+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Jason on Jimmy Kimmel

FORT Newbie

Re: Jason on Jimmy Kimmel

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3362528;
    ITA with this post...whether it was scripted or not...Melissa said herself in the limo..she can't be mad at Jason for not being in love with her...and that's the bottom line..we can't control people to act and do what we want to see happen...just like Brad's season...i actually do give Jason alot of credit..and yes he has a lot of guts for going through all this...its easy to say Melissa was thrown under the bus..but we really don't know what happened...it was obvious what he felt for Molly after he let her go...and Deanna's visit confirmed for me.. she was telling him not to go for the one in the moment..go for the one you can see being with for the rest of your life..
    New here - enjoying everyone's input! I wanted to say re the above: Well said - and ITA with Karey and the others who are cutting Jason a little slack. I don't think there was any blindsiding, either. Melissa was upset when she walked onto the set - she knew what was coming. She wasn't wearing the ring. Jason started out right away by sayng that they had talked, that she knew things had changed for him. She agreed. I will say that she handled it with class and dignity. I feel immensely sad for her, that she has to go through this, but I do hope that Molly and Jason can be happy, too. Jason and Melissa are not the first couple to break off an engagement and have one party deeply hurt. That happens every day! And I don't think he "dumped her publicly", as some are saying - I think they had ended things beforehand and they were just letting the audience know the story. We can't forget that there are edits and re-cuts, and we, the audience, never really know the whole context.

FORT Newbie

I agree. While I think it is tremendously unfortunate and yes, HARSH, that the breakup took place onscreen...I frankly find the whole conspiracy theory a little ridiculous. And I don't think Jason WANTED to hurt or embarrass Mel. I believe he was contractually obligated to have the break up occur onscreen or at least be 'filmed for air'. I think Jason was afraid to follow his heart (Molly) after his visit from Deanna, so instead he tried to go with his gut which pointed him at Melissa as perhaps more of a sure thing. He clearly had feelings for both girls and it was evident saying goodbye to Molly was horrible for him. So he made the wrong choice, he committed to Melissa, tried to be true to that and realized quickly that Molly was their in his heart. So he did the right thing, ended it with Melissa and tried again with Molly. Let's be honest, if it wasn't on a show, and aired on TV, this sort of thing wouldn't be considered nearly as scandalous.

Quote Originally Posted by newmrs;3364571;
    I agree. While I think it is tremendously unfortunate and yes, HARSH, that the breakup took place onscreen...I frankly find the whole conspiracy theory a little ridiculous. And I don't think Jason WANTED to hurt or embarrass Mel. I believe he was contractually obligated to have the break up occur onscreen or at least be 'filmed for air'. I think Jason was afraid to follow his heart (Molly) after his visit from Deanna, so instead he tried to go with his gut which pointed him at Melissa as perhaps more of a sure thing. He clearly had feelings for both girls and it was evident saying goodbye to Molly was horrible for him. So he made the wrong choice, he committed to Melissa, tried to be true to that and realized quickly that Molly was their in his heart. So he did the right thing, ended it with Melissa and tried again with Molly. Let's be honest, if it wasn't on a show, and aired on TV, this sort of thing wouldn't be considered nearly as scandalous.

So true, this sort of stuff happens in real life all the time. It's the fact that it was filmed that makes it so scandalous. Frankly, I have found the whole outcry to be way overblown. I think Jason did the best he could under ridiculous circumstances. Think how much good we could do in the world if we took all that energy and put it to good...
    As I got older I had to step out of the lines and make up my own mind. --Liz Phair

FORT Fogey

I don't believe he had to do it on tape. He could say no and if he put up a fight Fleiss would eventually back down like he has in the past. Do you really think someone like Brad, Andy or Andrew would have been done this? They wouldn't. Jason isn't the most secure guy in the world and show knows that and played on it. I have NO doubt there was manipulation involved but in the end Jason is accountable for his own actions. I would bet seeing how this has gone down he wouldn't do it the same way again.

CH claims Melissa thought she was going there to talk about wedding plans. That's a far cry from a break up.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3365028;
    I don't believe he had to do it on tape. He could say no and if he put up a fight Fleiss would eventually back down like he has in the past. Do you really think someone like Brad, Andy or Andrew would have been done this? They wouldn't. Jason isn't the most secure guy in the world and show knows that and played on it. I have NO doubt there was manipulation involved but in the end Jason is accountable for his own actions. I would bet seeing how this has gone down he wouldn't do it the same way again.

CH claims Melissa thought she was going there to talk about wedding plans. That's a far cry from a break up.
    That's terrible! I usually read CH's blog on EW.com that he said she knew there were "problems". I don't believe a word CH says. To me, he is just as guilty as Jason (and Molly).

Quote Originally Posted by LynCEA;3364440;
    New here - enjoying everyone's input! I wanted to say re the above: Well said - and ITA with Karey and the others who are cutting Jason a little slack.
    I am also in agreement. While I am not particularly fond of Jason as a man, I am far more disturbed by the torch-wielding villagers than I am by the monster.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456