+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3291478;
    I still don't get why Jason kissed Lauren.
    Essentially because it's expected. Production of this sort of reality show creates an atmosphere where that sort of behavior is encouraged. She asked to be kissed, therefore indulging fits the scene. Had he not kissed her under those circumstances, I don't think they would have used the footage.

Probably a more revealing question is why Lauren felt the need to be kissed. I thought she would be a front-runner, and clearly Jason liked her looks. She has both that glamor thing and that girl-next-door thing working for her. I shouldn't have been surprised to find out she was Miss United-Florida-Jersey-States-of-Marlboro or whatever it was she did.

Everyone's attracted to her. I guess she's used to that, and she's obviously very competitive. It must have killed her that Jason wasn't puppy-dogging her the way every other guy must. So she was irritated when she "lost" the singing challenge, and felt the need to win. I'm sure she's a nice girl and quite a catch, but she was not in the final nine for the right reasons.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3292666;
    I think Shannon is a very nice woman. I am glad when she didn't get the final rose, that she walked away with dignity, unlike Lauren.
    yeah shannon is a nice girl...a little out there. lauren is just bitter. i think she is used to getting her way and for once she didnt. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3291069;
    I think it was pretty obvious here that Shannon let on that she wanted to go home before the rose ceremony and that she wouldn't accept the rose if offered like Graham from DeAnna's season. They don't want to show one of the girls not accepting the rose from Jason so he was likely tipped off before he said Shannon's name and just didn't hand out the rose at all. Of course they make it look like it was Jason's decision, like they did with DeAnna, but in truth it is to save face.

This makes sense because if Shannon wasn't feeling Jason, then why put yourself through the final four mess. At that point you never hang out with the rest of the girls again until you are standing next to them at the RCs (and even then you aren't allowed to talk to them). At this point the girls are spent! Being up (and always ON) 18-20 hours a day 7 days a week takes a toll and the uncertainty of the outcome (or worse, knowing you won't win but kept around for entertainment value) along with risking your job back home makes it an easy choice for some people to bow out gracefully (letting it appear as though you didn't get a rose when in fact you would have had you not asked to leave).

Remember, the editing process takes into account the ending, and they have to give some sort of suggestion or justification for letting people go. They have enough footage of you to make you look pretty much any way they want to by shooting you at all hours of the day and night when you are exhausted and look terrible (to justify getting cut) or in the middle of the day playing in the pool or getting along great with everyone while they are all in great moods (to add support for how great you are). Sometimes, they get people who are just not mean spirited and never give them anything to justify a cut, so they do their best to make you look suspicious or like you are holding back and don't really show the real fun you were having and how great you really got along with everyone. I am sure Shannon is a fun and totally normal young woman but fell victim to not wanting to play the game so she got thrown under the bus by the editing team.
    Wow, this post should be the lead post it message on every bachelor/bachelorette thread. Graham left of his own free will, not as the show edited, because de wanted him to leave.

Thanks for making it clear that the edit is done after the show and the results of the FRC are already known. As obvious as that might seem, some viewers may not realize it.

All the guys from your season should do a special on the bachelor where you reveal the truth about the show.

I am glad you are happy and have found love outside of Fleiss' domain.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3291315;
    Sounds like someone's true experience, projected onto Shannon's, LOL. But I guess I'd accept that by the end of that "week" at the cocktail party she recognized she was being rejected as a romantic interest altogether. But prior to that night, she sure gave the Avid editor an awful lot to work with in terms of establishing her own continued wish for a relationship with Jason. The sense is that she eventually wanted to leave because Jason wasn't into her, not (a la Graham) that he was freaked out by his own lack of attachment to Deanna, as compared to her pathological need to force him to F1 position.
    Yes, I sense too that Shannon realized Jason was not into her, but she was very into him. Maybe she told the producers after he didn't want to kiss her (with the snot and everything lol), that she wanted to go. But I have a feeling Jason's intention was never to give her a rose that night. Her possible comments to the producers may have just coincided with his plan to reject her. But I know nothing about the truth on this matter..just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDerFull2009;3293883;
    yeah shannon is a nice girl...a little out there. lauren is just bitter. i think she is used to getting her way and for once she didnt. IMO
    ITA, OneDerFull. ITA

From Megan's interview, it seems the rose would have went to her.

I guess we will never know what happened in the decision room. Jason didn't say in the blog.

Who is John Galt?

I have completely stopped watching and don't even tape the show. I read the episode recaps, but even those are boring. I like Jason, the girls seem nice enough, but I just can't get into the show this year. Jason does not have the type of personality that translates well into Reality TV (a poor choice for the Bachelor IMO). He may be a great guy, but his personality is just too introverted for TV. But, overall, I think I am done with this show. If they showed a real romance developing instead of concentrating on establishing a "mystery" of who the F1 is, I would enjoy it more. The editing sucks. This show has just become beyond boring. Put a fork in it already - it's done!

Get this: So last Monday night I was watching The Bachelor as usual upstairs in my house in my stepdaughter's room while hubby and both girls were downstairs with the main television in living room. None of them care anything about watching the Bachelor at all. After the episode is over, I go downstairs to join them again and stepdaughter turns to me and says, "well, was your show any good?" I say, "yeah, it was great" and start to tell her about it. About halfway through I notice she is grimacing and shaking her head and I stop and ask her "what?" She just sighs and says with complete seriousness "I don't see how you can watch that show, it's just so fake". And with that, she turns back to watching one of her favorite shows......WWE's "Monday Night Raw" wrestling.

I was speechless....for about 5 seconds. Then I just rolled!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3296768;
    Get this: So last Monday night I was watching The Bachelor as usual upstairs in my house in my stepdaughter's room while hubby and both girls were downstairs with the main television in living room. None of them care anything about watching the Bachelor at all. After the episode is over, I go downstairs to join them again and stepdaughter turns to me and says, "well, was your show any good?" I say, "yeah, it was great" and start to tell her about it. About halfway through I notice she is grimacing and shaking her head and I stop and ask her "what?" She just sighs and says with complete seriousness "I don't see how you can watch that show, it's just so fake". And with that, she turns back to watching one of her favorite shows......WWE's "Monday Night Raw" wrestling.

I was speechless....for about 5 seconds. Then I just rolled!
    What? I don't get it.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fan

Shannon didn't seem aware that most guys are not into girls that seem desperate, and she came across as very desperate. Lauren didn't seem to know that most guys, especially one who is in the driver's seat the way Jason is now, don't want to be told what to do ("You need to give me a rose.")

+ Reply to Thread