+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why mad at Jason and not ABC/Fleiss?

FORT Fogey

Re: Why mad at Jason and not ABC/Fleiss?

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3371705;
    Just because Melissa thought Jason was in contact with Molly does not make it true.
    He has now admitted that he got permission from the producers to get in touch with her when he got back from NZ. He did contact Molly.

Also, it is said that Molly got in touch with him over Christmas. I haven't heard him say that, but since he admitted getting in touch with Molly after he flat out lied about it on the ATFR, I would guess there is a good chance that he did talk with Molly over Christmas.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3363122;
    Jason had every right to change his mind. However, when they proposed that he dump Melissa on camera instead of privately, he should have had the gumptions to say no. They went after Brad with guns blazing, but he held fast and took it like a man. Jason should have done the same.

Why would he say NO to an on-camera breakup when he already had 24 on-camera breakups?

There was nothing wrong with the way he ended it with Melissa! The entire season was on-camera. It doesn't make any sense that this one single break-up should be kept private while we all think it is our business to peek in on the other 24 breakups.

This private studio filming was nothing more than a continuation of the season. And Melissa knew they were already broken up. She knew when prepping for the show that they were not going through with the marriage. She is no more the victim than I am when I buy a bag of chips and eat it.

And she's a nutjob anyway, talking in the 3rd person about herself, and thinking a month relationship is something that should be "fought for". Maybe she talked about herself third-person in bed... would explain why Jason said the chemistry faded

But anyway, this is an ENTIRE SEASON of on-camera living. It is fine-and-dandy that an engagement breakup should be on-camera as well. It's not like it was ever a real engagement anyway. There was no wedding chapel reservations, dress-making that had to be called off, entertainers that had to be cancelled, deposits that had to be forfeited, no parading around in showing off an engagement ring, etc.

It was simply a relationship that didn't work out, just like the other 24 on-camera breakups before it. If that doesn't desensitize a person, I don't know what would. Jason is a good, compassionate guy and he just fell victim to his heart and had to follow it. Makes no difference on-camera or off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustina;3363069;
    I don't think there's any question whatsoever that Jason thought Melissa would be okay, at the point when the scheme to pick her and then dump her was first brought forward to him (at F5, according to RS's latest source). I believe that a little light bulb probably clicked on in his head: "This is kind of like what happened with me and DeAnna; although she didn't pick me, and I was hurt, now I've moved on - and look! Everyone loves me and I'm about to ride off happily into the sunset with my own choice! Melissa will be fine, and then she'll get to be the next Bachelorette, so it's okay. She'll only be hurt for a little while. She'll understand when it's her turn."

The problem I have with him is his decision to continue to do what Fleiss was telling him to - when he could see that Melissa was in it for real while he knew that he was just playing along for appearances; when he was going behind her back with Molly (whether he saw Molly or spoke to her is just semantics, Harrison); when Fleiss wanted him to break up with Melissa on camera even though the contract (as per sdl) doesn't say that was required. And I have a problem with the sheer gall that it took to start making out with Molly on the couch at AFTR practically before Melissa's limo had even hit the first stoplight on her way out of there.

How could he be so STUPID as to not have any idea how any of that would feel to Melissa? How could he be so STUPID as to not realize how any of that would look to anyone watching? How could he be so STUPID as to not consider how his son might see this in the years to come? In my opinion, he's not. I think he could see exactly what was going on, but since he's a coward, he chose to bury his head in the sand and believe Fleiss's lies that it would all be okay in the end. And when it became painfully clear that it was not, in fact, okay, rather than say, "contract or no contract, Fleiss, this ain't hapening," he was a good little soldier and did exactly what he was told. He is the epitome of self-centered. I believe someone in another thread called him a narcissist. Sounds about right to me.

The only teeny tiny bit of percentage of a sliver of pity that I might have had for him comes from the fact that HE'S the one now being hung out to dry by the media, HE'S the one having to do the circuits and answer the questions and be the butt of the jokes, and HE'S the one now realizing that HE'LL be considered to be responsible for this mess. I could almost see the comprehension dawning on his face on Kimmel last night. "Huh, this is not quite how I'd been led to believe it would be." Today, when it's too late to do anything about it, the golden boy is starting to get a little tarnished. And he doesn't like it. Boo-effing-hoo.

If I could bold this whole statement, I would. I think this sums it all up so well and with reason and intelligence and thought.

I don't know that I will ever get over the absolute emotional disconnect that Jason showed towards Melissa as she was being hit by the full import of this whole scheme. The man had to struggle just to summon any tears at all or any appearance of caring. He was so into himself and what he wanted and getting his stupid words straight (that were written for him by TPTB), that he couldn't just shut up and LOOK at this woman and feel something real for her. I will never get that out of my mind.

I am not mad at Jason, I am disgusted with him. I also am shocked that he really thought that somehow he could possibly come out of that whole ATFR 1 show looking like anything remotely resembling a human being.

At one point, the key point for me, Melissa comes right out in all her pain and hurt and says, "Something happened, what happened?" So what does our shining knight Jason do, how does he react? Why he just says, "so to get back to what I was saying..." No answer, no indication that he even HEARD her cry for an answer. She knew that something wasn't right in the whole thing. She knew he pulled away from her as soon as the cameras stopped rolling. She also knew that he initially felt the need to contact Molly to see if she was all right. Maybe if he had put some of that energy into being with Melissa and making sure she was all right, things could have been different.

The icing on the cake was when Molly came out and, before you knew it, they were kissing and making out. This, just minutes after Melissa left that same set. Did they even know if she was okay? Did they even stop to think that she might still be backstage watching? No, they just went at it and never thought to take a moment and show some respect and sensitivity for what just happened. They could have tried to act like adults and displayed some dignity. Then when they got off the set, they could have jumped all over each other.

Watching that was truly unspeakable. I don't let TPTB off the hook at all. Look at them throw Jason under the bus as soon as it was all over. That's why he should never have gone along with their callous and insidious plan. If Jason had stood up like a man and told Melissa that he acted badly and inexcusably and was ashamed and wanted to sincerely offer a total apology for the whole mess, without any lame excuses, then maybe I could give him a tiny piece of credit. But he couldn't even do that. All he could do was say basically, "the devil made me do it." We all know who the devil is. But Jason had a choice. Instead he chose to stomp all over Melissa like a doormat, so he could have his chance at "real love".

Well, he got it. Now he's going to have to live with it.
    Last edited by Nativenewyorker; 03-08-2009 at 04:39 AM.

FORT Newbie

In one interview Jason said the Melissa knew before she came out at the ATFR show that they were not together. I think that Melissa knew it was over but ABC made her play along for the ratings.

Stella

Quote Originally Posted by GlowGirl3729;3363576;
    and by the way, that deanna pappas sure has some NERVE showing up and wanting jason still before he goes to propose. af first, i thought it was just a publicity stunt but when i saw her asking him to take her back (PUKE), I JUST about lost my cookies. she came back because she is competitive and catty.
    I believe the footage of Deanna & Jason was all SPIN. Deanna's lines were very carefully chosen. When she says "You still have a chance", she COULD be meaning "I will give you another chance to love me". Or she COULD be meaning "You still have a chance to not repeat my mistake, since you haven't picked between the two girls yet."

See what I mean? Even in context of her other sentences, there is no clear request to get back together. I don't believe for a minute that's what she was offering Jason, because:
    1. That's pretty a pretty ballsy way to offer love; and
    2. She didn't even care that he told her he was in love with two girls; and
    3. All the footage was cut and spliced. Jason's answer to her "You still have a chance" line was NOT continuous footage... there was an obvious break, meaning he was probably responding to something else we'll never see because Fleiss cut it out to make it appear Deanna is making Jason an offer.

The whole thing was ridiculous.

But I would bet $1000 that Deanna wasn't "offering" to date Jason.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3374166;
    Why would he say NO to an on-camera breakup when he already had 24 on-camera breakups?

There was nothing wrong with the way he ended it with Melissa! The entire season was on-camera. It doesn't make any sense that this one single break-up should be kept private while we all think it is our business to peek in on the other 24 breakups.

This private studio filming was nothing more than a continuation of the season. And Melissa knew they were already broken up. She knew when prepping for the show that they were not going through with the marriage. She is no more the victim than I am when I buy a bag of chips and eat it.

And she's a nutjob anyway, talking in the 3rd person about herself, and thinking a month relationship is something that should be "fought for". Maybe she talked about herself third-person in bed... would explain why Jason said the chemistry faded

But anyway, this is an ENTIRE SEASON of on-camera living. It is fine-and-dandy that an engagement breakup should be on-camera as well. It's not like it was ever a real engagement anyway. There was no wedding chapel reservations, dress-making that had to be called off, entertainers that had to be cancelled, deposits that had to be forfeited, no parading around in showing off an engagement ring, etc.

It was simply a relationship that didn't work out, just like the other 24 on-camera breakups before it. If that doesn't desensitize a person, I don't know what would. Jason is a good, compassionate guy and he just fell victim to his heart and had to follow it. Makes no difference on-camera or off.
    My thoughts excactly. Some out ther act like this is a personal affront to them. It is a show folks! Jason is the same guy he was before, just was in a different place, with different options. The show drew a bigger audience. Was it Fleiss, Jason, the girls, the scenario? Whatever reason, it's over now, and people should be able to go on with their lives in their own world.

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3374992;
    My thoughts excactly. Some out ther act like this is a personal affront to them. It is a show folks! Jason is the same guy he was before, just was in a different place, with different options. The show drew a bigger audience. Was it Fleiss, Jason, the girls, the scenario? Whatever reason, it's over now, and people should be able to go on with their lives in their own world.
    Yes it is a television show but I think that the inference that a lot of viewers, myself included, took away was that Jason cheated. This implication of cheating hit home for the viewers as cheating on your spouse or significant other seems to be common these days and this brought to the surface those emotions and for others it brought out their moral outrage regarding cheating in general.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

From what I've heard, Jason and Mellisa began drifting apart when they were off the show. It was not that big a shock to her, as is being portrayed. So, he realized he had more feeling for Molly. He certainly got to know both of them. Unless we are in such a situation, will probably never know how it is to have these feelings in front of camera, then seeing how we are in the real world without cameras. He and Molly deserve a chance without the judging and mud slinging.

I have had it up to here with the bashing and condemning of Jason. He made an error in judgement, get over it. Now that the pre show hyped drama (promoed forever by ABC) of the ATFR1 is over, Fleiss/ABC have accomplished a ratings increase that was badly needed. They have provoked so much show recognition and promoting in the press and TV, albeit bad condemning press for Jason/Molly, sympathy for Melissa, etc. Whatever kind of press it is, it has garnered recognition - good, bad or indifferent. When you see Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, etc. jumping on the bandwagon to report this "dramatic" story of the Bachelor Jason publicly dumping Melissa, this just keeps the fires burning to publicly punish Jason and surround Melissa with "oh you poor girl" sympathy. I haven't seen any further stories arising now that Melissa has admitted she knew it was over before she went on the ATFR1 and she was not "blindsided" by the break up. Fleiss has played this drama up to get a ratings boost - sort of like hyping up the stars that make very serious errors in the public eye - even bad publicity keeps them known (no need to name names).

When it was discovered early January that Jason and Melissa were going to be kuput as a couple, and that Jason still wanted to see if Molly would re-consider, enter Fleiss to the rescue (his press release about his being more involved with this one backs it up). If I recall from previous Bachelor shows once the bachelor makes his choice he has no contact with any of the women he let go including the F2 reject. Jason has said he was allowed to contact Molly just after the show ended to ensure she was o.k.; there is no way he would have been allowed to do this on his own without his handler's (Fleiss) approval. Fleiss certainly did not want another couple failure on the records. He came up with a great scheme.
    - Allow Jason to have contact with Molly (whether it was just the 1 time or not who knows but that doesn't really matter).
    - When he realizes Jason & Melissa want to break off, convince Jason & Melissa to come on the ATFR and do it there.
    - Plan an earlier taping of the ATFR where Jason "publicly" breaks off with Melissa.
    - Jason will at that time profess his feelings for Molly and ask for another chance (unbeknownst to either Melissa or Molly).
    - The drama can be kept up because only Fleiss & Jason knows he will plead his case to Molly; this will get true reactions from Molly and Melissa.
    - Promo the heck out of the ATFR1 as "first time in bachelor history" "out of respect for the parties involved", etc. - great drama.
    - Schedule an ATFR2 as a follow up. Remember the taping of this kept getting changed.
    - After the airing of the ATFR1, Fleiss continued to ensure promoing of the show through the entertainment/talk show route with the Jason/Melissa split drama. Even bad press at Jason's expense makes for good press for The Bachelor.
    Melissa has she now stated she knew the relationship was over, but was not aware that Jason would profess his feelings for Molly at the ATFR1. ABC certainly played up Jason's agony at letting Molly go; that must have been really difficult for Melissa to see. She had a right to be pi**ed when she was told in front of millions of viewers that the reason their relationship was not working was because of Molly, not because she and Jason just could not make it work - that bit of information was the blindside, not the break up but the reason for it. Jason has admitted and apologized that this was an error on his part in allowing Fleiss to convince him to do the break up (which he and Melissa knew about) and not tell Melissa the true reason why until they were on camera at the ATFR1.

I am not mad at Jason, he is trying to follow his true, gut feelings but because he realized that Melissa and he were not going to work out, he had the 'guts' to ask Molly if she would be willing to give a relationship a try. Fleiss used this situation and contrived it for ratings which were badly needed. Think about it - if Jason and Melissa had split before the ATFR aired with Jason being held to contract and not allowed to contact Molly, viewers would have chalked it up to another Bachelor couple who failed, and a further drop in viewers because these shows rarely work out and a further demise in the surviving of The Bachelor program.

He wasn't following his heart, he was following his wang-- plain and simple.

I don't 'slight' the guy for having a change of heart, but I *DO* slight him for a plethora of other reasons-- none of which I'll go into for fear of redundancy.

Melissa is fine.
    She dodged a bullet and is WAY TOO GOOD for Jason.

People can debate "what ifs" and "might have beens" all day long, but the bottom line is Jason DID NOT have to break up with her in the way that he did.
    He's a total pansy for those tactics-- the complete opposite of what I saw in the past.

Andrew Firestone said it succinctly.....
    All we need is love. Love is all we need!

+ Reply to Thread