+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3291478;
    I still don't get why Jason kissed Lauren.
    I think my eyes are starting to cross. I read that as Jessica kissing Lauren and wondered just what in world you were watching and who was this Jessica person?

To shut her up?

FORT Fanatic

because he can?

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3291315;
    Sounds like someone's true experience, projected onto Shannon's, LOL. But I guess I'd accept that by the end of that "week" at the cocktail party she recognized she was being rejected as a romantic interest altogether. But prior to that night, she sure gave the Avid editor an awful lot to work with in terms of establishing her own continued wish for a relationship with Jason. The sense is that she eventually wanted to leave because Jason wasn't into her, not (a la Graham) that he was freaked out by his own lack of attachment to Deanna, as compared to her pathological need to force him to F1 position.

As far as the original post, I have to say that ultimately you are responsible for what you do and say. TPTB can edit a lot and try to distort someone, but in the end the truth usually comes out.

Shannon knew a ton of facts about Jason's life. If that's the way she goes about getting a guy, then she's in for trouble. She was so busy reciting fact after fact in his biography, that she forgot to actually get to know him. Nobody put words in her mouth, nobody made her dress or look the way she did, nobody made her beg and plead and nobody made her throw up.

I am not saying that TPTB were right in letting us hear that particular act, but still and all, Shannon did this to herself.

I think of Jeremy when I hear someone trying to justify a person's bizarre conduct on this show. As a lawyer, he was always conscious of what he said and did. As a consequence, he sometimes seemed to be too calculating or serious. He wasn't willing to jeopardize his hard earned career in law. The worst thing was when he went back to talk to Deanna and, as we all know now, that actually did occur the later that night, not weeks later as TPTB tried to make it seem. So he didn't look that good. But Jeremy took responsibility for himself and in the end, he didn't really have to worry about his image. He made sure that he didn't let himself do anything that would cause a law firm to have second thoughts about hiring him.

Shannon is responsible for her actions on this show. I think that she was in love with the idea of being in love and in love with the idea of Jason, not the actual man.

The only reason I could find it plausible that she might have wanted off the show, is last week when she muttered that she hated being there as she went to throw up in the bathroom. I genuinely felt bad for her getting so upset with the drama and the tension. Maybe she couldn't or didn't want to have to deal with the women anymore. But nobody distorted or changed that scene where she told Jason that she would NOT let him let her go. Those were her words. She begged and pleaded and made herself look bad.

I wish I could watch this show together with you guys. I am always so late.

Just finished watching and I am so curious to next week after watching the preview.

I do not like Holly. Glad that Lauren is gone. I did like Shannon.

One thing I also noticed he is really into Melissa. Constantly looking for her an touching her. I really like Stephanie but it seems he is not that much into her and I am pissed off if that is the case and he is leading her on.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3291510;
    To shut her up?
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3291594;
    because he can?
    Yep, dagwood and babyfat101 pretty much hit the nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;3291863;
    Yep, dagwood and babyfat101 pretty much hit the nail on the head!
    hahaha so true!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3291315;
    Sounds like someone's true experience, projected onto Shannon's, LOL. But I guess I'd accept that by the end of that "week" at the cocktail party she recognized she was being rejected as a romantic interest altogether. But prior to that night, she sure gave the Avid editor an awful lot to work with in terms of establishing her own continued wish for a relationship with Jason. The sense is that she eventually wanted to leave because Jason wasn't into her, not (a la Graham) that he was freaked out by his own lack of attachment to Deanna, as compared to her pathological need to force him to F1 position.
    Yeah, it would seem that Jason was cruel only to be kind at the end by not giving her a rose. It seemed his choice rather than Shannon's. I'm really glad that Shannon surmised from Jason's kiss-snub that Jason wasn't going to choose her (that look of resignation on her face at the RC was unmistakable). Still, I wonder if she held out a tiny hope even at the RC. She did exit with some grace at the end. I liked Shannon and unfortunately for her, she was the subplot story editor's Dream Girl.

I think Shannon is a very nice woman. I am glad when she didn't get the final rose, that she walked away with dignity, unlike Lauren.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3292666;
    I think Shannon is a very nice woman. I am glad when she didn't get the final rose, that she walked away with dignity, unlike Lauren.

With all due respect, do you think it was dignified for Shannon to blow her nose, pick her nose and then try to kiss Jason? I am not surprised that he backed off. Wouldn't you? If it finally made Shannon realize that he was not seriously interested in her, then that's something she needed to know.

Yes, she did indeed look kind of resigned at the RC. She made a nice exit and that was to her credit. I don't know this woman. I hear all the time about Fleiss and the editing. My answer is always the same. I can only go by what I see. No one made her say the things she said. I am sorry that she felt the need to beg and plead with Jason and tell him that she wouldn't let him let her go. That was unfortunate.

I wish her well and hope she is doing fine.

+ Reply to Thread