+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by helcat;3313876;
    I feel a short-lived Bachelor romance coming on. There are lots of red flags for Jason to have picked up on but last night it was pretty clear that he needs to be needed. Melissa clearly needs him right now but I can't help but worry that once she has some of her own self-esteem that she wouldn't move on just like his 1st wife did.

Kinda sad because it seems like Jillian could actually be a good fit for him now that she has shown him some vulnerability. But he just didn't seem content that she might only need a shoulder to cry on occasionally versus non-stop support.
    I agree. I guess that's the danger of being the nice-guy/nurturer/rescuer type person. Often after the rescue has been accomplished, the rescued people realize they don't need or want that type of partner.

Too bad because if he could deal with it, he could make a nice *partnership* with somebody who only needs propping up sometimes (I'd say, "like Jillian," but I think Jillian is probably just way too much woman and too much person for Jason, in the long run.) He may never be attracted to anybody like that, though, unfortunately. Old patterns tend to die hard.

I don't find it "weird" or "strange" or anything else that Melissa's friends have not really gotten to know her parents. I went to college 2 hours away from my hometown and I was in the flag corps and my parents did not drive to every football game to watch me perform (not even the home games) nor did they come to alot of the activities at college. Nothing to do with they didn't care, etc. My parents did not get to know alot of my college friends. Even after my first roommate and I found out our moms went to high school together and knew each other.

I live in that same small hometown now and my parents don't go to everyone of my daughter's softball, basketball, cheer performances, etc. either. They have a life of their own.

Now I would want my parents to meet my future husband and so would they - so maybe something has happened off camera.

Quote Originally Posted by heartsaflutter;3313985;
    I don't find it "weird" or "strange" or anything else that Melissa's friends have not really gotten to know her parents. I went to college 2 hours away from my hometown and I was in the flag corps and my parents did not drive to every football game to watch me perform (not even the home games) nor did they come to alot of the activities at college. Nothing to do with they didn't care, etc. My parents did not get to know alot of my college friends. Even after my first roommate and I found out our moms went to high school together and knew each other.

I live in that same small hometown now and my parents don't go to everyone of my daughter's softball, basketball, cheer performances, etc. either. They have a life of their own.

Now I would want my parents to meet my future husband and so would they - so maybe something has happened off camera.

They made it sound like it was Melissa's best friend, that she only met the parents twice, at the most.

Parents do have a life of their own but they at least meet their children's friends.

I understand that - however my parents didn't meet any of my friends in college - to this day (I've been out for 20 years) they have only met one of my college friends. I still talk to these friends and we get together several times a year. So I don't find it all that strange.

My parents did meet my high school friends - just like I know who my daughter's friends are. But they are 13 & 15 - not 20something

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmommie;3313060;
    That's because Jillian actually got the 3rd rose tonight - he was looking at Naomi because he had just sent her home.

The edit was just awful tonight - Melissa got the 2nd rose, not the 3rd, as they made it appear....

I don't understand why TPTB would need to do an edit on the RC 'hand out the rose order'. Can anyone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by heartsaflutter;3314090;
    I understand that - however my parents didn't meet any of my friends in college - to this day (I've been out for 20 years) they have only met one of my college friends. I still talk to these friends and we get together several times a year. So I don't find it all that strange.

My parents did meet my high school friends - just like I know who my daughter's friends are. But they are 13 & 15 - not 20something
    I understand what you're saying but it's quite obvious that these friends are who she spends the majority of her time with, not just "several times a year" as you stated. It's very weird to me. I thought something was off about this girl anyway (or maybe it's just disturbing to me that she is an exact carbon copy of DeAnna ) now we know that it might have something to do with her family.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CaFan;3314259;
    I don't understand why TPTB would need to do an edit on the RC 'hand out the rose order'. Can anyone explain?
    I believe it's because they are crafting a storyline with their edits and are trying to make it seem like Jason has serious doubts about Melissa because of the parent thing. If they edit it to look like it's down to a choice between Naomi and Melissa, it makes it more "exciting" for we, the viewing public.

It's not more exciting, Fleiss, it's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by CaFan;3314259;
    It is to raise doubt in the casual viewer.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by helcat;3313876;
    I feel a short-lived Bachelor romance coming on. There are lots of red flags for Jason to have picked up on but last night it was pretty clear that he needs to be needed. Melissa clearly needs him right now but I can't help but worry that once she has some of her own self-esteem that she wouldn't move on just like his 1st wife did.

Kinda sad because it seems like Jillian could actually be a good fit for him now that she has shown him some vulnerability. But he just didn't seem content that she might only need a shoulder to cry on occasionally versus non-stop support.

That's a really good point about his needing to feel "needed."

It would explain a lot about his reactions to Mel.

Just think about how many times he has bolstered her low self-esteem--this is a definite pattern in their relationship.

On the other hand he has said that Jillian doesn't seem to need him.(though not in those exact words) And it's true that she is strong and can take care of herself.

He seemed to respond most when she talked about the difficulties her family went through because of her mom's illness--IE--that's something he can "help her" with.

And his majoring in Pysch is also an indication of a "helper" personality.

I am a little late coming here, so I did not read all of the posts as I usually do. A few things stood out to me last night.

First, I was really surprised that Melissa's closest friends don't know much about her parents. I do find that kind of odd. I am sure it has been discussed here already. I only read the last page, but I have to say that my close friends have always known my family.

Next, it's becoming obvious that Melissa is very insecure, has low self-esteem and has not always made the best choices in men. On the surface, she would appear to have it all - good looks, bubbly personality, fun, likeable. But it appears that there is more to her under the surface.

It may well be that TPTB are editing this issue of the parents to make it appear that there is a stumbling block in the way of Melissa being Jason's chosen one. The question I have is, did her parents merely object to meeting Jason publicly on a nationally televised show or did they object to meeting Jason, period? I think that's the key question for me. I would think that TPTB could easily arrange for her parents to initially meet Jason privately. If that's their only concern, it could be handled. Maybe it will end up happening that way and we won't be aware of it. But there is something in this that really bothers me.

Melissa's parents knew she was going on the show. They knew that it could come to this point. So she ends up telling him at the last minute when he shows up for their HTD. Is that because she was trying to change their minds and hoping that they would change their minds? Jason was clearly expecting to see them and was naturally disappointed and taken aback when she told him that he wouldn't be meeting them.

I think I have more questions than answers at this point in time. I do believe that Jillian is a fabulous person. I admire her for telling Jason about her mother's depression. It couldn't have been easy and it explains a lot about why she has seemed to be holding back. I think she's real and strong and brave. I like this girl. But I don't see her with Jason. Maybe it is indeed the issue of him wanting someone who needs to be needed. Jillian is a pretty independent, bright, strong woman who doesn't need anyone to take care of her.

+ Reply to Thread