+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 3/2 ** West Coast Spoilers***

Re: Show Discussion 3/2 ** West Coast Spoilers***

Quick question... what happened to all of the posts? When I stopped last night it was up to 140 pages, now it's down to 27. I feel like I woke up in the Twilight Zone

Nevermind... I see where they got moved to.
    Last edited by mesachick; 03-03-2009 at 01:14 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by peachroses;3363050;
    Am I the only one that believes this entire Bach. season was a complete joke... and completely fake.

.... He liked the attention of all the pretty women and for whatever reason, put himself out there to make an a$$ out of himself.....
    Well, of COURSE.

I guess there have been a few instances where people actually met someone they would be seriously interested in, but in all cases they apparently took the relationship back to a more normal level once the show was over.

I'm not a regular viewer of these "find love" shows--with the exception of Cupid, which I found entertaining. (And the two people in that actually seemed suited to each other. I don't know if they are still together, but they may have actually had a chance.)

I don't know this guy's back story. Who is this Deanna? The way they were mooning about his being a "single dad," I figured he was a widower, not divorced. Frankly, I can't believe that the mother of his child allowed him to use her son to make $$ on TV in this disgusting manner.

I despised Molly from the moment that she intruded on his time with another girl, and him for letting her do it. The only people who seem to have maintained their self-respect in this debacle are Melissa's family.

And one last word: WHO is responsible for the bad hair disasters on Molly and Melissa in the final episodes? SOmeone who is single-handedly keeping the hairspray manufacturers of the US in business??

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Deanna and Jason, both, seem to suffer from relationship A.D.D., and would do well to remain single. This sure makes me wonder, more than ever, what happened with Jason's marriage.

You guys really should have watched Kimmel's show last night. Jason said that he was contractually obligated to play out the relationship in front of the cameras, which is why it was done the way that it was, even though she knew what was coming; that obviously didn't take the sting of pain and embarrassment out of the moment, though.

I still think that anyone who would put themselves in a "marriage" with this man would be a fool, and I don't think that dealing with Ty is going to be the Leave It To Beaver experience that they think it will be. He needs to just focus on raising his son, and giving him his full attention until he is fairly grown. The women will be there when times are better and Ty is more mature. That whole deal is misery looking for a place to roost.

Run, Women, Run!!!! You will NEVER come first with a man like this! You deserve better!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Can I just say something here about Reality Steve? I think the guy is pathetic. He's getting his rocks off on this SO much. Sure he says he is all "disgusted" and "horrified", but he's eating this up just like ABC is. Drama that calls attention to himself = making him happy.

That said, obviously his "source" was correct. The outcome leaked. BUT!! I really have a hard time believing that Fleiss & Co. orchestrated this whole thing. I really just don't believe it. I believe that he really did have a change of heart. The only part I don't quite believe is that him & Molly hadn't talked. Sure, maybe they didn't SEE each other after the final rose, but I think they talked.

And until I saw Jason on Jimmy Kimmel last night I was thinking he was a slimeball for breaking up with Melissa on TV. But now I'm realizing I think he was OBLIGATED TO by ABC. I think they really were already broken up for the most part, and he just had to finalize the end of their relationship on camera. Contractually. It was obvious when Melissa came on stage on ATFR that things were bad between them. She didn't seem surprised... just hurt that he wasn't going to give them more time to try.

And Molly... I DO think she was surprised. I think her speechless reaction was honest. She just isn't a good enough actress to pull off "speechless happy shocked" as believable as she did last night. I think it was genuine.

So.... I don't think Jason is slime. I mean, he may not be the most decisive guy, and he definitely messed up, but I think he's being honest & true to his heart. He must have been pretty darn sure about his feelings for Molly to put himself our there like he has to have a chance with her.

ABC is slimeballs from the get-go. But not because they orchestrated this (I don't think they did), but because the whole premise of The Bachelor is to air peoples heartbreak. The contestants who sign up do commit to having their emotional "journey" air on TV. So yeah, Melissa got the short end of the stick, but so did all the other dumpees who had TV cameras in their faces as they cried. I think she's awesome and a total trooper... but I don't think Jason is the creep he's being made out to be on the forums & in the press. I actually kind of gotta hand it to him for putting himself out there.

FORT Newbie

OK, folks, here's a suggestion:

If you're really annoyed at the way Melissa was treated on national television, then fire up your word processor and send a letter to the following people. Letters will have far more impact than ranting and raving on an internet message board. Send your letters to:

Robert A Iger,
    President & CEO
    The Walt Disney Corporation
    500 S Buena Vista St
    Burbank CA 91521-1000

John E Pepper, Jr
    Chairman of the Board
    The Walt Disney Corporation
    500 S Buena Vista St
    Burbank CA 91521-1000

Anne Sweeney, Co-Chair
    Disney Media Networks
    500 S Buena Vista St
    Burbank CA 91521-1000

Michael Fleiss
    Next Entertainment
    10200 Riverside Dr STE 200
    Toluca Lake CA 91602-2539

Melissa Rycroft
    c/o Next Entertainment
    10200 Riverside Dr STE 200
    Toluca Lake CA 91602-2539

Make sure that you write in a very professional manner - we're talking business correspondence here - so that your message comes across clearly that you vehemently object to the type of treatment of a fellow human being strictly for Nielsen ratings. And don't forget to use your spell checker!!

FWIW & HTH. . .

My only objection to the predictable break-up with Melissa was that it was done on national TV (with or without a studio audience). However, since she obviously knew about it and could prepare in advance her response, I thought it was a great chance for her to get some of her own back. Sometimes revenge is a dish best served in front of a camera. Calling him a "bastard" under her breath was a very nice touch and I liked the way she handed him the ring although it would have been funnier, if she had handed it to Chris instead and said "Please see to it that the producers get their ring back." All in all she came off better than anyone there.

The reason behind the break-up is in question for me. I don't doubt that he had trouble forgetting Molly after the intense courtship process they went through, but eventually he would have let it go, if he had wanted to. Melissa alluded to the fact that she wasn't satisfied that he had been honest about his reason. She felt she must have done something that he objected strongly to, but wasn't man enough to confront. This seems to be the most likely and Ty the catalyst. Maybe she pointed out how spoiled and overindulged he is and that they needed to nip that in the bud, before he was beyond repair.

I interpreted Molly's looks to Chris to mean "Am I being punked?" Granted her comments to Chris before Jason came out weren't those of your typical jilted female. While he was walking her to the limo she said that Molly is not the girl for him and one day she will wake up and realize that this isn't the life she wanted and Jason would be hurt again. At the ATFR show she said that Melissa was a wonderful girl who would love him forever. hmmm Was the first comment that of a poor loser and the second that of a good winner?

It was better for Melissa to get out of the relationship, before she moved to Seattle. She would have felt much worse, if he had hooked up with Molly AFTER they were married. I wonder if he had been leaning toward Molly and Deanna made him question whether it was just physical so he went with Melissa.

Brad's form of honesty is looking better to me every season that followed. Part of me wants to say that I'll never get sucked into the Bach again, but... I do enjoy "meeting" people like Jillian and parts of every season have been very funny. I'm too much of a realist to expect a happily ever after for these couples, but enough of a romantic to hope for one. I hope that never changes.
    Last edited by dberk; 03-03-2009 at 02:33 PM.

FORT Fan

My thought on this entire season is if he felt so strong about both - contract or not - grow a backbone and say you want to date both afterwards. The feelings for both are just too strong to pick one girl. I think this is what most of the participants of this season think as well.

Totally agree. And another thing is, instead of going along with the contrived fantasy of ending the final rose ceremony with an engagement to appease the show's producers, just be man enough to pick one woman or the other and tell her that before any type of engagement, you'd like to date her in the real world, no tv cameras, no pretense, just honest-to-goodness dating to see if the two of you can really build something meaningful and if something meaningful develops then the ring, wedding etc. I think one of the other Bachelors from a previous season did that but I can't remember who it was.

Charlie did both of these things. Delayed final rose until he could get to know both girls outside of the "game", and then didn't propose to Sarah but offered a relationship. At the beginning on his season I almost didn't watch because I thought he was going to be a creep. He ended up being my favorite Bachelor.

I haven't watched Bachelor since Lt. Andy's season, and poked my head in to see what everyone had to say about the final episode. I'm glad I stopped watching.

Who is John Galt?

I am so glad I didn't watch this train wreck. I had a feeling it would turn out pretty dismal. Guess I was right!

FORT Regular

So many of you are interpreting what you saw make the cut last night as if it was real. Don't.

You have to know the ATFR segment on the closed set was completely orchestrated by the producers. Jason, Melissa, and Molly were simply contractually required to do the show. Given that there's no way any of those three could come up with a "believeable" script, it fell on the producers. Unfortunately, the producers did a terrible job of writing and Jason, Melissa, and Molly did about the level of acting that you'd see in a high school play.

Since late November, Sabra Gertsch of our local ABC affiliate had been airing interviews with Jason. Each and every time he made it clear that he had found his future wife and was incredibly happy. I completely believe that he's seen and talked to Molly on a regular basis very shortly after returning from New Zealand. What we saw last night was completely fabricated to meet contractual obligations and try to stage something "dramatic" for the viewers.

KOMO News - News - Video - 'Bachelor': 'I have found the one'

Trista Sutter weighs in on last night's show and what happened...

How do you feel about Jason right now?

Trista: How could you go from being engaged to someone to kissing someone else on the couch?! He doesn't deserve to walk away scot-free. I mean, what disappointed me as a mom is that he introduced both girls to Ty (Jason's son). Melissa was around, and now she's gone. What is Ty going to think?

What's your message for Melissa?

Trista:
    I've spoken with Melissa. How could anyone do this?! I texted her last night and said, "I'm proud of the way you handled it." She deserves so much better! Melissa hasn't been able to say anything about this until now, so I think she's relieved. I am happy she can finally move on. As far as I'm concerned, this is a blessing in disguise. Now she can find someone who truly loves her.

What are your thoughts on Molly?

Trista:
    How can you trust him? I wouldn't trust what he is saying to me. He is obviously fickle. He didn't want to fight for the relationship between he and Melissa. He gave up. If you have such strong feelings for someone, at least give it a chance before making such a big decision.

Some blogs are reporting this was set up by producers. Do you think last night was rigged?

Trista:
    I don't know what Jason's contract says, but I don't believe the producers could have manipulated the ending to this extent. I think Jason definitely had a choice in how he broke off the engagement -- either publicly or in private. Ryan and I don't think the producers could force him into something like that.

Have you ever seen a "Bachelor" cry so much?

Trista:
    I do feel for him. For me, I did not cry when I had to break it off with Charlie, because I was so excited for Ryan to come. I did not fall in love with two people, so I cannot speak to that. If that's the case, I'm sure it was difficult. But why put a ring on someone's finger if you're that torn? He took that away from Melissa. She only wanted to get engaged ONE time. He took that from her.

Do you think Melissa should be the next "Bachelorette"?

Trista:
    I can't comment on that, but I think America would embrace her. After all she's been through.
    Link

+ Reply to Thread