+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why mad at Jason and not ABC/Fleiss?

Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar

Re: Why mad at Jason and not ABC/Fleiss?

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;3363357;
    On Jimmy Kimmel one of the outtakes they showed was Melissa calling Jason a liar. This wasn't shown on the ATFR show. I think things got a lot more heated between Jason and Melissa than we were shown. Chris Harrison commented about it getting heated but it really didn't seem to fit.
    I said this earlier too. Also Jason said to Melissa "this isn't like you" and she wasn't doing anything but sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3363324;
    This is what bothers me about Jason. For a guy who is so emotional and cries at the drop of a hat, he is very insensitve when it comes to other people's feelings.
    I think he mainly cries because he's feeling sorry for himself. When he's all teary eyed and all broken up, it's all about him.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I find it very hard to believe that Fleiss asked Jason to choose Melissa even though he wanted to pick Molly. I think more likely is that Jason wanted both. He had to make a decision. TPTB "talked" him into proposing. Jason thought that either one would be a great catch so he essentially flipped a coin and picked Melissa. (Maybe because she seemed to need him more, maybe because she was better with Ty)
    When they got home everything did change. Couple of good reasons. 1) religious, moral differences they had never discussed 2) S E X 3) things in common: Zilch

Meanwhile Molly is emailing/texting/something and telling Jason she still loves him and wants to have a second chance.

Jason's ego is pretty inflated. Jillian, Molly, Melissa all completely fell for him. Melissa wants to make it work but Jason just isn't interested. Yet Molly is the unknown and more than likely also the more sexually advanced.

So Jason tells CH, MF, its not working out with Melissa and I want to see Molly. They say okay the only way is if you let us film all the drama. So the ATFR is set up and the rest is history. Maybe it wasn't in his contract to publicly break up with Melissa, but perhaps it was a trade for another requirement, such as no dating anyone else for "x" amount of months.

Just a theory I was thinking might explain why Jason handled things the way he did. I do think he was an idiot to propose to either one with a kid involved and being that conflicted.

I am sure all parties will heal. Jason will lose Molly because he really doesn't have anything to keep Molly interested in the long run. Molly will end up chatting with Melissa at some point in hte future. Jason will be forever the hated bachelor.

Just a few predictions.

As I said, I will reserve my full comments (and the crow ) until seeing the ATFR2.

However on this question, I believe that the resounding answer, even now, should be that the majority of the responsibility lies on ABC and Fleiss! They come very close to the image of the police state contest organizers in the movie "The Running Man". Even if they took advantage of human weaknesses, I would put 99% of the blame on them!!!

I think the participants also share the responsibility but at this time, I do not know if Melissa and/or Molly knew how this was going to play out and can not assess their fault. Unlike many of you I do not feel that Melissa should be given the benefit of the scorned woman yet (for all we know she was paid to act this out) and Molly seems too self assured to have me believe she was not clued in!

Jason on the other hand did himself no favors with last night's performance - no amount of scripted scenario will help out. Even if Melissa willingly played on and even if he had contractual obligations, he could have handled his situation much much better!

FORT Newbie

While watching after the rose, and the close up they showed of Melissa, I found her to look to much like DeAnna and maybe that is why he backed off. No matter what, I think he made a good decision to follow his heart no matter what.

FORT Newbie

I am disappointed with Jason, Fleiss and ABC.

I drank the koolaid. Yeah I thought Jason was way overly emotional, cheesy and whiny (not my type) but I did believe his heart was in the right place so I trusted him. That all changed last night. I took my rose colored glasses off and saw the real Jason. He talked like he felt bad for Melissa but it just was not genuine. He was trying to save face with the public and defend himself. He kept saying I don't want to live my life with regret. I still love Molly. It was all about him. Six weeks is not giving a relationship a chance. I think he will bail on Molly if she does not see through him first. He has manipulated us, both girls and even Fleiss a little. He played the victim well and we faught to get him to be the Bachelor and he was the worst one yet. I think he wants to be that great guy but he can't sacrific anything to be that. He is sooo desperate to have a wife he puts girls on the cinderella pedistal and when they aren't perfect he quickly moves on and straight to the another. He should never have proposed when had such DEEP feelings for 2 girls. Just date one or both and be sure like Charlie. Charlie was responsible. Jason was so sure about Mel and six weeks later he is so sure about Mol. Molly is an idiot to trust him. Obviously he falls out of love as quickly as he falls in.

I am not a Mel fanatic but I really would rather have NOT seen her or anyone be humilated like that on my TV screen. The FRC is hard to watch but breaking an engagement is just not the drama I want to see. I would have preferred CH just came on and said they are parting ways and then brought Molly out for idiot Jason to beg to, then show us their connection. I liked Molly before but after last night I think both her and Jason are pathetic. I don't really care what happens with those two.

Hope Mel heals quickly and I hope Jillian is the next Bachelorette. She is a HOOT.....

FORT Newbie

i agree with this comment. i don't normally get all worked up over reality tv, especially TB, but i have to say, i am really sickened by the fact that Jason saw it fit to kiss molly so quickly after he broke off an ENGAGEMENT to melissa.

yes, we all make mistakes, & people can change their minds. HOWEVER...

let's not forget what jason really did here!!!!! he took away this once in a lifetime thing for her. why mess with her if he wasn't into her? i repeat, WHY MESS WITH HER IF HE WAS MORE INTO MOLLY THAN MEL? my theory is that he likes molly cause molly doesn't really love him, she gives him the butterflies, whereas melissa is a sure thing. molly is into the competition aspect of this show. melissa was too, but would have been more true to him and ty. i can't wait to see what they have to say for themselves tonight after the final rose. this is sick sick sick.

don't get me wrong. i have always liked jason well enough, and was rooting for his happiness, but i am really mad for melissa. i have never been engaged, and would be LIVID at a guy who did that to me in front of the world. and EVEN IF fleiss/ABC really did make jason do it, what kind of a heartless animal would sign up to do that to another human being? i just don't see jason selling his soul by doing something so sick...

and by the way, that deanna pappas sure has some NERVE showing up and wanting jason still before he goes to propose. af first, i thought it was just a publicity stunt but when i saw her asking him to take her back (PUKE), I JUST about lost my cookies. she came back because she is competitive and catty. SOME WOMEN NEVER LEARN.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3363032;
    Personally, I'm fine with Jason having a change of heart, even if he did propose. He's entitled to his feelings. But I have to say, that ATFR was a total disgrace. Getting 'physical' with Molly the way he did was just so insensitive and uncalled for. Both should be ashamed of themselves.

FORT Newbie

what day is he on Ellen? is it a rumor about melissa being on a different day too?

FORT Newbie

Didn't read all the posts, just felt like i needed to find a forum and say something! For anyone who remembers, I'm a friend of Jeremy's. I did not watch any of this Bachelor show but i have emailed w/ Jason before and thought he was a nice guy. A bit more emotional than your average guy but hey, to each his own... So Jeremy told me 'you have to watch it, Jason is going to take a beating' and boy was he right. I think if someone were to do some psycho-analysis on Jason I think they may have found that he is just a pretty unsure of himself type of guy. I'm glad he got his opportunity to do the show but in the end, what did Jason really get? Will he have Molly? The only way he saves any face here is if he and Molly actually make it. If they do not then this is real bad for him and a waste of the audience's time. But we did all tune in to it...and personally, I found some of it pretty funny. I would have preferred to see the uncut Melissa version, that would have been good tv. But then again, did she know what was coming? I didn't see her wearing her ring from the get go of the interview... Why was that?

IMO Jason, Fleiss, CH, and everyone involved with the show are ALL responsible for trivializing the concepts of commitment and love. It's been like that from the beginning but it's gotten a lot worse lately. I respect the idea of this being a social experiment and entertainment. But IMO as the show's gotten older it's gotten more detached from the realities of modern dating and it's taken itself way too seriously. The producersl needed to relax and not get so caught up in the soap opera mentality of engineering awkwardness, and Jason needed to grow a spine instead of getting caught up in the TV aspect of things.

+ Reply to Thread