+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 3/2 ** West Coast Spoilers***

Re: Show Discussion 3/2 ** West Coast Spoilers***

My question probably has been addressed before but I have not come across it. Do they get paid to be on this show? Is that why they are obligated to go along with whatever Fleiss dictates?

Also, what was the purpose of Deanna's visit? It just seems to be thrown in there with no real conversation between her and Jason. I think they just used that clip to keep us watching all season. Rumor has it she has been dating someone else for awhile. They sure all move on quickly.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

After having just read the interview with Trista on her thoughts on last night's show, not that it matters, but I am curious as to what DeAnna's thoughts are on the finale...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deanna had a chat last night and basically towed the company line. She said Jason is still a great guy, there are two sides to every story, she feels bad for Melissa but everything happens for a reason, yada yada. However she did make it a point to say that she only went on the show to give him advice not to win him back.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by Flo Jo;3363802;
    Also, what was the purpose of Deanna's visit? It just seems to be thrown in there with no real conversation between her and Jason. I think they just used that clip to keep us watching all season. Rumor has it she has been dating someone else for awhile. They sure all move on quickly.
    If you ask me, they kept showing previews of Deanna showing up then Jason crying just to get the viewers going, interested, questioning what was happening. She knew Jason wasn't going to take her back, she didn't even seem to care, it's all an act, on both their parts.

Do Trista and Ryan Sutter, Deanna get paid every time they make an appearance on this show? That is what I'd like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3364071;
    If you ask me, they kept showing previews of Deanna showing up then Jason crying just to get the viewers going, interested, questioning what was happening. She knew Jason wasn't going to take her back, she didn't even seem to care, it's all an act, on both their parts.
    I agree. She was even "lukewarm" in asking him to take her back. Didn't even give him good reasons why he should, etc. She gave up rather easily. This was purely done for ratings to keep the viewers hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheThird;3361511;
    But he's a 4 year old. You meant 4 year old, right?
    You're right, he's 4, but I wasn't sure if he was 3 or 4 at the time of the taping. I'm confused.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When his dad introduced him to one of the 2 women, Ty said he was 3 and, with dad's urging, added "almost 4".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Every one fails to make it in real life after this show. Except Trista and Ryan...and now, maybe, charlie and Sarah. They nearly all broke up and nearly all have had to deal with it publicly. I don't believe any of it was a set up. I don't believe Melissa didn't know.

As Chris said this morning...this ending is disastrous for ABC. Why would they WANT this? And considering all the time they've had to re-edit things to make it so any of this could be taken easier since the public is so up in arms, I'm surprised that they ended up showing it how it they did. No one was spared anything last night. And they could have sliced and diced until it appeared a little better. Hell, they could have paid the parties involved to have a do-over....that's been a common theory through the years. They didn't...considering all they could have done to make this better/easier that they didn't do, means to me that what we saw was at least mostly accurate.

The biggest difference between this season and past seasons is that Jason didn't want to wait until the normal time to have the AFTR official "we're not gonna make it, so we're going our separate ways deal" once the ATFR was over. He decided to end it swiftly...which is why ABC moved up the taping. Why end it so swiftly? BECAUSE he didn't just want to end it and go on with his life...he wanted to take up with Molly. The girl he regrets dumping...also in public. Molly didn't have a heads up...she knew the chances of her being 1) chosen was 50-50 at best and that 2) even if she was chosen, she'd probably still be dumped. That's what happens on this show.

Melissa was not blindsided. Maybe she hoped he'd put up a bigger fight, but she knew there was trouble in paradise and that she was probably being broken up with. How could she not? Everyone else broke up...why NOT her? I certainly don't agree with the way it was portrayed, but I don't think she was so naive and love struck that she never had a clue this was coming. The show has a history...and the contract is what it is....EVERYTHING is in public. It just so happens that every other couple agreed to get their story straight before they made it official. They didn't want to air their dirty laundry...turn it into a he-said, she-said. She wasn't on board with that...making an ugly, but normal by TB standards, mess even uglier. She chose to play the indignant victim instead of doing what all the other bachelor ATFR dumpees have done. Tow the company line and say "we just weren't right for each other."

After all, weren't they all victims? Victims of fame, money, lights, lust...dreams of what could be? Only to be planted back in real life with no way to explain exactly what just happened.

I think Melissa should hold her head high, regardless, but I think she could have made things a lot more simple by facing the fact that this one failed just like the others. Same song, second verse. Ah well...let's make it public and move on. Instead she played the role of the woman scorned and it made for a stellar dramatic ATFR. Was that her point? Doubt it.

What was her point? Why not handle it the way everyone else has? I think she couldn't stand the thought that he was going back to Molly. That was probably what hurt the worst. She thought she was first choice....and even if he was going to break up with her (LIKE IT ALWAYS HAPPENS) at least she was his first choice. But to face and hold on to the fact that he THOUGHT she was his first choice, but no...Molly was his first choice...well that just hurt more than anything.

I don't think she went on with the intentional goal of making him look like a pig. But neither do I think he went on intentionally to hurt her. These are real feelings in a false world. I can see how perspective gets skewed and things don't go the way everyone wants.

It did take guts for Jason to come on saying what he did....though he wasn't eloquent at it, that's for certain. Was it gutsy to break up with her? No...but I don't think he's anymore of coward than the other bachelors who have done the same thing, but waited until the spotlight died down and people weren't paying close attention. He didn't chose to try to cover it up...to fake it for months on end...to give everyone what they wanted. He got back to real life and realized what he'd done was make the same mistake everyone else made...fell in what he thought was love only to realize it was lust/infatuation whatever.

It does take guts to rock the boat...to go after what you wanted in the first place but weren't able to see straight to chose. He didn't tow the company line either...he chose to break up early to see if he could make it with Molly.

To me...Jason AND Melissa showed us that you can go against ABC and do what you feel is the right thing to do, at least to a point. They both went about it in maybe not the best ways. But was there a better way for him to break up with her? Would it have been better for him to wait? Knowing all the while he's just waiting until the lights are off so that he can call Molly? There was no GOOD way for him to go from Melissa to Molly. No good way. Especially knowing there's a chance he'd miss the boat with Molly and some other guy would steal her heart away. How fast did some of our other F2s find love after being dumped on TV?

And Melissa didn't tow the company line by giving in and agreeing to irreconcilable differences and calling it even. She expected more...good for her, she should have. Why she thought she'd get more answers on camera than she got off, I can't explain. But sometimes, human behavior is unexplainable and irrational.

They've both demonstrated that people are people...we try to do the right thing and no matter what, sometimes, it can just all go to hell in a handbasket. And man to be under the microscope and STILL do what they did...knowing how they'd be perceived by the public took real guts.

Sorry for the long post...I don't post often, prefer to read...but when I do, it's usually a book! I know I'll catch flack for this...but whatever. We all see things differently and I felt the need to add my opinion to the pot. For whatever it's worth.

I feel bad for everyone...they're all having some very cruel things being said about them.

FORT Newbie

Hi, I'm new, but I've read these boards from time to time and watched The Bachelor all season.

One thing that really bothered me about last night was how Jason kept saying they spent time together and with each others families "over the holidays" and things "were different". I'd expect most grown people, experienced in relationships, to realize the holidays are a stressful time, especially if you are introducing a fairly new relationship (and fiance!) to one or both families. Of course in that situation things are going to be "different"...

+ Reply to Thread