+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 2/02 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/02 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3302238;
    Did anyone notice that when Melissa was at the houseboat it occasionally appeared to be daylight? Can't really explain.
    Perhaps they had to take some B-roll shots of Seattle and it was spliced in during this sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3302238;
    They made it appear that the date was to have started at 7 or 8, but he was late, then she got in the fancy car in her fancy dress.

Then I thought I saw sunshine.
    Also, what are the odds there were that many straight days of sunshine in Seattle? Kind of reminds me when my husband and I saw "Waking Ned Devine". When we walked out of the theater he said that it was so unrealistic to think that there would only have been two days of rain total over the course of when the story unfolded in the movie.

Many of you have echoed my feelings about last night. I really feel that this show is even more phony and manipulative than other seasons, if that's even possible.

I think Stephanie knew that Jason wasn't feeling it with her. She said as much when she left. I think she looked really weird on that group date. She did wear way too much makeup and the glittery stuff was distracting. Too much blush, fake eyebrows and the jewelry. I saw nothing between her and Jason. But I do think she made the classiest exit ever. I think she is way too good for Jason and even he knows that. I hope she finds the right man somewhere down the road. When she was with the girls, without all that makeup and jewelry, she seemed so much more natural. They all really liked her and I admit that I teared up a little when she left.

Naomi is as phony as a three dollar bill. I almost laughed out loud listening to her talking to Jason. She really knows how to shovel it. Sorry, but that's the only way I can possibly describe her trying to sell him into believing that she is ready to settle down and be a stepmom. I don't see any real connection between these two at all. I also thought that it was so fake when he said that he had to talk to one of them at the RC and then took Naomi aside for a one-on-one chat. What did he expect her to say when he asked if she was really ready for this - Uh, no, I'm not, don't give me a rose? Come on! It's up to HIM to decide if she is ready to settle down. Guys do have the ability to sense things in women. They are not totally clueless. Well, maybe Jason is. I am not thrilled with him, either. He can't make these supposedly shocking RC's even remotely suspenseful. The guy certainly could never be an actor. He can't hide a thing.

Jillian seems pretty real to me. She didn't just tell him what he wanted to hear like Naomi. I am not sure if there is a real connection between these two. Jillian seems to be holding back. I don't think she likes this whole scenario, but that's what she signed up for. She seems to be afraid of letting herself go because she doesn't want to get hurt.

Molly just doesn't do it for me at all. I always think that she has rehearsed all her answers. She seems so bright and sunny and cute as a button, but something is off with her. I can't put my finger on it. Just my gut instinct again.

Melissa just seems so immature. She has so much insecurity. I have a hard time seeing her with Jason and Ty. I agree that the last minute change in plans was pathetic. So obvious. I do understand Jason needing to stay with his son. But I have no idea why he agreed to do this show and put his son through this nonsense. Jason's hard to dislike, but I am not really enthralled with how he is handling this whole process. He is acting naive and that's ridiculous. The man has gone through a divorce, so he knows about heartache. He has lived enough to be able to figure out which of these girls is for real. The record level of kissing is not great, either.

I have made a vow that this is it for me with this show. I was watching the clock again this week and got up repeatedly to do things around the house. That's a sign that I have just about had it.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

I actually liked this week. . . where children are involved, plans will change. The reality of Jason's life with his son was refreshing. Come on, this is how most of us live our lives. . . lots of romance planned but sick kids and real life parenting issues will interrupt. . .

I think Jason with Melissa is just about as real and comfortable as it gets. She trusts him, she is open with him and she understands how to do the dishes. She has also had a real life exposure to the fact that a young child comes first and that is just how it will be with Jason. . . I think Jason enjoyed seeing her in his house and imagining a life where they are hanging out at home together sharing ice cream while Ty sleeps. . . it is just a very nice, cozy picture and Melissa fits perfectly. Jason is nothing if not relaxed and real. Melissa is also relaxed and real - and the chemistry is palpable.

The only caveat -- does Jason need/want more in terms of adventure/intellectual challenge? He mentioned last season liking to travel and in that sense Jillian is more of a match. . . but Jillian moves slower in matters of the heart, doesn't wear her feelings out there as much as Melissa, so their connection is just not as advanced or intimate yet. My guess is that Jillian is the "real F2" but it's too hard to drag her to the end so he lets her go at F3. He may regret this if Melissa is not quite challenging enough over time. However, Melissa still has much growing to do and can choose to develop into a wise and intellectually stimulating woman throughout the course of her life. They have the emotional connection, they have the chemistry, the friendship is good -- Melissa just needs to grow up a bit and Jason seems okay with that. . .
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3301700;
    While in normal circumstances I would probably agree with this, in this particular instance, I don't. Unless I totally have the timing all wrong, he had been away from Ty for at least a week, and Ty is feeling a little insecure because his Dad is always gone. So when he finally gets to see his Dad and spend some time with him he wants to hang onto him as long as possible. My daughter at that age was the same way - if I came home from a trip away and said "sweetie, good to see you, I love you and all, but I'm going out again and leaving you here -again- with your Uncle/Aunt/babysitter and I'll see you in the morning!" at that age she would have been clingy and whiny and needy, not unlike Ty was last night. The guilt trip is HUGE. I don't see it as letting your child dictate your actions so much as "I have not spent any quality time with my child in awhile and he clearly wants me to, so I am going to try and re-arrange my evening to accomodate both him AND my date this evening." He has made it abundantly clear that Ty comes first in his life and he always will. I get that.
    That's how I looked at it too. It had been a week, he comes home and that evening is leaving again. That probably scared Ty. He wants his daddy, nothing wrong with that.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3302504;
    Also, what are the odds there were that many straight days of sunshine in Seattle? Kind of reminds me when my husband and I saw "Waking Ned Devine". When we walked out of the theater he said that it was so unrealistic to think that there would only have been two days of rain total over the course of when the story unfolded in the movie.
    It looked like it was filmed in the fall, when we often have very dry weather through the middle of October. It's not unusual to have a couple weeks without rain that time of year.

Please don't tell anyone.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees;3301536;
    There is no way that radio show was actually broadcast. Everyone who heard it would have known who at least 3 of the F5 were. I can't imagine ABC doing that. I think it was intended only for Naomi and Melissa to hear it.
    I think you're right. I tune into KISS-FM regularly and have not heard of this session being aired "live".

I saw Chris Harrison on the Ellen DeGeneres show Monday. I had to laugh when Ellen asked him if all the women stayed drunk most of the time. Also, asked if these women went on the show to get their 15 minutes of fame. Chris said sometimes. She also asked about DeAnna Pappas coming back on the show and if she will hook up with Jason. Chris said she would be back.
    I'm curious about when but he didn't say.

This is interesting, Bachelorette DeAnna’s New Job: Wedding Show Host! - PEOPLE TV Watch

Can't for the life of me figure out what self centered DeAnna would have to offer in the way of a wedding show host. She came across as dumb as a rock to me.

FORT Regular

So far, it's looking like Jason's more into Jillian than she is ready to return emotionally. That's got to make him nervous, but often these kinds of gambles have the most potential for the long run.

It seems like Melissa's might be a fallback choice because he obviously likes here and it's so obvious how much she is into him and already willing to take on the role of his wife.

Perhaps it's the edit, but I don't see any of the same two-way electricity between Jason and Molly or Naomi.

Intriguing, to say the least.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=smilingmomof3;3302552;]I actually liked this week. . . where children are involved, plans will change. The reality of Jason's life with his son was refreshing. Come on, this is how most of us live our lives. . . lots of romance planned but sick kids and real life parenting issues will interrupt. . .

I think Jason with Melissa is just about as real and comfortable as it gets. She trusts him, she is open with him and she understands how to do the dishes. She has also had a real life exposure to the fact that a young child comes first and that is just how it will be with Jason. . . I think Jason enjoyed seeing her in his house and imagining a life where they are hanging out at home together sharing ice cream while Ty sleeps. . . it is just a very nice, cozy picture and Melissa fits perfectly. Jason is nothing if not relaxed and real. Melissa is also relaxed and real - and the chemistry is palpable.

Except that's not his house, it's a prop. They pulled the poor kid out of his house in Kirkland and stuck him in an unfamiliar set, no reason to do that unless the whole "canceled date" was set up in advance.

FORT Fogey

Melissa (or Molly or Jillian) would get zero "I'm his ALL" time. Pretty major adjustment to a young woman's idea of "bride".

I'll bet Stephanie was Daddy's Little Princess back in the day. And grew up to have a good heart.

All this "no chemistry" stuff. I've concluded it's JASON. What have we seen of him besides shirtless, that impresses? Certainly not his conversational skills. Or seduction ones.

+ Reply to Thread