+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jason on Jimmy Kimmel

Reality TV doesn't exist theRealist's Avatar

Re: Jason on Jimmy Kimmel

I see that Jason is playing the self-righteous role on these talk shows. Did anyone else see that creepy face he had on when JK questioned him about what he did to Melissa? I said this before, Jason has two sides to him. A couple of times he looked down right freaky, just like on the Bonnie Hunt interview back in Jan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3362407;
    Kimmel was hysterical. Lilly from LOST got in some really nice digs as well. My fave was when Kimmel asked if Jason was going to trade Ty in for a blond child. LMAO

Jason came across very defensive. I don't think he expected people to be all that upset. It's like he's taken aback by the reaction. Did he really think people would be cool with what he did? An no matter how many times you say you are just living your life that doesn't make it okay for you to humiliate someone. Grow a spine and break up in public like a man. And for God's sake don't flaunt your new girlfriend two minutes later. I bet Fleiss laughs at him for agreeing to all of this.

Jason will have a rough time on the press tour because he cares what other people think. The ATR2 may help or may make it even worse. He's going to have to suck it up for a few weeks and then hopefully he fades into oblivion.

I'm going to disagree with you and say that like many Narcissists he doesn't care what people think.

He cares about getting caught lying.

That's what's making him so uncomfortable.

Just my IMO of course.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3362500;
    I thought Jason did quite well on Jimmy Kimmel....the whole Uncle Frank thing was a scream. It was obvious to me by Mel's whole reaction at the ATFR, that this was a woman who knew what was going to happen...there was no blindside at all, no big conspiracy. It is unfortunate that Mel's camp got to RS with all these untruths and he bought it hook, line and stinker, and put his fabrications out there and the masses are gobbling this up. And Jason certainly addressed the whole dumping her on camera thing. It is obvious to me this was a confused man who fell out of lust/love with Mel, (I always felt like once they had to be apart, and communicate by phone or email and couldn't kiss, that they probably didn't have a whole lot to say to each other)...and he didn't want to lead her on for a single second more when he was feeling love/lust for Molly. I wouldn't want less for Mel...she deserves a guy who is not in love with another woman. Jay explained the engagement and proposal, and it is obvious to me if he could do things over he would not have proposed to Mel at all, and he is taking it slow with Molly...wise on both their parts. Jason spoke highly of Mel...very highly, rightfully so. Anyway I thought Jay did well...and Jimmy was a hoot, and I thought it was a well done interview..by both. Thanks
    Karey

I disagree.

Jason looked like what my Grandmom used to call "a cad."

Sitting there laughing with another guy about dumping women?

This guy hasn't got a single empathetic bone in his body.

Ever the Narcissist--that's "our" Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3362500;
    I thought Jason did quite well on Jimmy Kimmel....the whole Uncle Frank thing was a scream. It was obvious to me by Mel's whole reaction at the ATFR, that this was a woman who knew what was going to happen...there was no blindside at all, no big conspiracy. It is unfortunate that Mel's camp got to RS with all these untruths and he bought it hook, line and stinker, and put his fabrications out there and the masses are gobbling this up. And Jason certainly addressed the whole dumping her on camera thing. It is obvious to me this was a confused man who fell out of lust/love with Mel, (I always felt like once they had to be apart, and communicate by phone or email and couldn't kiss, that they probably didn't have a whole lot to say to each other)...and he didn't want to lead her on for a single second more when he was feeling love/lust for Molly. I wouldn't want less for Mel...she deserves a guy who is not in love with another woman. Jay explained the engagement and proposal, and it is obvious to me if he could do things over he would not have proposed to Mel at all, and he is taking it slow with Molly...wise on both their parts. Jason spoke highly of Mel...very highly, rightfully so. Anyway I thought Jay did well...and Jimmy was a hoot, and I thought it was a well done interview..by both. Thanks
    Karey
    ITA agree Karey!! I think Jason did have a lot of guts to do what he did. I'm sure he knew that he would have a hard time convincing people (i.e.Jimmy kimmel) that he had to break it off and pursue things with Molly. I'm not excusing his actions, because I am dissapointed at what he's done to Melissa, but sometimes, you do need to follow your head/heart...no matter what scrutiny you come under. Melissa is better off without him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by theRealist;3362574;
    I see that Jason is playing the self-righteous role on these talk shows. Did anyone else see that creepy face he had on when JK questioned him about what he did to Melissa? I said this before, Jason has two sides to him. A couple of times he looked down right freaky, just like on the Bonnie Hunt interview back in Jan.
    Realist......when you called Jason self-righteous it reminded me of the following info from the DSMIV. Hmmmmmm interesting.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    SYMPTOMS
    A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    (2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    (3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    (4) requires excessive admiration
    (5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    (6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    (7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    (8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
    (9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Criteria summarized from:
    American Psychiatric Association. (1994). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, fourth edition. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3362602;
    I'm going to disagree with you and say that like many Narcissists he doesn't care what people think.

He cares about getting caught lying.

That's what's making him so uncomfortable.

Just my IMO of course.
    You could very well be right. He cared about being called out and looking like a liar and that's what made him uncomfortable. He should be prepared for more of it on his press tour because this break in public didn't go over well. I wonder if he thinks that people loved him so much everyone would just accept it and think he was still Mr. Nice Guy. That ship has now sailed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by theRealist;3362574;

He's very defensive. Kimmel was hysterical. Jason can also be very warm or ice cold. He doesn't seem to have a midway point between the two. Jason will have to live with his decisions. Hopefully looking back now he sees how stupid he was to do break on tv and how the show took advantage of lack of a spine.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jotiff1;3363360;
    Realist......when you called Jason self-righteous it reminded me of the following info from the DSMIV. Hmmmmmm interesting.

SYMPTOMS
    A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    (2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    (3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    (5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    (6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    (7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    (8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

American Psychiatric Association. (1994). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, fourth edition. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association.
    hmm...check, check, check, check.........

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3362679;
    ITA agree Karey!! I think Jason did have a lot of guts to do what he did. I'm sure he knew that he would have a hard time convincing people (i.e.Jimmy kimmel) that he had to break it off and pursue things with Molly. I'm not excusing his actions, because I am dissapointed at what he's done to Melissa, but sometimes, you do need to follow your head/heart...no matter what scrutiny you come under. Melissa is better off without him anyway.

The problem is that Jason's head and heart have been all over the place. It changes frequently. Deanna, Jillian, Melissa, Molly, Melissa, Molly.

I wouldn't be surprised if he (tearfully) ditches Molly for Deanna.

If these women have brains, they should RUN and never look back. Jason is an emotional mess.

Getting back to Jimmy Kimmel, I think Jimmy was too easy on him. But when Jason had the gall to say he and Melissa will always be friends, Jimmy couldn't resist. "Oh, no, you won't." (Friends? What a tired cliche. Why bother? Forget that. )
    Last edited by tango7; 03-03-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jotiff1;3363360;

SYMPTOMS

WOW! I think I might be one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast