+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/09 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Naomi: the look on Jason's face while Naomi's mother was telling him how she knew Jason was one of "them"........and how sure she was that Jason was aware of previous lives, etc. It was too funny watching him try not to be disagreeable, yet not totally agree with her...

Jillian: What a fun and upbeat person. She's so pretty too. But is Jason really crazy about her?

Melissa: I love Melissa, but she has a lot of issues to work out before having a healthy relationship. One bad relationship can destroy a person's self worth completely. She needs a lot of professional counseling to rise above the apparent abuse she's endured.

Molly: I still haven't warmed up to her since the beginnig of the season. What was with all those hats? Did I miss the meaning of the "hat dress up"?

So Deanna is trying to throw a wrench into Jason's finally?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3313047;
    Maybe Melissa's parents are The Munsters, and Melissa is really Marilyn, the pretty one in the family?
    Well, she did say she was the black sheep of the family. Just like Marilyn Munster.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3313131;
    Major red flags tonight concerning Melissa's family. I can understand not wanting to be on national tv and all but for her rest friends to not know her parents is extremely strange. The one friend (Stefanie) had met them only one time when they were in college? And can't really remember what Melissa's dad is like? Jason needs to think long and hard about that before he jumps into something with her based on their "connection" and chemistry.
    Where did Melissa go to college? Was it in Dallas? The reason being it's not odd for college friends not to know the parents of their friends. I know several "normal" families that don't travel to college to see their kids (they just see them when they come home) and therefore never meet a lot of their friends. Once kids are in college many times that life is separate. I didn't get the impression that these were friends before college life, but maybe I missed something.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3313121;
    Thanks for saying this.
    There is something really weird going on about Melissa--she's been in abusive dating reltionships? More than one?

This is waaay more troubling than the openly New Agey Namoi mohter.

Many women who end up in more than one abusive relationship have serious problems that are not "fixed" by just marrying a non-abusive guy.
    Good points.

Plus, they don't just turn around on a dime and suddenly develop a long-term attachment to a guy who's a big-time nurturer.

I can see Jason being attracted to Melissa through his savior-white-knight-nurturing-guy side and Melissa clinging to him briefly, partly because she kind of wants rescue and partly because the whole tv-show thing is a rush (not dissimilar to the rush she may get from bad boys).... and then, very shortly, I can see Melissa suddenly realizing that she's "not in love" with Jason after all because he never gives her the adrenalin pump that the man's-man/kinda abusive boyfriends have.

Not a pretty picture.

Jason, did they teach you nothing in those psych classes?

Quote Originally Posted by helcat;3312810;
    That was the most telling thing to me. Any of us can understand a private family not being comfortable with this crazy process, but how in the world could your best friend have never had a meaningful conversation with your parents?!?!?! That is just weird. I don't see how Melissa can survive moving cross country to move into an all new ready-made family with such unusual social interactions.
    It's not really weird. My Mom never knew my best friend at all. They spoke so rarely and I grew up in a small town (1,200 people). It had more to do with my Mom and her inability to socialize than with who my friend was. It took every ounce of courage my Mother possessed to come to my wedding. My Dad had a third grade education and just preferred not to converse with my friends for fear of embarassing me. I can understand Melissa's parents. I'm sure there are reasons why they chose not to participate in much of her life. But growing up with it, you get use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;3312599;
    have to say jilly's date was adorable. everyone seemed so real and genuine. her mom did a very heartfelt toast about jilly, tearing up a bit. jilly's family really loves her, even her dad teared up during his PI. i just loove jilly -- she seems to really be falling for him...but i fear that jason wasn't as touchy feely with her...until the farewell and I saw a lot of passion in that goodbye kiss!!!!
    If I were Jason I'd pick Jillian. She is falling for him, she seems so sweet, nice, cool and her family is a hoot. Her parents stayed together throughout the ups and downs of her mom's depression, they would be good for counseling Jason and Jillian if they were to become a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3312609;
    LOL the little boy saying Sorry Dead Bird. OMG.
    I think this is normal for the little boy to say this, I've heard kids say this before (not often) about other pets, animals dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3312697;
    What Melissa is really saying:
    My parents think I'm a moron for going on this show and don't want any part of assisting a man exposing his child to this circus atmosphere in order to swap spit with numerous women on national TV while in search of his 15 minutes and making them look like idiots in the process.

Good for them!

Maybe they also think she shouldn't get involved with a divorced man with a child. Melissa is 24 or 25, still very young.

I do not think Jason will pick Melissa if he cannot meet her parents, he said something like this. Something is wrong, her closet friends have only met her parents only once or twice, these are childhood friends. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;3312737;
    Something is off when her best friend forever doesn't know her parents! WHAT??

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by legs268;3312765;
    Yeah, something is up with her parents. They won't support her in this show and they never went to see her at any of her games? They are either really unable to support their child or their is something that needs to be covered up. Either way, I think Jason needs to figure out what it is. Someone just mentioned that her comment about needing to share something with Jason is from the NZ date. Wonder if she clarifies the family issues with him...
    She should clarify the family issues if she wants a real relationship with Jason, if she doesn't she's going bye bye.

+ Reply to Thread