+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Misogyny 101: why do WOMEN help produce and watch this show?

Re: Misogyny 101: why do WOMEN help produce and watch this show?

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3340011;
    Oh, and I forgot to add one thing to my post. I think that the final six women should be required to have a drawing of sealed envelopes from a goldfish bowl. One of them has the FRIEND CARD in it; they open them privately before the 6/4 cut and whoever has the card gets to go to the F4 automatically--but the others are unaware of her status.
    Sort of like a hidden immunity idol!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3340021;
    Sort of like a hidden immunity idol!
    Oh, brilliant! Even better, at the 6/4 cut if she doesn't get a rose she can play the card, stay in the game and gets to choose who goes home broken hearted, whether or not she's the bachelor's favorite.

Thank you everyone for your excellent posts. I enjoyed reading this thread thoroughly and agreed with most everything. I do have to say the thing that would make me enjoy The Bachelor/Bachelorette more would be if it DID NOT end in an engagement. The chances of an engagement made after such as short time is almost nil. I would prefer that it ended with the couple exploring a relationship in the real world. Thanks again

Wasn't there a dating show where the girl/guy chose from three girls/guys (game show style), and then they dated for awhile and came back to explain the results. Go or no go. It was a flop I believe, but they could use that kind of ending in this show .... or maybe they already do
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3340789;
    Wasn't there a dating show where the girl/guy chose from three girls/guys (game show style), and then they dated for awhile and came back to explain the results. Go or no go. It was a flop I believe, but they could use that kind of ending in this show .... or maybe they already do
    That was called "The Love Connection" hosted by Chuck Woolery. I used to love that show.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3340812;
    That was called "The Love Connection" hosted by Chuck Woolery. I used to love that show.
    And it was cheap to produce! If they liked each other, all they got was another paid-for date. . .No big fancy diamonds to take back to the mall.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3340789;
    Trivia time! I remember that show and didn't think it was a flop. So I wikipedia'd it, LOL. According to wikipedia:

Love Connection is an American television game show, where singles tried to find the best date and/or to have something in common with each other. This show debuted in syndication on September 19, 1983 and ended on July 1, 1994, after more than 2,000 shows. Reruns continued to air for the 1994-95 season. It was hosted by Chuck Woolery. The show returned during the 1998-1999 season, hosted by Pat Bullard. Love Connection was produced by Eric Lieber Productions in association with and distributed by Telepictures (1983-86, 1998-99), Lorimar-Telepictures (1986-89), Lorimar Television (1989-90), and Warner Bros. Television (1990-94).
    Sounds like the first run was successful but the second run 98-99 was a flop.
    Don't bore us, get to the chorus. - M. Campbell

God, that show was hilarious when an angry couple would come back and describe how pathetic the other person was! hahaha!!

It only lasted a week for each episode didn't it? And my recollection is that it ended up on daytime tv or some non-major channel.

Anyone remember the show that was done with Mark Consuelo (I may be wrong here) that was right after an episode of the Bachelor (maybe PLo) where they took one guy and two women and had them do different activities to prove that environment and food and activities made a difference in the relationship?
    I cannot remember what the good things were except for chocolate and adventure.

I think we have strayed from the original discussion, but this is sure fun
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I remember Love Connection. I think it was a syndicated game show. I bet it had more sucessful relationships formed than The Bachelor series has!

It was great, because it was real. We didn't get to see the date, but hear both their versions of the date. Sometimes with hilarious results!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast