+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why mad at Jason and not ABC/Fleiss?

Re: Why mad at Jason and not ABC/Fleiss?

I am not mad at anyone don't know them and don't care about Jason and Molly or CH. I just think that the way he treated her is wrong and that no matter what anyone says he was seeing Molly with Melissa's knowledge (I have heard that from some very credible sources on here) and that is just plain wrong which makes Jason and Molly both cow dung and ABC/MF/CH right up there with them.

I don't think there's any question whatsoever that Jason thought Melissa would be okay, at the point when the scheme to pick her and then dump her was first brought forward to him (at F5, according to RS's latest source). I believe that a little light bulb probably clicked on in his head: "This is kind of like what happened with me and DeAnna; although she didn't pick me, and I was hurt, now I've moved on - and look! Everyone loves me and I'm about to ride off happily into the sunset with my own choice! Melissa will be fine, and then she'll get to be the next Bachelorette, so it's okay. She'll only be hurt for a little while. She'll understand when it's her turn."

The problem I have with him is his decision to continue to do what Fleiss was telling him to - when he could see that Melissa was in it for real while he knew that he was just playing along for appearances; when he was going behind her back with Molly (whether he saw Molly or spoke to her is just semantics, Harrison); when Fleiss wanted him to break up with Melissa on camera even though the contract (as per sdl) doesn't say that was required. And I have a problem with the sheer gall that it took to start making out with Molly on the couch at AFTR practically before Melissa's limo had even hit the first stoplight on her way out of there.

How could he be so STUPID as to not have any idea how any of that would feel to Melissa? How could he be so STUPID as to not realize how any of that would look to anyone watching? How could he be so STUPID as to not consider how his son might see this in the years to come? In my opinion, he's not. I think he could see exactly what was going on, but since he's a coward, he chose to bury his head in the sand and believe Fleiss's lies that it would all be okay in the end. And when it became painfully clear that it was not, in fact, okay, rather than say, "contract or no contract, Fleiss, this ain't hapening," he was a good little soldier and did exactly what he was told. He is the epitome of self-centered. I believe someone in another thread called him a narcissist. Sounds about right to me.

The only teeny tiny bit of percentage of a sliver of pity that I might have had for him comes from the fact that HE'S the one now being hung out to dry by the media, HE'S the one having to do the circuits and answer the questions and be the butt of the jokes, and HE'S the one now realizing that HE'LL be considered to be responsible for this mess. I could almost see the comprehension dawning on his face on Kimmel last night. "Huh, this is not quite how I'd been led to believe it would be." Today, when it's too late to do anything about it, the golden boy is starting to get a little tarnished. And he doesn't like it. Boo-effing-hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3363032;
    Personally, I'm fine with Jason having a change of heart, even if he did propose. He's entitled to his feelings. But I have to say, that ATFR was a total disgrace. Getting 'physical' with Molly the way he did was just so insensitive and uncalled for. Both should be ashamed of themselves.
    To which shows their true colors..when all is said and done this season will go down in flames. And why are people angry at jason you ask? Because he was lame enough to go through with the charad after trotting himself around as someone who cares, is concerned, is honest, is just a guy looking for a girl? ...

My reason for not having a lot of emotion about any of these people is that they agreed to do it, something I cannot even imagine.

If I'm "mad" at anyone, the only person that it makes sense to be "mad" at is me. The producers show it because people watch it, and ultimately the choice to watch it reflects more on me than anyone else.

FORT Newbie

Like I posted in another thread. What Jason did makes me angry. BUT -- I do give him credit for NOT committing to Melissa if he was not really in love with her.

I am furious however with ABC for:
    -- all of the tongue twisting shots,
    -- all of the extremely intimate bathtub/hot-tub shots
    -- even though the AFTR show had no audience, come on it was all for
    ratings. I hope Melissa was compensated REAL well for this.
    Who would do that to another human being.
    -- You can say that there was no contact between Jason/Molly all you
    want. Feelings or no feelings who in their right mind could trust a
    man who just did this unless they were aware of what was going on.

Wonder what sex scenes we have to look foward to next season????
    Look how far ABC took it this season for ratings.
    ABC -- maybe this show should be in a later time slot -- not during prime time viewing.
    The Bachelor is not reality TV anymore!!!

CH looked like he was about to bust up at any moment on the AFTR. I found that tasteless. The whole thing was tasteless..... it should have been done in private and then Jason could have come on and met with Chris, talked about what happened, returned the ring and met Molly.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3363009;
    I'm not mad at anyone - that would mean that I actually care about the people involved. I pay my satellite provider to zap this crap into my living room for the trainwreck that it is.
    Bingo! That says it all. This show, and others like it, are designed, produced, directed, taped and aired for the sole pupose of entertainment. If I get a kick out of it, fine; if not, I'll change the channel. I do hope that in the future (if they have one) TPTB of this show can find a Bachelor that is not constantly crying on cue. Yuk! Jason could use a big dose of "man up".
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Jason had every right to change his mind. However, when they proposed that he dump Melissa on camera instead of privately, he should have had the gumptions to say no. They went after Brad with guns blazing, but he held fast and took it like a man. Jason should have done the same.

FORT Newbie

We sure did not see many "real" tears when Jason broke up on live tv.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3363009;
    I'm not mad at anyone - that would mean that I actually care about the people involved. I pay my satellite provider to zap this crap into my living room for the trainwreck that it is.
    Agreed... I just watch it purely for entertainment. Do I think Molly and Jason will last? Who knows and who really cares. I think that people should be jumping down ABC/the producers backs and not Jason's because WE KNOW that they paid him to go in on this horrible scheme and in this day and time (read: crappy economy), who is going to say no to a nice chunk of change?

+ Reply to Thread