+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/16 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3327554;
    I have read as much as I could here before posting my thoughts.

I think Jason is a pretty boring guy. It is interesting that many people like the person when they are rejected and then come to dislike them when they are on the show and have to reject others. But I never thought Jason was all that during Deanna's season. I just didn't see anything to dislike. But I may have to amend that impression.

He was certainly anxious to spend the night with all three of them. He couldn't even hide it. So I guess he's just being a man. I think his comment about wanting more than just being best friends with a woman, was idiotic. You have to be friends first and then real love comes after that. I learned that one the hard way. With my husband, it was the passion that came first. We never did become real friends and it cost us dearly as the years passed. I just think it was a convenient, but lame, excuse to get rid of Jillian.

I don't see anything but a physical attraction with Molly. They don't seem to have any other connection, at least as far as what I have seen to date. It is so obvious that he is crazy about Melissa. He can barely keep his hands off her.

I don't pretend to know where this is going. It could be a number of things, many of which have already been mentioned here. I keep hearing that it's not about the "who", it's the "how". So something weird or strange has to happen. They didn't show the two women at the FRC, so that is a clue that there may well not be a proposal. Who knows at this point. I will just go along for the ride. If whoever he picks lasts, it will be a minor miracle.
    At first I didn't think of Jason as boring -- but now I think he is! Although I am wondering about his unshaven appearance on last nights show at least until the RC.

Quote Originally Posted by wing;3327813;
    At first I didn't think of Jason as boring -- but now I think he is! Although I am wondering about his unshaven appearance on last nights show at least until the RC.

It's funny that you mention his unshaven appearance. I was thinking to myself, why does he look like such a slob? He usually keeps up his grooming. I thought it made him look much less attractive. Like you said, at least he cleaned himself up for the RC.

I don't dislike Jason the way I did watching Deanna during her season. But I do think he has been kind of idealized by many. He seems ordinary, not particularly intelligent or deep, just a regular guy. But he certainly has made the most of his "opportunities" with the ladies, shall we say. I guess that is him just being a man and enjoying his time with these attractive women.

The part I hate the most is when someone has to go after they have fallen in love. I know it always happens this way, but I never get used to it. I can hear people now saying that this is what they signed up for, etc. But that doesn't mean that you are prepared when it actually happens. Seeing Jillian lose all her dignity was terrible to watch.

It was awful when Deanna let Jeremy go and he broke down. I liked Jeremy a lot. He was my favorite. I liked him much more than Jason. I know they all get over it and move on and live their lives, but that moment when their heart is broken is just painful.

FORT Newbie

Has anyone else noticed it when Jason says in a voice over that "Melissa actually reminds him of his ex-wife and Deanna"?
    I found that comment interesting. It was kinda like, "hint hint" Jason, this might not be a good sign, just saying...

Btw, could last night's hot tub scene with Jillian be more uncomfortable to watch? I laughed when Chris Harrison actually made a similar comment in his blog. I did like Jillian though. I thought the chance of her and Jason working it out in real life was probably higher than him with Melissa or Molly.

FORT Fan

I've never been a huge Jason fan. Once you get past his poor, pitiful story about his wife leaving and him being a single dad, you see he's not really "all that." Besides, last season, he acted as though he was a widow and that the ex just left him and the kid all alone. Now she's a great mom who he would never take Ty from by moving? Why did the story change? I thought he was being quite a little "B" the way he kept harping on her wanting out of the marriage and he didn't and she took up with someone else. I didn't need to know all of that. Now, he's beating Bachelor Bob as far as being a dirt bag who has to make out with all of the women.

I didn't like his scraggly, unshaven look on B4. He looked like a vagrant. Jason really isn't all that cute. He's not ugly but he's not HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3327842;
    It's funny that you mention his unshaven appearance. I was thinking to myself, why does he look like such a slob? He usually keeps up his grooming. I thought it made him look much less attractive. Like you said, at least he cleaned himself up for the RC.

I don't dislike Jason the way I did watching Deanna during her season. But I do think he has been kind of idealized by many. He seems ordinary, not particularly intelligent or deep, just a regular guy. But he certainly has made the most of his "opportunities" with the ladies, shall we say. I guess that is him just being a man and enjoying his time with these attractive women.

The part I hate the most is when someone has to go after they have fallen in love. I know it always happens this way, but I never get used to it. I can hear people now saying that this is what they signed up for, etc. But that doesn't mean that you are prepared when it actually happens. Seeing Jillian lose all her dignity was terrible to watch.

It was awful when Deanna let Jeremy go and he broke down. I liked Jeremy a lot. He was my favorite. I liked him much more than Jason. I know they all get over it and move on and live their lives, but that moment when their heart is broken is just painful.

Now that you mention it I really didn't like Jason during the Deanna season and Jeremy was my favorite, too. You could feel his pain when she let him go.

I felt very badly for Jill -- although from all of the good sleuthing you guys do here at FORT I did see it coming!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by wing;3328095;
    Now that you mention it I really didn't like Jason during the Deanna season and Jeremy was my favorite, too. You could feel his pain when she let him go.

I felt very badly for Jill -- although from all of the good sleuthing you guys do here at FORT I did see it coming!
    I feel a need to defend Jason here. He is doing exactly what Trista, Charlie, and Bryon did to find the right one for them. These former bachelor/ettes had to do the biddings of the producers and have posed hot and heavy scenes to boast the ratings. This is all part of the process.

The real love stories going on were after the cameras left the hot tubs and they got down to really understanding these people they chose to go this far in the process. Barriers with cameras and sound equipment gone they got down to the serious business of who they related to on all levels.

Hearts get broken, same in real life, this is just done in a fast forward way. It's a tough but exciting way to find love.

Quote Originally Posted by wing;3328095;

I was prepared for Jillian going, but I guess it is hard for me to see someone lose it so completely and fall apart. That is the one reason why I have not watched this show on a regular basis. I don't enjoy that part. Yes, I do realize that this is what they sign up for, but it still doesn't make it any fun to watch. I think I would have been much more shocked if I didn't have the info from our trusty FORT sleuths.

As far as some of the negativity towards Jason, I think it was inevitable considering that he was put on such a high pedestal. Once Deanna let him propose and then rejected him, he became a bit of a martyr. I never saw anything to dislike about Jason, but I just didn't find him all that interesting aside from the single Dad with adorable kid thing. I found Jeremy infinitely more fascinating to watch. But I am so glad that he didn't do this show.

I still think it is gross that Jason boinked 3 women and they are all "friends" and he will probably boink the last 2 one more time before he chooses one

this is disgusting to me

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3329068;
    I still think it is gross that Jason boinked 3 women and they are all "friends" and he will probably boink the last 2 one more time before he chooses one

this is disgusting to me
    Seriously! And I would hate to have been the 3 girl!
    Reality TV Addict.
    Why can't my life be this interesting?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3329068;

this is disgusting to me
    Ditto that. That is the one thing about the bachelor shows that has bothered me the most. It's damn near prostitution if you ask me.

I watched this last show in fast forward, and quite frankly, I've had it.
    Jillian can count herself lucky that she was let go. I'm starting to believe that the non-chosen ones are truly the luckiest ones in the end.

As for the upcoming previews, I don't know what all the drama is about. Deanna's back, and he picks Melissa as F1, or does he? They are suggesting some kind of lurid twist there, but things are never as they really appear on this show anyway, right, so who knows what to believe??

I had hopes for this season, with this 30-something year old single father with a good job and a stable life, but all this melodramatic mess has really dashed things for me. If it was meant to spice things up and attract more viewers, it did the opposite for me.
    Also, I want to say that, except for a few of the girls, it was really ''slim pickin's'' this season. Jason had next to nothing to choose from. And the producers started out the show with the ladies voting one girl out, which made them weary and mistrustful of each other. That spoiled the atmosphere right from the get go. I think Jason got a raw deal this season, it's too bad for him. He deserved better. But now apparently, he's engaged. Well, I can't figure who the heck to, it must be the maid back at the mansion.
    Anyhow, a dissapointing season for me, I was expecting a lot more.
    I hope Jill is the next Bachelorette. Good wholesome Canadian girl, it's what this show needs to get back on track.
    Last edited by jewels2312; 02-18-2009 at 12:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread