+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 2/16 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3337537;
    With all due respect, I take issue with your post, especially the comments in bold. I think it's time we take Jason down off that pedestal that many have put him on. He's just an ordinary guy. He's not God's gift to women.

As far as your comment about TPTB needing to take time to evaluate who the bachelors are, well, you have to be kidding about that. Why on earth would they care about what these guys want? All they care about is putting on a show that garners big ratings. That's their sole purpose. It's not about love and never will be. That's why this show has such an abysmal track record when it comes to lasting love.

As far as Jason having nothing to work with, well, I will agree that this wasn't a stellar group of women. Maybe the women out there are starting to get smart and don't want any part of this nonsense. But I do have to say that Stephanie, Jillian, Melissa and even Molly are decent women with some good qualities. He got through the others and the final three were the best of a mediocre group. I don't see Jason as head and shoulders above these three women. I happen to think that Jillian was far too good for him and am glad that she got out of this whole sordid mess. I certainly don't think that Jason is above all these women. He had no trouble at all enjoying a record number of makeout sessions, even with women he had absolutely no interest in whatsoever (think Naomi).

The behavior to which you are referring, i.e. swearing, backstabbing and barfing was done by only a few of the women. He was never going to pull out because he was there for true love, remember? He HAS to find someone. I don't think he ever would have pulled out for any reason. He had three great women all going after him and vying for his affection. That's pretty heady stuff for an everyman kind of guy.

I put the blame for a lot of this on TPTB, of course, and Jason. He is the one who initially applied for TB. He didn't get picked, but was asked to be on Deanna's Bachelorette. That's when he had his real chance at fame. The single Dad with adorable son story line was very appealing. So he used that and became the next Bachelor. He wound up exactly where he wanted to be.
    Obviously, you're not a Jason fan.

I never claimed he was ''God's gift to women''. I simply said he was a good guy who seemed to enjoy a good, stable life, so why not try and find women who are more akin to his lifestyle, who are better matched to him and where he's at in his life? I agree with you, probably all the ''good'' women don't want any part of this--indeed, in that respect, I felt Melissa's family's decision not to be a part of this show to be the most sensible decision that was made this whole season.

As for the women, I found a lot of them offensive and immature, not all, I thought a handful of them had some potential with Jason. As compared to Deanna's season, however, I felt Jason's choice of women was far less than Deannna's. JMO. If I'm to believe anything I'm reading on the other boards as to what is going to take place later on, there is obviously a lot of manipulation going on from the TPTB with Jason, which leaves us, the average viewer, completely perplexed as to what is really going on. And they have the nerve to call this ''reality tv''. I feel sorry for the women this season. That is really the sad part of all this, the women being taken for a ride, all in the name of ratings. This whole season has been quite sordid, really. It was anything but ''real''.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;3338781;

As for the women, I found a lot of them offensive and immature, not all, I thought a handful of them had some potential with Jason. As compared to Deanna's season, however, I felt Jason's choice of women was far less than Deannna's. JMO. If I'm to believe anything I'm reading on the other boards as to what is going to take place later on, there is obviously a lot of manipulation going on from the TPTB with Jason, which leaves us, the average viewer, completely perplexed as to what is really going on. And they have the nerve to call this ''reality tv''. I feel sorry for the women this season. That is really the sad part of all this, the women being taken for a ride, all in the name of ratings. This whole season has been quite sordid, really. It was anything but ''real''.
    ITA ...i've posted this elsewhere and will say it again....season after season...the women are for the most part immature..far to young to be making life long commitments...early 20's imo is not the age where you know what you want out of life..i was married at 18..div'd by 28...my ex was a different person than i was...i thought i could be what he wanted me to be..that only lasts so long...eventually you realize its not what you wanted at all...:nono

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;3338781;
    Obviously, you're not a Jason fan.

I never claimed he was ''God's gift to women''. I simply said he was a good guy who seemed to enjoy a good, stable life, so why not try and find women who are more akin to his lifestyle, who are better matched to him and where he's at in his life? I agree with you, probably all the ''good'' women don't want any part of this--indeed, in that respect, I felt Melissa's family's decision not to be a part of this show to be the most sensible decision that was made this whole season.

Well, we do share some common ground. As far as not being a Jason fan, actually the only reason I watched this season was to see him. I have not watched a full season of TB for several years. I usually tune in for the first two or three episodes and then come back to see who's there at F3 or F2. But I really wanted to see how this would play out.

I have always maintained that Jason has done nothing to make me dislike him. I just didn't think he was all that. But I genuinely did feel very bad watching him go down on one knee and propose to Deanna. I thought it was truly awful. I felt compassion for him. He didn't deserve that. So I thought it might be nice to see how he did as TB.

I do agree with your comments in bold. I think that the guys that Deanna had to choose from were a whole different level than the women that Jason had. I also share your sentiments about this whole season. I am well aware of what is going on as far as the manipulation and behind the scenes stuff.

I hope that you took my comments in the spirit in which they were intended. I did not mean to come on kind of strong. I always try to respect everyone's opinions.

+ Reply to Thread