+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

I just don't get the attraction to Melissa. She's cute, but she's whiny and needy. Doesn't Jason get that enough with his son? I just think it's all physical attraction and nothing more. Molly is a self-centered Mean Girls drone, and I see nothing there at all! Jillian is someone he can love deeply and grow with.

I think the edit on the whole DeAnna thing is to make us think that she comes between him and his future woman. "I made a mistake, you haven't proposed yet, that's why I'm here". Then we see Jason outside literally 'on the ledge' crying. I don't think DeAnna is saying "I made a mistake, I want YOU please run away with me now..." I think her whole point is going to be "Don't make the mistake I made. I went with the one that made my heart do flippity-flops not the one that was actually right for me". I think she's going to try to warn him away from someone like Melissa and try to point him towards Jillian. At least, I can hope..... if he picks Melissa it won't last past the After the Final Rose show. If he picks Jillian, I can see it possibly being one of the most mature and lasting matchups this show has turned out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;3313218;
    Naomi: the look on Jason's face while Naomi's mother was telling him how she knew Jason was one of "them"........and how sure she was that Jason was aware of previous lives, etc. It was too funny watching him try not to be disagreeable, yet not totally agree with her...

Jillian: What a fun and upbeat person. She's so pretty too. But is Jason really crazy about her?

Melissa: I love Melissa, but she has a lot of issues to work out before having a healthy relationship. One bad relationship can destroy a person's self worth completely. She needs a lot of professional counseling to rise above the apparent abuse she's endured.

Molly: I still haven't warmed up to her since the beginnig of the season. What was with all those hats? Did I miss the meaning of the "hat dress up"?

So Deanna is trying to throw a wrench into Jason's finally?
    If Melissa has shared her story and her relationship with her parents publicly on the show I wonder if she is going to endear herself to her folks now given that PTB have aired the saga about how her folks don't go to Cowboys game to watch her dance or what ever.......... may be she is also a rebel looking to find someone she can hold on to and walk away from her family.

Shouldn't this wave a red flag to Jason that a woman who has unresolved issues with her parents isn't the best bet for a mother and mentor for his impressionable son who is still just 4 years old. From the pot into the fire it seems. I guess he will live and learn too. Melissa surely has to address her issues before she takes on more than she can handle and mess up a young child in the process.

Originally Posted by jacksmommie
    That's because Jillian actually got the 3rd rose tonight - he was looking at Naomi because he had just sent her home.

The edit was just awful tonight - Melissa got the 2nd rose, not the 3rd, as they made it appear....

Quote Originally Posted by CaFan;3314259;
    I don't understand why TPTB would need to do an edit on the RC 'hand out the rose order'. Can anyone explain?
    How do we know that the this was edited?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3314484;
    I just don't get the attraction to Melissa. She's cute, but she's whiny and needy. Doesn't Jason get that enough with his son? I just think it's all physical attraction and nothing more. Molly is a self-centered Mean Girls drone, and I see nothing there at all! Jillian is someone he can love deeply and grow with.

I think the edit on the whole DeAnna thing is to make us think that she comes between him and his future woman. "I made a mistake, you haven't proposed yet, that's why I'm here". Then we see Jason outside literally 'on the ledge' crying. I don't think DeAnna is saying "I made a mistake, I want YOU please run away with me now..." I think her whole point is going to be "Don't make the mistake I made. I went with the one that made my heart do flippity-flops not the one that was actually right for me". I think she's going to try to warn him away from someone like Melissa and try to point him towards Jillian. At least, I can hope..... if he picks Melissa it won't last past the After the Final Rose show. If he picks Jillian, I can see it possibly being one of the most mature and lasting matchups this show has turned out.
    I agree, totally. Jillian is the pefect fit, if Jason cannot see this, he has blinders on.

I don't care for Molly, she doesn't seem that into Jason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3314484;

I like your analysis of the final three. The more we learn about Melissa, the more issues she seems to have. Now this may be appealing to someone like Jason, who is a nurturer and comforter. He may like the role of rescuing a woman who has had some bad experiences with men. I think there are some red flags with Melissa that should give him pause. I can't get around the fact that I don't see her as mature enough to be a stepmom to Ty. I may very well be wrong, but at this point it's hard to see her handling this ready made family with an ex-wife in the bargain.

I love what you said about Molly. I have been trying to figure out exactly what it is about her that I just don't like. I love the "self-centered mean girls drone" description. How apt! I also don't see any really deep relationship being formed between these two at all. I have always described Molly as superficial and I stand by that assessment.

Jillian has some real depth and appeal. She has been through something so difficult. It has tested her. I have to believe that she could deal with a new husband, being stepmom to a young child and the ex-wife. She's already had to deal with sadness and tragedy. But she is also a strong, self-possessed, independent woman and that may not be what Jason is looking for. He seems to like Melissa's neediness. Jillian is not needy. What she survived with her mother's depression has made her strong. I kind of think that Jillian is better than Jason. She deserves more.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3314514;
    Shouldn't this wave a red flag to Jason that a woman who has unresolved issues with her parents isn't the best bet for a mother and mentor for his impressionable son who is still just 4 years old. From the pot into the fire it seems. I guess he will live and learn too. Melissa surely has to address her issues before she takes on more than she can handle and mess up a young child in the process.
    Giving Melissa credit on this one, I don't think it's necessarily something that Jason should be warned about. Not all of us have the most loving and attentive families, and it's not always because we have unresolved issues. Melissa could just be very, very different from the people who raised her, and could want desperately to make sure that the family that she creates is different. It's like blaming an abused child for being abused. I wouldn't shy away from someone who had been abused just because there was a possibility that he or she could eventually become an abuser...I would applaud the courage of that person to do their best to break the cycle.

Just in the way that she has presented things so far, I just feel like there are some skeletons there that she could have nothing to do with. There could be hidden vices, abuse, any number of dysfunctional issues that she is having to overcome. She has a tendency to pick loser men that dominate her and make her feel worthless. In my opinion, that signals neglect and abuse in her past. I don't think she should be denied the opportunity to be happy just because someone has possibly beaten her down. When you're beaten down all of your life and called worthless, it's hard to suddenly believe in yourself. If that's what's happened in Melissa's life, then I applaud her for doing everything she can to make that change.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3314060;
    They made it sound like it was Melissa's best friend, that she only met the parents twice, at the most.

Parents do have a life of their own but they at least meet their children's friends.
    Not necessarily their ADULT children. I don't know my son's best friends...I hear alot about them..but I have met them maybe once in passing.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3314615;
    Giving Melissa credit on this one, I don't think it's necessarily something that Jason should be warned about. Not all of us have the most loving and attentive families, and it's not always because we have unresolved issues. Melissa could just be very, very different from the people who raised her, and could want desperately to make sure that the family that she creates is different. It's like blaming an abused child for being abused. I wouldn't shy away from someone who had been abused just because there was a possibility that he or she could eventually become an abuser...I would applaud the courage of that person to do their best to break the cycle.

Just in the way that she has presented things so far, I just feel like there are some skeletons there that she could have nothing to do with. There could be hidden vices, abuse, any number of dysfunctional issues that she is having to overcome. She has a tendency to pick loser men that dominate her and make her feel worthless. In my opinion, that signals neglect and abuse in her past. I don't think she should be denied the opportunity to be happy just because someone has possibly beaten her down. When you're beaten down all of your life and called worthless, it's hard to suddenly believe in yourself. If that's what's happened in Melissa's life, then I applaud her for doing everything she can to make that change.

First of all, I don't think anyone is suggesting that Melissa should be denied the opportunity to be happy because she has been beaten down. That would be incredibly cruel. Of course, she deserves happiness, but she has had trouble choosing the man who can give that to her. We know that from what her friends said.

I keep thinking of what Jason said to her friends. He said that she looks so amazing and has everything. But that's only on the surface. That doesn't always mean that the person herself knows how appealing she is. Jason is learning that Melissa doesn't necessarily give herself enough credit. She has inner doubts. I don't dislike her for this, it just gives me pause.

If the problem originated with her family, then it would explain her estrangement from them. Maybe this is her way of trying to change her life on her own. It kind of hits a nerve with me, because this is something that I have experienced in my life. I ended up marrying an abusive man, continuing the pattern. It took me a long time to find the courage to get out. I almost didn't make it out. But I am here and divorced and living an entirely new life. So you can survive and make it.

I can't say that I really know Melissa. We have just seen some glimpses that hint at something underneath her bubbly, funny surface. Maybe Jason is the man who can help her change her past pattern with men. I certainly am rooting for Melissa to find her happiness. If it's with Jason, good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3312636;
    aww naomi...she wants christmases. hope she gets em.
    She wouldn't have had them with Jason since he's Jewish. Perhaps without talking about religion, they could have at least had a conversation to check that they celebrate the same holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3312761;
    I missed something, did Melissa say that her parents never went to a Cowboys game to watch her? Sheesh, my folks went to WIU games to watch me march, and good luck finding me amoung the 350 people on the field! That's sad. I agree, why not meet off camera?
    Maybe it would have been difficult for the parents to sit in the stands and hear comments that fans made about their daughter and how hot she is and what they'd like to do to her, etc. Best to stay away and catch glimpses of her on TV instead.

+ Reply to Thread