably afford to be a stay at home mom now. At least on the outside, the show has afforded her a great life.

okay this is NOT to take up for anyone nor it is being written to bash anyone...as far as I am concerned it is over and done with and only time will tell the tale as to how it will all end...BUT

Am I the only bachelor fan who has wondered NOT IF BUT WHEN we would have a bachelor/bachelorette who comes back after picking the F1 and says...I don't think I picked the right person and I think i should have picked the F2 or someone else.... I have thought about this before this season ever showed and I think last year when they did one of those "where are they now shows" I think a couple of the guys made comments about people they let go that maybe they shouldn't have....so I was just wondering if I was the only one who thought that this would happen sooner or later.

and knowing how ABC loves to "MILK" these things for all they are worth...I mean does anyone really think they would let the "FIRST TIME" anything happens on their show be done quietly and away from the public....lmao..NOT in this lifetime

I mean the first time we had a break up (Aaron and Helene) we had to have a one hour special...we had two tons of extra press for Deanna when Brad chose no one...this show takes extra time and attention with "FIRSTS" and sadly this was no exception...

IMO ONLY Fleiss had his hand in what happened but when he saw how the public reacted he "saved himself' and tossed his golden boy under the bus..and I am too scared as to what he will try to make Jillian do..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast