+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who will be watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette after this season?

Re: Who will be watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette after this season?

I prefer the Bachelorette versions for obvious reasons , so I'll be watching. However, this season has cured me once and for all of getting invested in the romance. I probably will not watch anymore Bachelor versions.

FORT Regular

I don't plan to watch but I'll read RS and the spoiler thread just for fun. I realize that my time is far more important than to get hooked into watching another Fleiss show if I can help it.

I've only watched four seasons of TB, but this last season broke me of the habit. I think Jillian seems like a sweet girl, I wish her well, but I won't be watching.

To be completely honest, a celebrity such as Britney Spears can become the next bachelorette and I would still watch it!!! This show is my guilty pleasure and I watch it every season in the hopes of seeing a love story develop and blossom outside of the show but whether that happens or not, I am still going to watch it no matter what! I cannot stay away!

[QUOTE=bigedlb;3372431; or our favorite canary in the coal mine, Reality Steve, will get info and blow the lid off of something.[/QUOTE]

Excellent metaphor for RS! I was wondering just how successful he will be this time around. What do you think?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

I'm done. I've watched every season - though the first ones my viewing was sporadic.
    The most recent ones I've been obsessed. Really wanting the fairytale. The closest to that, and most genuine I felt was with Andy and Tessa (ducking while insults hurl.)
    Now the whole thing has turned into a farce, as far as I'm concerned. I feel manipulated and it makes me angry.
    I have a business, a great husband and family and I've let myself become sucked into and obsessed by a stupid show. I've taken time away from things I should be doing to follow the boards and read every bit of news I could find.
    I don't gawk at car crashes, watch snuff films, or even the trashier reality shows. Why have I let my self get so caught up??????
    I guess I have to thank MF and all the other PTB for waking me up and breaking the hold they had on me. I will still watch DWTS (go Melissa!) but beyond that, my reality show of choice is "Househunters" on HGTV. And can I say, my husband will be thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3381920;
    I'm done. I've watched every season - though the first ones my viewing was sporadic.
    The most recent ones I've been obsessed. Really wanting the fairytale. The closest to that, and most genuine I felt was with Andy and Tessa (ducking while insults hurl.)
    Now the whole thing has turned into a farce, as far as I'm concerned. I feel manipulated and it makes me angry.
    I have a business, a great husband and family and I've let myself become sucked into and obsessed by a stupid show. I've taken time away from things I should be doing to follow the boards and read every bit of news I could find.
    I don't gawk at car crashes, watch snuff films, or even the trashier reality shows. Why have I let my self get so caught up??????
    I guess I have to thank MF and all the other PTB for waking me up and breaking the hold they had on me. I will still watch DWTS (go Melissa!) but beyond that, my reality show of choice is "Househunters" on HGTV. And can I say, my husband will be thrilled!

I will watch. It is a show. I watch it and don't expect great things to come out of meeting someone and 6 weeks later being engaged and having that lead to a wedding.
    Last edited by MissThing; 03-13-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog;3364226;
    I'm going to skip Jillian's turn.

I think she's gorgeous, and has a nice personality, but all her comments about starting out looking for adventure rather than a husband are a fairly solid indication she won't take this very seriously.

And I'm a little sick of all the Fleiss handling in general after that embarrassing ATFR last night.
    I don't think I will watch.

I agree with what you said about the comment she made about the adventure etc. But, wouldn't it be funny if she actually found love in the end by starting out just for the adventure. I have heard a lot of people say they found love when they weren't really looking for it.

My daughter wants me to DVR it and if it turns out good then go back a watch from start to finish on 1 lazy Saturday skipping through all the commercials. Maybe I will do that.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I like Jil but I won't watch like I've done the past two seasons... making sure I'm home and have all my chores and stuff done before it comes on. If I'm home and have nothing to do then I may watch. Especially while folding laundry. But I won't make sure I'm home and ready to do nothing but watch this show.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3371713;
    I will watch Jillian (my fave bachelorette ever) and 25 hotties. Bonus for me, I hope she finds what she is looking for, and I hope she stands up to TIIC and doesn't get pulled into any of the crap MF may have in store.
    Jillian's my most fav Bachelorette ever too. Not that I've watched every season though.

+ Reply to Thread