+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who will be watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette after this season?

FORT Newbie

Re: Who will be watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette after this season?

I'll be watching .. but really ... who takes any of these shows seriously? Do people still even think BB has anything remotely "real" about it? It's pure entertainment to me. Feel bad for the people involved ... but I never take this stuff seriously.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Sounds familiar. So many Jason haters, after they adored him on the Bachlorette. Same held true for Deanna. She was felt sorry for first time around. Not so, when she became the Bachlorette. Bet you any money, Jillian will gain naysayers when she's on every week, doing things and making decisions people won't agree with.

I"ll be watching . Heck "Eye Candy" on the way. Geez, Reality Steve already has scoop for Jillian's season. Read his latest blog. I think it's fair to say, we can believe his sources now.

FORT Fanatic

The past two shows and all the media attention it has drawn assures more ppl will at least tune in for the next faux love story. I will be there, TB is a hoot.

I'll watch.. why not?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by beach;3364096;
    I will because I really like Jillian. And I honestly love seeing the interaction between all of the single people, etc. I love seeing the cool places they go and the neat things that they do on their dates. Honestly though, these people should KNOW BY NOW that when they sign up for a REALITY TV SHOW that things are *most likely* not going to go as THEY have planned. I look at The Bachelor as a more of an entertaining television show rather than someone ACTUALLY finding love. And I'm 99.9% sure *most* of the contestants do as well.
    That's pretty much how I feel, too - but I have to admit that I always hope there will be a happy match at the end. I'm just praying Jillian survives!

FORT Regular

I will watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette for what it is--entertainment. It is NOT a reality show...it is entertainment. If somehow, sometime it works out that there is really a successful love affair and they even eventually get married, then I'll be happy for them and enjoy the rare true love story.

If I could get the producers to change one thing, I would like to see them to produce and then air the show up to the selection of the two finalists and then allow the Bachelor/Bachelorette date the two finalists while the story is shown on television. Then follow up with a live grand finale where the Bachelor/Bachelorette chooses the final one...like Charlie did. That format would have saved a lot of hurt, anger, and disasppointment this time. It would give the two finalists and the Bachelor/Bachelorette a little more time to get to know each other in a more realistic setting for a few weeks (other than they will need to meet in secret).

I will be watching. I didn't like DeAnna/Jason anyway, and Jillian is the first contestant I've liked a lot since Danielle(Andy's). I think Jill's will be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3369126;
    Sounds familiar. So many Jason haters, after they adored him on the Bachlorette. Same held true for Deanna. She was felt sorry for first time around. Not so, when she became the Bachlorette. Bet you any money, Jillian will gain naysayers when she's on every week, doing things and making decisions people won't agree with.

BTW I agree with you one million percent!

While I don't agree with how Jason went about all of this I am glad that he did follow his heart. IMO nothing hurts worse than following through in an effort to make it work when you are truly in love with someone else. Maybe it's just me but I saw way early on that this man was far to conflicted to make a final choice or proposal. I also knew that he should choose Molly.

Yes I will watch because at the end of the day I still enjoy it. I am not mad at anyone, it's reality T.V. and yes it is sad and terrible when people do get hurt. However they're all grown adults who signed up for this when they chose to date on national television.

Unfortunately people make mistakes and some are worse than others. But in the end we are all human. I am really looking forward to seeing Jillian. Jllian is funny, spunky and as my DH says downright adorable. I truly hope that she's as lucky as Trista was!

When do they start taping?!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by bigfandd;3367023;
    My husband and I are done watching the show. The ending of the show was not entaining in anyway to us. Spending 6-7 weeks to watch a show to have it end like that is not worth it. Much better things to do with our time. Having my teeth pulled out one at a time sound more appealing at this point.
    This is how I feel. I knew the contestants were manipulated every season, and editing was done to show what TPTB wanted, but the type of drama that happened this season is not something I find entertaining. I've just completely lost my enthusiasm for the show. Which stinks, because I really loved following the sleuthing and backstories.

Oh well, maybe I'll find a good book to read on my back porch this summer instead.

And my thought on all those "new viewers" this controversy has brought in? They won't even remember The Bachelor by May, much less care enough to tune into Jillian (nothing against her though) each week.

+ Reply to Thread