+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 2/02 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 2/02 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by GracieJardine;3300871;
    [Re: Naomi & Jesse] They really would be perfect. The producers should put them in touch after the show.
    A spin-off. Bachelor Hookups.
    Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3300881;
    Is it just me or do many of these women have abnormally large teeth that make them look like predators?
    It's the year of the overbite.
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;3300888;
    Was Naomi on a different date than Jason? He looked like he was ready for it to end! I like Naomi, but come on! He's so easy to read! How could she miss it?
    He's very easy to read. She's just not looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3301113;
    How come no one is calling him "Blob II" or is it "kissing bandit"?
    The difference is that Blob believed his (Oprah & Fleiss) PR, that he really was God's gift to women. Jason is just taking advantage of a momentary opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3300892;
    He wants Jillian to be in love with him. All of them have to be in love with him, but he only has to be in love with one of them. Conceited jerk.
    ... Who is following the premise of this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3300893;
    These girls are definitely friends. More so than other seasons. Or they're editing it that way.
    Well, the final 5, but not before. Remember Megan and Erica?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy_Sue;3301368;
    I was watching the Chris/Jason lady recap and when Jason was talking to Stephanie about Sophia when she had the wheel of the boat, the background was a BLUE SCREEN!! Just hope you noticed that also. I couldn't believe it!
    Watch it again carefully. I thought it was a blue screen for a moment too. It's just the late evening evening sky. Look where they enter the pilothouse of the boat, right where she grabs the wheel. You can see trees and lit buildings below the deep blue sky.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 02-03-2009 at 06:36 AM.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

FORT Fanatic

I noticed the captain hanging around in one of the shots too. He wasn't leaving Stephanie to drive his boat alone! With all the camera people and other film crew around plus assorted other people, every conversation has to be phony.

Crystal Allen

Quote Originally Posted by MTI422;3301144;
    She should have no problem finding someone much better, especially after saying in the radio interview that she will make sure he's taken care of.
    There is no way that radio show was actually broadcast. Everyone who heard it would have known who at least 3 of the F5 were. I can't imagine ABC doing that. I think it was intended only for Naomi and Melissa to hear it.

And count me as one who HATED that whole broken date thing. For one thing, it was so ridiculously transparent that Jason intended it to happen to see how Melissa would react to having to cater to Ty. . He was not leaving Ty alone, so where was the aunt or grandmother who would have been watching him? Also, doesn't Jason live with his brother? So if nobody was there to watch Ty, wouldn't he just have said "OK, Uncle _____ is going to take care of you tonight. See you tomorrow." And I'm not sure of the timeline as far as the evening went, but Ty is 4, so his bedtime must be pretty early, therefore he'd have been asleep most of the time Jason would have been out. He was asleep while Melissa was there, so what would have been the difference if he were gone?

I was watching it with my mom and she said "Seriously? If a man told me he had to break a date because his kid didn't want him to go that would be a huge problem. You don't ask a kid if it's ok for you to go out. You tell the kid it's your grownup time and they'll have fun with the babysitter and you go. If you let the kid dictate your actions, you're setting yourself up for trouble."

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3300881;
    Is it just me or do many of these women have abnormally large teeth that make them look like predators?
    It's not just you. Melissa has large teeth.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees;3301536;
    There is no way that radio show was actually broadcast. Everyone who heard it would have known who at least 3 of the F5 were. I can't imagine ABC doing that. I think it was intended only for Naomi and Melissa to hear it.

And count me as one who HATED that whole broken date thing. For one thing, it was so ridiculously transparent that Jason intended it to happen to see how Melissa would react to having to cater to Ty. . He was not leaving Ty alone, so where was the aunt or grandmother who would have been watching him? Also, doesn't Jason live with his brother? So if nobody was there to watch Ty, wouldn't he just have said "OK, Uncle _____ is going to take care of you tonight. See you tomorrow." And I'm not sure of the timeline as far as the evening went, but Ty is 4, so his bedtime must be pretty early, therefore he'd have been asleep most of the time Jason would have been out. He was asleep while Melissa was there, so what would have been the difference if he were gone?

I was watching it with my mom and she said "Seriously? If a man told me he had to break a date because his kid didn't want him to go that would be a huge problem. You don't ask a kid if it's ok for you to go out. You tell the kid it's your grownup time and they'll have fun with the babysitter and you go. If you let the kid dictate your actions, you're setting yourself up for trouble."
    I completely agree. But he has that weird "buddy" relationship with Ty anyway. He thinks it is good now, but Ty needs a dad, not a "buddy."

FORT Newbie

I hope it's okay to quote another member from the Steph thread?:

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3301345;
    I'm still wondering what she mouthed right before Jason walked her out. She looked at Melissa and said "One of you girls make him happy," or something like that, and then she mouthed another sentence that I didn't catch.
    anyone know? I actually signed up for an account here last night specifically to see if anyone else had caught it & figured it out, haha!

Hi everyone!

Crystal Allen

The other thing on which I have to call bullsh*t is the whole "what will it be like when I visit your family?" conversation with Melissa. Melissa had to have known that her family was not going to go along with having the cameras/reality show setup. Clearly before she went on the show, and especially if they knew there was a good chance she'd go far if the rumor is true that they'd already met, she'd have talked to them about the hometown date. Therefore she must have known when Jason asked her about it that her parents were not going to go along with her being on a reality show. For all we know, they might have hated her being a DCC and hated her being on "Making the Team".

I have trouble believing she wasn't lying or leading Jason on (or was told to do so) when she said he'd meet her parents. Maybe she out and out lied and knew the parents would not go for it but assumed he would not give her a rose if he knew her parents were against meeting him. We did hear that voiceover about her saying "how can you propose to a woman if you don't meet her parents?" or something like that.

Maybe she wanted to be honest and just tell him but the producers said not to, or maybe she told them "My mom and dad won't allow filming or be part of the show" but the convinced her they'd try to make it work or not to tell Jason just yet because maybe the producers could convince them.

They also made it ridiculously obvious (if you did not already know) that Stephanie was getting cut that night when they never showed a conversation with her about meeting her family when they did so with every other girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees;3301536;
    While in normal circumstances I would probably agree with this, in this particular instance, I don't. Unless I totally have the timing all wrong, he had been away from Ty for at least a week, and Ty is feeling a little insecure because his Dad is always gone. So when he finally gets to see his Dad and spend some time with him he wants to hang onto him as long as possible. My daughter at that age was the same way - if I came home from a trip away and said "sweetie, good to see you, I love you and all, but I'm going out again and leaving you here -again- with your Uncle/Aunt/babysitter and I'll see you in the morning!" at that age she would have been clingy and whiny and needy, not unlike Ty was last night. The guilt trip is HUGE. I don't see it as letting your child dictate your actions so much as "I have not spent any quality time with my child in awhile and he clearly wants me to, so I am going to try and re-arrange my evening to accomodate both him AND my date this evening." He has made it abundantly clear that Ty comes first in his life and he always will. I get that.
    Last edited by ElizabethG; 02-03-2009 at 11:18 AM.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees;3301641;
    The other thing on which I have to call bullsh*t is the whole "what will it be like when I visit your family?" conversation with Melissa. Melissa had to have known that her family was not going to go along with having the cameras/reality show setup. Clearly before she went on the show, and especially if they knew there was a good chance she'd go far if the rumor is true that they'd already met, she'd have talked to them about the hometown date. Therefore she must have known when Jason asked her about it that her parents were not going to go along with her being on a reality show. For all we know, they might have hated her being a DCC and hated her being on "Making the Team".

I have trouble believing she wasn't lying or leading Jason on (or was told to do so) when she said he'd meet her parents. Maybe she out and out lied and knew the parents would not go for it but assumed he would not give her a rose if he knew her parents were against meeting him. We did hear that voiceover about her saying "how can you propose to a woman if you don't meet her parents?" or something like that.
    Now with this one, how do we know for sure that Jason didn't actually meet Melissa's parents/family off camera? Admittedly, I fell asleep last night before they showed the previews for next week, but is it for certain that he went to Dallas and didn't meet them at all? Maybe they agreed to meet Jason but on their terms, which appears to be NOT filmed. I really don't think she was lying or leading him on, I just think there is more to it than we realize. I'm just sayin'......
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Watching Melissa last night, I can't for the life of me understand why an attractive, single, childless woman in her early/mid-20's would want to be cleaning up after another woman's toddler. Blended families are a different story, but I must say that I think these younger women with no baggage are completely out of their minds. It's one thing to be Stephanie, who is in her 30's and already has a child, and quite another to be Melissa, who's barely past college-age and probably doesn't even have a cat to look after.

I see no *connection* or special bond between Jason & any of these women. More than any other season, it seems incredibly superficial and Jason is very guarded speaking to and even kissing these women. I think he really did like Stephanie as a person and was probably honestly upset at the thought of hurting her feelings, but he doesn't seem romantically into any of them. I know he is not that much older than the 20-somethings, but his demeanor is far more mature - most of the women seem like giggling schoolgirls compared to him. I'm sure they are very nice girls for the most part, but woefully misguided in their pursuit of this man.

This whole season is an error in judgement, IMO - the little boy doesn't need cameras filming his rare private moments with his dad (I'm assuming they must be rare since Jason has been on TV so often as of late) and I'm also annoyed with Jason's ex for permitting this circus to be filmed around her son.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread