+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/16 Show Discussion **spoilers**

As far as the fantasy suites go, they could have talked or played snakes and ladders all night. Or left after the cameras turned off. We ought not to assume. Much as I love Jilly, she was not as forthright with how she felt about Jason as were the other two ladies and that is something he needed voiced, it seems. She just did not seem that into him, and that may be why she wound up in the friend box.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3331420;
    As far as the fantasy suites go, they could have talked or played snakes and ladders all night. Or left after the cameras turned off. We ought not to assume. Much as I love Jilly, she was not as forthright with how she felt about Jason as were the other two ladies and that is something he needed voiced, it seems. She just did not seem that into him, and that may be why she wound up in the friend box.
    yes, they just talked and played monopoly in their bikinis in the hot tub

I think it is just gross

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;3330920;
    Ditto that. That is the one the mansion.
    Anyhow, a dissapointing season for me, I was expecting a lot more.
    I hope Jill is the next Bachelorette. Good wholesome Canadian girl, it's what this show needs to get back on track.
    I totally agree with your opinion. This Bachelor has been way too overated. Every look, wink, sigh has been disected too many times over at the expense of Jason
    What a man will do for a GOOD Woman huh
    Thanx for the final clear opinion

Please no more losers for The Bachlor or Bachelorette. Have we not learned from DeAnna and Jason?

I did not want Jason as the bachelor in the first place. Did not understand all the love for him and watching this last episode I turned out to be right (that does not happen too often )

What an idiot and no I don't mean him not choosing Jillian,just in general.

FORT Regular

I'm not bashing Jason, I'm not dissapointed that he was picked as the Bachelor. He's a good guy. It's the show and the producers I'm dissappointed with. This season had potential, but it was never developed.

I felt Jason had problems connecting with the women, and its no wonder. He even kept one (Stephanie) into the final 5 even though he had absolutely no chemistry with her. That tells you how little there was to choose from.

This is a 33 or 34 year old man with a son, a steady job and a stable life and here the producers are presenting him with all these bubbly and immature 20+ year-olds, some of whom had the foulest mouths I've ever heard. How can you form a connection with women like that????? And a number of these women had issues. Bottom line, but for a few, the show did not do a good job of screening and picking these women out for Jason. He kept saying he's looking for someone that's in the same place in her life as he is. So how come he wasn't introduced to women closer to his age and his lifestyle? The last 2 ladies,a 24 and 25-year old, as sweet as they are, are not in the same place in their life as this 33 year old single father. Sorry. JMO. Jason, sweetie, I wish you all the luck in the world, but it ain't here you're gonna find lasting love. Better luck out in the real world.

This process has no chance to work unless the producers really take the time to listen to and evaluate who these bachelors really are, what they need and what they want. Granted some bachs (namely Deanna) don't know what they want. But I don't feel that was the case with Jason. Poor guy had nothing to work with. With all the swearing, back stabbing and barfing that went on this season, it's a wonder he didn't pull out of this sooner.

MTG

I am a lurker here, but everyone keeps saying about Melissa's being with her ex and didn't she say she hadn't been in a relationship for 2-3 years. Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought she said several times that she hadn't had a kiss in a while, no relationship, etc. And also how would her friends know anything about the show. It is suppose to be SECRET! She may just be seeing her ex out of friendship and someone to hang out with. Just a thought!

hom
    FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MTG;3336937;
    I am a lurker here, but everyone keeps saying about Melissa's being with her ex and didn't she say she hadn't been in a relationship for 2-3 years. Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought she said several times that she hadn't had a kiss in a while, no relationship, etc. And also how would her friends know anything about the show. It is suppose to be SECRET! She may just be seeing her ex out of friendship and someone to hang out with. Just a thought!
    The timeline was 5 year relationship, followed by 2 year relationship, and 3 years of nothing before now. So yes, you are correct, the back with ex stories do not match that.

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;3336874;
    I'm not bashing Jason, I'm not dissapointed that he was picked as the Bachelor. He's a good guy. It's the show and the producers I'm dissappointed with. This season had potential, but it was never developed.

I felt Jason had problems connecting with the women, and its no wonder. He even kept one (Stephanie) into the final 5 even though he had absolutely no chemistry with her. That tells you how little there was to choose from.

This is a 33 or 34 year old man with a son, a steady job and a stable life and here the producers are presenting him with all these bubbly and immature 20+ year-olds, some of whom had the foulest mouths I've ever heard. How can you form a connection with women like that????? And a number of these women had issues. Bottom line, but for a few, the show did not do a good job of screening and picking these women out for Jason. He kept saying he's looking for someone that's in the same place in her life as he is. So how come he wasn't introduced to women closer to his age and his lifestyle? The last 2 ladies,a 24 and 25-year old, as sweet as they are, are not in the same place in their life as this 33 year old single father. Sorry. JMO. Jason, sweetie, I wish you all the luck in the world, but it ain't here you're gonna find lasting love. Better luck out in the real world.

This process has no chance to work unless the producers really take the time to listen to and evaluate who these bachelors really are, what they need and what they want. Granted some bachs (namely Deanna) don't know what they want. But I don't feel that was the case with Jason. Poor guy had nothing to work with. With all the swearing, back stabbing and barfing that went on this season, it's a wonder he didn't pull out of this sooner.

With all due respect, I take issue with your post, especially the comments in bold. I think it's time we take Jason down off that pedestal that many have put him on. He's just an ordinary guy. He's not God's gift to women.

As far as your comment about TPTB needing to take time to evaluate who the bachelors are, well, you have to be kidding about that. Why on earth would they care about what these guys want? All they care about is putting on a show that garners big ratings. That's their sole purpose. It's not about love and never will be. That's why this show has such an abysmal track record when it comes to lasting love.

As far as Jason having nothing to work with, well, I will agree that this wasn't a stellar group of women. Maybe the women out there are starting to get smart and don't want any part of this nonsense. But I do have to say that Stephanie, Jillian, Melissa and even Molly are decent women with some good qualities. He got through the others and the final three were the best of a mediocre group. I don't see Jason as head and shoulders above these three women. I happen to think that Jillian was far too good for him and am glad that she got out of this whole sordid mess. I certainly don't think that Jason is above all these women. He had no trouble at all enjoying a record number of makeout sessions, even with women he had absolutely no interest in whatsoever (think Naomi).

The behavior to which you are referring, i.e. swearing, backstabbing and barfing was done by only a few of the women. He was never going to pull out because he was there for true love, remember? He HAS to find someone. I don't think he ever would have pulled out for any reason. He had three great women all going after him and vying for his affection. That's pretty heady stuff for an everyman kind of guy.

I put the blame for a lot of this on TPTB, of course, and Jason. He is the one who initially applied for TB. He didn't get picked, but was asked to be on Deanna's Bachelorette. That's when he had his real chance at fame. The single Dad with adorable son story line was very appealing. So he used that and became the next Bachelor. He wound up exactly where he wanted to be.

FORT Fogey

Whether the time in the suite extends beyond talk and a game of Monopoly is something we'll never know unless someone comes clean about it. All we can do is conjecture.

IMHO, I think the 3 remaining women are not the type to do more, but I think there has been hanky-panky in past seasons.

I do wish they'd do away with this part of the show. Regardless of what happens behind closed doors, it really does read as if they sleep together. I think it's both offensive and gross - and reminds me of polygamy which I am not a fan of.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mercedes44;3329001;
    Not sure if this has been discussed recently. I am new on the board so excuse me if it has.

On the first episode when they showed all the short episode clips the very last clip was of the proposal. They showed Jason (at a distance) putting the ring on a gal with very dark hair. Unless that was a throw off. I always had it down to Jillian and Mel as the final 2 as I could not imagine they would make such a mistake. They have not shown that clip again.

Any thoughts?
    I remember that clip, but I recall the hair being light-dark brown rather than super dark. Plus, the girl was quite a bit shorter than Jason (which is one reason why I knew Stephanie wouldn't make it).

For me, the hair resembles Molly's the most.

+ Reply to Thread