+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 3/2 ** West Coast Spoilers***

Re: Show Discussion 3/2 ** West Coast Spoilers***

Well, since Jason isn't quite the bachelor as first believed, this means that all of us viewers will avoid tonight's show--ATFR2, correct?

Oh my goodness! I was channel surfing last night and got suckered into watching this because of the clip with the dude sobbing himself silly hanging on the wall. So, of course, I had to see what was going on with this show. Judging from the comments here this isn't typical even for this show.

I have to say what kept going through my mind when I watched the last segment....how awful it was going to be for the fiance' who was dumped to see this when it aired. And this guy! Lame isn't even the word for it. I'd ask how come people go on TV to show their lamitude like that, but, hey the answer is simple. I watched the stupid show!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by susanl95;3362671;

BTW, I am Susan. I post very infrequently, but have been reading for years. I sometimes get frustrated by forums because people seem to say things they would never say in person as they hide behind their anonymity. Sorry, but it is totally true.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I pride myself on being some who speaks my mind, whenever, wherever, however, and to whomever. And I say nothing here, or in emails or anywhere else on the Internet that I wouldn't be bold enough to stand up and say (with my head held high) in "real" life. I've never encountered an confrontation/argument/disagreement yet, that I've backed down from - doesn't mean I've won them all, but I've certainly never shied away from any.

Regarding your first comments, re Jason having the right to change his mind, make mistakes, chose the wrong person etc., I see where you're coming from. I agree, he is perfectly within his rights to have a change of heart. However, choosing to humiliate a woman on national tv, essentially dumping her before millions, and then proceeding to pursue a relationship with the "other" woman in almost the same breath, before the dumpee has even left the building is quite something else altogether. Frankly, both women should be insulted. It was tacky and tasteless on Jason's part. The conversations he had with the women before the cameras he could have very easily had behind the scenes and spared their feelings and probably his own reputation.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

What if?

What if Jason is genuine? I find it hard to believe he faked those emotions last night. What if he is a person who decided that he wanted to do what was best for himself regardless of what the world thought of him? After all, when we fall out of love, do we worry more about the one we are leaving or do we worry about ourselves? Has anyone here, ever in their life made a mistake? I know I have and I know I have made mistakes at love, but I was quite young when I did it and would like to think I am way above it now. With that said, we do not know all of the circumstances behind the break up. Like Melissa said to him last night, "something happened." Something happened and he wasn't telling her or the world. Is it just that he couldn't get Molly out of his head? What about DeAnna? She apparently couldn't get Jason out of her head. Maybe Jason realized something from her mistake and decided he didn't want to wait until it was too late. None of us knows exactly what happened between Melissa and Jason. Why does Melissa get dumped over and over and over again? Isn't that a little unusual? Is she too nice? Is she bitchy when she gets into the midst of the relationship? Questions we will never have the answer to. Why are we all so judgmental when people make mistakes, change their mind etc? Aren't we all human beings and by our very nature prone to mistakes and prone to changing our minds? Gosh, I felt terrible for him last night and I felt horrible for Melissa. Let's be real, Melissa knew what was coming. It was clear by her body language. There is a reason it was done on TV. What about all of the other girls he broke up with on TV? How is it different with her? Because of the ring? I don't know. I just don't know. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I really thought he picked the wrong girl. I thought he was following his head and not his heart when he picked Melissa as sweet as she is. I think DeAnna's lecture may have confused a man who was in a vulnerable state. About Ty? He is 4 years old and is not likely to remember most of this. Do I think he is going to be hurt by it? Briefly, but he will move on as all children do. Children are quite resilient.

BTW, I am Susan. I post very infrequently, but have been reading for years. I sometimes get frustrated by forums because people seem to say things they would never say in person as they hide behind their anonymity. Sorry, but it is totally true.

I didn't come here
    Even if he did have a sincere change of heart or get confused, a decent person doesn't do that to someone they cared for on national tv. most of the bachelor/ette couples break up- there could have been a way to handle it privately- he chose not to and that is unforgivable. He is a complete jerk. Wonder what Stephanie and all the other women who thought so highly of him think of him now? Then he was on Jimmy Kimmel later last night, acting like he was totally justified and laughing at Jimmy's joke that maybe Melissa would date Flavor Flav next. Hard to believe what some people are willing to do for money. Terrible example for Ty. Molly is nuts to have anything to do with him.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanz;3362673;
    Well, since Jason isn't quite the bachelor as first believed, this means that all of us viewers will avoid tonight's show--ATFR2, correct?

Yeah, right. Apparently, last night was the last time many on here are ever going to watch the Bachelor show. All talk.

I'll only believe it when I see the ratings drop dramatically.

My thought on this entire season is if he felt so strong about both - contract or not - grow a backbone and say you want to date both afterwards. The feelings for both are just too strong to pick one girl. I think this is what most of the participants of this season think as well.

As for last night I thought Molly was totally fake and just "acting" suprised by the whole breakup - the way she kept looking at Chris like "am I suprised enough" and then just to kiss him right there in front of everyone tells me alot about both of their characters.

I really feel bad for Melissa. In the limo she seemed to be blaming herself.

Said something to the effect of this is what always happened to her and what was wrong with her?

Keep your head high Melissa! You just ran into another dragon you had to slay to find your prince!

Jason makes me sick!

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanz;3362673;
    After all that happened last night, what more could possibly happen on the second part??? Will Chris Harrison finally burst out laughing? Will Jason get confused again and decide he is actually gay? Will Ashton Kutcher run out onstage and reveal the whole thing as a punk? I seriously can't imagine what more there can be, but of course I will watch, just on the hoped for chance that Molly dumps Jason and all the women come back and tar and feather him.

FORT Regular

What if?

What if Jason is genuine? I find it hard to believe he faked those emotions last night. What if he is a person who decided that he wanted to do what was best for himself regardless of what the world thought of him? After all, when we fall out of love, do we worry more about the one we are leaving or do we worry about ourselves? Has anyone here, ever in their life made a mistake? I know I have and I know I have made mistakes at love, but I was quite young when I did it and would like to think I am way above it now. With that said, we do not know all of the circumstances behind the break up. Like Melissa said to him last night, "something happened." Something happened and he wasn't telling her or the world. Is it just that he couldn't get Molly out of his head? What about DeAnna? She apparently couldn't get Jason out of her head. Maybe Jason realized something from her mistake and decided he didn't want to wait until it was too late. None of us knows exactly what happened between Melissa and Jason. Why does Melissa get dumped over and over and over again? Isn't that a little unusual? Is she too nice? Is she bitchy when she gets into the midst of the relationship? Questions we will never have the answer to. Why are we all so judgmental when people make mistakes, change their mind etc? Aren't we all human beings and by our very nature prone to mistakes and prone to changing our minds? Gosh, I felt terrible for him last night and I felt horrible for Melissa. Let's be real, Melissa knew what was coming. It was clear by her body language. There is a reason it was done on TV. What about all of the other girls he broke up with on TV? How is it different with her? Because of the ring? I don't know. I just don't know. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I really thought he picked the wrong girl. I thought he was following his head and not his heart when he picked Melissa as sweet as she is. I think DeAnna's lecture may have confused a man who was in a vulnerable state. About Ty? He is 4 years old and is not likely to remember most of this. Do I think he is going to be hurt by it? Briefly, but he will move on as all children do. Children are quite resilient.

I didn't come here

Good post. The most I can chastise Jason for is that Melissa and him could have had a mutual breakup before the taping of the FRC-- as in, have the "talk" they had last night in private instead and then go on air and announce their breakup. But, Melissa knew what was coming. The girl's not stupid, we saw that last night. I really don't see why people are saying that Molly shouldn't have taken him back, they obviously like each other. I don't think she's taking Melissa's "sloppy seconds" or that she just has more skill in umm.. certain things in the bedroom like some have rudely suggested. That's bitterness from these people, and they know it.
    I also see a lot of "I don't care what his contract says, I wouldn't do that to anyone..." Maybe Jason was told to officially breakup with Melissa on air. After all, what would people be gossiping about if they had broken off off air? If I have something to lose ($$), I wouldn't take a risk and go against what the people who made my contract tell me to do. Apparently, many here would. Thank god for these angels. They make our world a better place. . That's what making yourself available to the public does: it opens your happiness AND embarrassments to the public. Melissa signed up for it.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heartsaflutter;3362740;
    My thought on this entire season is if he felt so strong about both - contract or not - grow a backbone and say you want to date both afterwards. The feelings for both are just too strong to pick one girl. I think this is what most of the participants of this season think as well.

Totally agree. And another thing is, instead of going along with the contrived fantasy of ending the final rose ceremony with an engagement to appease the show's producers, just be man enough to pick one woman or the other and tell her that before any type of engagement, you'd like to date her in the real world, no tv cameras, no pretense, just honest-to-goodness dating to see if the two of you can really build something meaningful and if something meaningful develops then the ring, wedding etc. I think one of the other Bachelors from a previous season did that but I can't remember who it was.

The whole premise around whch this show is based is insipid. Engagement/marriage are serious commitments and ones not to be entered into lightly. How after only a couple of months of dating someone on tv you can feel you're really ready to get engaged an/or married is beyond ridiculous.

This is why, to this day, I will always admire Brad for having the courage to send both women home and not playing along with a fantasy for the sake of tv ratings.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread