+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jason on Jimmy Kimmel

FORT Fogey

Re: Jason on Jimmy Kimmel

Yes but Jimmy is paid to go for the most bang for what is relevant right now. Jason being a jerk seems to be the mantra right now for a lot of people so he played right into that. I think Jimmy really couldn't care less one way or the other. I feel like this is Brad/Jennifer/Angelina all over again, and like Jennifer Anniston I think Melissa gets a favorable image when it is not one hundred percent deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3362500;
    I thought Jason did quite well on Jimmy Kimmel....the whole Uncle Frank thing was a scream. It was obvious to me by Mel's whole reaction at the ATFR, that this was a woman who knew what was going to happen...there was no blindside at all, no big conspiracy. It is unfortunate that Mel's camp got to RS with all these untruths and he bought it hook, line and stinker, and put his fabrications out there and the masses are gobbling this up. And Jason certainly addressed the whole dumping her on camera thing. It is obvious to me this was a confused man who fell out of lust/love with Mel, (I always felt like once they had to be apart, and communicate by phone or email and couldn't kiss, that they probably didn't have a whole lot to say to each other)...and he didn't want to lead her on for a single second more when he was feeling love/lust for Molly. I wouldn't want less for Mel...she deserves a guy who is not in love with another woman. Jay explained the engagement and proposal, and it is obvious to me if he could do things over he would not have proposed to Mel at all, and he is taking it slow with Molly...wise on both their parts. Jason spoke highly of Mel...very highly, rightfully so. Anyway I thought Jay did well...and Jimmy was a hoot, and I thought it was a well done interview..by both. Thanks
    Karey
    I coudln't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3362522;
    Have you ever been to Disney World? Well to me the proposal at the end is like that. It is like you are in an alternate universe of happy. All the day to day mundane stuff is gone, and you are on a high. Jason realistically could never afford the suites he stayed in or the dates he had with the women. He than had a beautiful cheerleader wanting him. She fit into the fantasy feeling this show provides. When he got snapped back to reality of bills, laudry, etc she did not look so great anymore. I think it did take some guts on his part to go for what he feels he needs in his life. Is it bad for Melissa, sure but she signed up for this, and I think she is playing and will play the pity me card for a long time. I think if she realistically looked at the situation she would see that they are not a good match, and never were. I think both her and Jason got caught up in the euphoric feeling the show provides them while they are on it. I just wish people could be a little kinder to Jason. He seemed like a nice guy to all of us, and a break-up should not change all the feelings we thought we saw from him. Who has not broken up with someone at some point? I will go on record to say that I think he and Molly will come out the winners when all is said and done.
    Since no one in the televised history of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette had ever been dumped on the ATFR show after becoming engaged on the finale, then no I don't think Melissa knew this was a possibility when she signed on for the show.

Going forward, yes, all the participants will now know this could happen to them. But Melissa? She didn't expect this to happen. But fleiss wanted his shocker, never-happened-before F2 becomes F1 ending and he got it courtesy of jason and molly.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3362532;
    Yes but Jimmy is paid to go for the most bang for what is relevant right now. Jason being a jerk seems to be the mantra right now for a lot of people so he played right into that. I think Jimmy really couldn't care less one way or the other. I feel like this is Brad/Jennifer/Angelina all over again, and like Jennifer Anniston I think Melissa gets a favorable image when it is not one hundred percent deserved.
    How is it not deserved? I'm interested in hearing any info that you may have.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3362532;
    Melissa is the victim because Jason led her on. Let me be clear Melissa at the time of the proposal is not a mind reader and as such had no way of knowing just how Jason felt about Molly.

It was jerkish of Jason to propose to Melissa and six weeks later dump her for Molly. And so publically dump her.

As for Brad/Angelina/Jennifer. Let me make this clear Angelina has a history of breaking up relationships. Billy Bob Thorton was in a relationship when he met Angelina and married her.. Now was Jennifer/Brad's marriage perfect. I'm sure not. Was Jennifer part of the problems of her marriage. Sure. But did Jennifer honor her committment to her marriage and leave Brad for another man? NO.

Engagement is different I'll give Jason that. But in Brad's case leaving your wife for another woman is wrong period.

FORT Fogey

Gut feeling. Like I said before I get good gut feelings. I did not like Deanna from the beginning, and was one of the few that thought Brad got it right. Now I think a lot of people will agree with me that he did right. I am not saying she is a bad person because I do not know for sure, but I have red flags all over the place especially after the HTD with her friends. I think she was recruited to be on this show. I think she wants to make a go of fame and television, and I think she found her calling card with the victim role in this. It is obvious that RS was tipped off somehow. It was a closed set. I think that someone from Melissa's life is one to fill him in. It just is summed up too easily by RS Jason jerk Melissa victim. Does he know them personally? Was he there? When someone is so for one side over the other that side is usually the one talking to them. I just get no feelings of bad from Jason. I think he genuinely seems like a nice guy who got into a position he did not expect to be in. I think he wanted a wife, and the show turned out to be more than that. I think he looks mad for having to finish this mess. I think he knows they will twist it around to him being the bad one, and everyone will buy it. I hope that he and Molly are happy, and stay happy. I also hope that Melissa finds happiness, but I feel she has a lot of growing up to do first. To me calling him names on public tv when she clearly already knew the scoop showed how immature she is.

FORT Fogey

Oh come on Melissa knew. He had overnight dates with two other women the same week as you. He is dating, kissing, etc women. The truly surprising thing in all this is that he could find true feelings for anyone. This is not real life no matter what they call it. It is not reality. Noone goes on six hugely exaggerated dates and realistically falls in love. The love part comes after the hoopla. For Trista and Ryan it worked for Melissa and Jason it did not. Even Charlie and his choice had bumps and are dealing with them step by step. I hope he and Molly find love in the real world and make a go of it. I don't want this to be about the break-up because I want a happy ending for Jason as that is what I love to see. I love to see people fall in love and be happy. Melissa and Jason did not work period. It is obvious that she knew it before the ATFR show, but did not want it to be real or whatever. I mean what do people want Brad chose noone and passed on the fake love thing and was crucified, Jason gave us the fake happy ending, realized it was fake and was crucified, Bob gave us the sort of fake happy ending, moved on and was crucified. What exactly do fans want? I want a happy ending, and I am hoping that he and Molly become happy like Trista and Ryan.

I totally disagree I have had bad feelings about Jason from day one (agree to disagree)
    Jason applied to be on bachelor before he even was legally divorced. He did not seem upset when Deanna dumped him. I really think the down on one knee was a set up and that he was told to bring it up to D afteward to make people feel like he was so hurt. I think Jason might have been in on being f2 on D's season. He was promised his own show.

I hate the way they portrayed him as a single dad with no mom in the picture, which they later had to correct on his show. He had to go along with that. He should not have proposed, obviously he was "in love" as best he could be with both. Maybe they did force him to propose, but I don't think they can do that.

But Jason is a pleaser and wants to please. Can't wait to see him on Ellen.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3362545;
    Gut feeling. Like I said before I get good gut feelings. I did not like Deanna from the beginning, and was one of the few that thought Brad got it right. Now I think a lot of people will agree with me that he did right. I am not saying she is a bad person because I do not know for sure, but I have red flags all over the place especially after the HTD with her friends. I think she was recruited to be on this show. I think she wants to make a go of fame and television, and I think she found her calling card with the victim role in this. It is obvious that RS was tipped off somehow. It was a closed set. I think that someone from Melissa's life is one to fill him in. It just is summed up too easily by RS Jason jerk Melissa victim. Does he know them personally? Was he there? When someone is so for one side over the other that side is usually the one talking to them. I just get no feelings of bad from Jason. I think he genuinely seems like a nice guy who got into a position he did not expect to be in. I think he wanted a wife, and the show turned out to be more than that. I think he looks mad for having to finish this mess. I think he knows they will twist it around to him being the bad one, and everyone will buy it. I hope that he and Molly are happy, and stay happy. I also hope that Melissa finds happiness, but I feel she has a lot of growing up to do first. To me calling him names on public tv when she clearly already knew the scoop showed how immature she is.
    Interesting. I agree with you deanna and Brad. However, my gut tells me molly is very similiar to deanna. And I get a ton of bad feelings from jason's behavior, such as supposedly falling in love with so many women in so little time, bringing his son into a fantasy reality show (not once but twice), lying to his F1 show fiancee, and being very comfortable spinning tales during his TV appearances (like Kimmel). The man (and I use the term very loosely) has no shame. To me, nice guys don't dump their fiancee's on TV.

When was it established that Melissa clearly already knew the scoop? Realizing the relationship was having rough spots isn't the same as expecting the be dumped. What would your reaction be in that situation. I know mine sure wouldn't be: "Oh, that's okay. I'm so happy you're telling me this here and now and I'm just ecstatic it's going to be shown on national TV and I'll be humilitated. But you and molly just go ahead and have a nice life. Why, I'll even throw you a wedding show. It was just meant to be". NOT! I think ratbastard is probably a better name for him.

And, I really don't think Melissa was RS's first source, if she was ever a source. I think a production staffer was sickened by what happened and spilled to RS. And thank goodness s/he did.

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3362500;
    I thought Jason did quite well on Jimmy Kimmel....the whole Uncle Frank thing was a scream. It was obvious to me by Mel's whole reaction at the ATFR, that this was a woman who knew what was going to happen...there was no blindside at all, no big conspiracy. It is unfortunate that Mel's camp got to RS with all these untruths and he bought it hook, line and stinker, and put his fabrications out there and the masses are gobbling this up. And Jason certainly addressed the whole dumping her on camera thing. It is obvious to me this was a confused man who fell out of lust/love with Mel, (I always felt like once they had to be apart, and communicate by phone or email and couldn't kiss, that they probably didn't have a whole lot to say to each other)...and he didn't want to lead her on for a single second more when he was feeling love/lust for Molly. I wouldn't want less for Mel...she deserves a guy who is not in love with another woman. Jay explained the engagement and proposal, and it is obvious to me if he could do things over he would not have proposed to Mel at all, and he is taking it slow with Molly...wise on both their parts. Jason spoke highly of Mel...very highly, rightfully so. Anyway I thought Jay did well...and Jimmy was a hoot, and I thought it was a well done interview..by both. Thanks
    Karey
    I agree with you - I think the Kimmel interview went well, and I thought that outside of the usual Kimmel snarkiness, Jimmy was giving him a chance to explain himself and even asked questions to help him along.

I totally believe the part where he was required to do this on camera, it was all very stilted and I'm sure Jason and Melissa was fed the lines to say as she even said in the limo something about not being able to hate him for what happened. I think Fliess made a bigger deal out of what actually happened and if Jason and the girls were allowed to let it happen in private, it would have been better for all concerned.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast