+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3314841;
    She wouldn't have had them with Jason since he's Jewish. Perhaps without talking about religion, they could have at least had a conversation to check that they celebrate the same holidays.
    She was right when she said she should have had the religion discussion with him. It can be a huge stumbling block in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieJardine;3312807;
    Melissa and Jason just seem too far apart in maturity. I know they are only like 6 years, but Melissa seems like she's still in her 20s, going out, partying and finding herself stage. And he's a mature 31 with a kid.

Seeing the two of them all over eachother feels icky for some reason.
    One of the male friends made a comment that they want her married so they don't have a fifth wheel always hanging around.

I get the sense that she'd rather be a homebody and that when she was going out that her "date" would just ditch her to hang with his guy friends.

As stated in previous posts, I think he likes to feel needed and Melissa gives the impression that she is more needy and dependent. Initially that may be an attraction, but could be the very thing that puts distance between them over time.

Anyone else notice that Molly shakes her head side to side (as if she's saying, "no") when she is sharing something more personal with Jason? I notice it especially when her hair is pulled back since the ponytail swings from side to side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3314316;
    I am a little late coming here, so I did not read all of the posts as I usually do. A few things stood out to me last night.

First, I was really surprised that Melissa's closest friends don't know much about her parents. I do find that kind of odd. I am sure it has been discussed here already. I only read the last page, but I have to say that my close friends have always known my family.

Next, it's becoming obvious that Melissa is very insecure, has low self-esteem and has not always made the best choices in men. On the surface, she would appear to have it all - good looks, bubbly personality, fun, likeable. But it appears that there is more to her under the surface.

It may well be that TPTB are editing this issue of the parents to make it appear that there is a stumbling block in the way of Melissa being Jason's chosen one. The question I have is, did her parents merely object to meeting Jason publicly on a nationally televised show or did they object to meeting Jason, period? I think that's the key question for me. I would think that TPTB could easily arrange for her parents to initially meet Jason privately. If that's their only concern, it could be handled. Maybe it will end up happening that way and we won't be aware of it. But there is something in this that really bothers me.

Melissa's parents knew she was going on the show. They knew that it could come to this point. So she ends up telling him at the last minute when he shows up for their HTD. Is that because she was trying to change their minds and hoping that they would change their minds? Jason was clearly expecting to see them and was naturally disappointed and taken aback when she told him that he wouldn't be meeting them.

I think I have more questions than answers at this point in time. I do believe that Jillian is a fabulous person. I admire her for telling Jason about her mother's depression. It couldn't have been easy and it explains a lot about why she has seemed to be holding back. I think she's real and strong and brave. I like this girl. But I don't see her with Jason. Maybe it is indeed the issue of him wanting someone who needs to be needed. Jillian is a pretty independent, bright, strong woman who doesn't need anyone to take care of her.
    I keep thinking about how everyone is saying Jillian has it all together...but Jillian might have her issues too from her past. She is use to be the strong one, and shining star for her family. I don't think Jason is weird cause he wants to be needed, I think a true man wants to care for and adore his partner wife. I mean books like Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, are all based on this kind of theory. (men and women have strong differences) I think its great he has a strong, nuturing and caring side. You know a lot of men might be intimidated by Jillian being the whole "package" It's like you look at that person and say "What can I bring to their life?" they are already complete. People are givers or takers, Jason might be a giver...and he needs someone to give to. I know my husband and I are both givers, and sometimes it's very hard, cause we are both nuturers and we both want to do the nuturing (we've taken personality tests and turned out to be the same type) It's a conflict sometime, and when we first got married he had to sort this out. Sometimes I have to make myself received his help, and it's hard because it's against my own nature.

I don't think we should fault Jason cause he's attracted to Melissa and not AS much to Jillian. I don't get a strong I'm crazy for him vibe from Jillian anyways...and I think Jason KNOWS this on some level. (Did you hear the "you didn't pull away" comment on her HTD?) I think Jason is smarter then we give him credit for.

FORT Regular

I think that Melissa is a lot stronger than people are giving her credit for. It appears that she has risen above her dysfunctional family. She has a lot to give Jason and Jason has a lot to give her and that is what will make them a strong couple. Is she perfect? No, no one is. Has she made mistakes? Certainly, who hasn't. Does she act a little immature? I hope so. She is only 25 years old after all. I think she would make an excellent mother because she has lived first hand what bad parents can be. The sad part in all of this is that it looks like she was hoping that her parents would come through for her and sadly they didn't. Is not meeting her parents a deal breaker? I don't think so. I think Jason will find a way to work through all of this.

I want to know what's so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3314926;
    I keep thinking about how everyone is saying Jillian has it all together...but Jillian might have her issues too from her past. She is use to be the strong one, and shining star for her family. I don't think Jason is weird cause he wants to be needed, I think a true man wants to care for and adore his partner wife. I mean books like Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, are all based on this kind of theory. (men and women have strong differences) I think its great he has a strong, nuturing and caring side. You know a lot of men might be intimidated by Jillian being the whole "package" It's like you look at that person and say "What can I bring to their life?" they are already complete. People are givers or takers, Jason might be a giver...and he needs someone to give to. I know my husband and I are both givers, and sometimes it's very hard, cause we are both nuturers and we both want to do the nuturing (we've taken personality tests and turned out to be the same type) It's a conflict sometime, and when we first got married he had to sort this out. Sometimes I have to make myself received his help, and it's hard because it's against my own nature.

I don't think we should fault Jason cause he's attracted to Melissa and not AS much to Jillian. I don't get a strong I'm crazy for him vibe from Jillian anyways...and I think Jason KNOWS this on some level. (Did you hear the "you didn't pull away" comment on her HTD?) I think Jason is smarter then we give him credit for.

I think you do make some good points. I don't want to sound like a Melissa basher and a Jillian fan. No one is perfect. It is true that Jillian could have issues having lived through a difficult situation that forced her to grow up quicker and be the one that others leaned on. I should also say that it did occur to me that depression can be inherited. There is a possibility. So I don't mean to idealize her. I have just been impressed with her more and more. I am not sure that she and Jason really seem that into each other. So that's certainly a big issue. I think that I was just trying to give her credit for surviving an incredibly challenging situation growing up. Some people use these types of things to justify it when they screw up their lives. She just has seemed to maintain a certain balance.

I totally get your thing about people being givers or takers, although it's a little simplistic. I would definitely fall into the category of a giver. In fact, I have had to learn how to be the taker at times. I don't fault Jason for this quality. I just hope it's not ONLY the need to be the protector and the rescuer. It's fairly obvious that there is a very special connection between Jason and Melissa. You can see it in the way he touches her and looks at her. If she is indeed the one, I would want to give them my best and hope that it works out.

But I also don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have some doubts or misgivings. After all, the track record of this show speaks for itself.

I am new to this board, and want to see if anyone else agrees with my thoughts on Melissas HTD. In some cases it may be normal for friends that you met while an adult not to know your parents personally, I thought one of the girls said she has known her forever, that they grew up together. Your closest friends would know about your parents though, and have an idea of what they are like. The whole thing seemed very well planned out to me and scripted to show Melissa in a very good light. That should definitely raise red flags.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I were Jason, I'd be concerned with what age Melissa's mother started battling her severe depression, and if that kind of thing is hereditary. Anybody with any sense would look to get plenty of medical information on that condition. Is it possible that Melissa will be heading down her mother's path? Serious consideration, if you ask me.

But, then again, I don't know why anyone would want to get hooked up in these situations, anyway.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3315386;
    If I were Jason, I'd be concerned with what age Melissa's mother started battling her severe depression, and if that kind of thing is hereditary. Anybody with any sense would look to get plenty of medical information on that condition. Is it possible that Melissa will be heading down her mother's path? Serious consideration, if you ask me.
    I believe it was Jillian's mom who had depression, not Melissa's.

+ Reply to Thread