+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 1/26 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Originally Posted by graycat11
    Last night I didn't see any chemistry between Stephanie and Jason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;3290662;
    I didn't either. She's too stiff. She seems like a nice person, and in the outtakes from the girls' house, she looks like she is fun-loving, but when she's with Jason, she's just stiff... (with a stiff forehead and scary eyebrows).
    Even when they were dancing, she was so stiff and she had the experience of teaching dance lessons (thought that was what she said). thought Nikki was the one Jason was having more fun with. I think Stephanie fed Jason all the right answers when he asked if they would relocate to Seatttle, WA.

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;3290662;
    I didn't either. She's too stiff. She seems like a nice person, and in the outtakes from the girls' house, she looks like she is fun-loving, but when she's with Jason, she's just stiff... (with a stiff forehead and scary eyebrows).
    I agree that there is no chemistry between Stephanie and Jason, witnessed by the stiffness each felt for the other while dancing or while kissing. I haven't seen anyone comment how much older she looks than Jason, more like she could be his mother than his wife. She's much too serious and aloof for Jason. Her very 1940s hair styling doesn't help at all to make her look more youthful.

My bet is that Melissa will be chosen at the end. I loved the way he pulled her toward him and hugged her in the (what looked like) an egg-shaped chair, very natural and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by annifran;3290939;
    I agree that there is no chemistry between Stephanie and Jason, witnessed by the stiffness each felt for the other while dancing or while kissing. I haven't seen anyone comment how much older she looks than Jason, more like she could be his mother than his wife. She's much too serious and aloof for Jason. Her very 1940s hair styling doesn't help at all to make her look more youthful.

My bet is that Melissa will be chosen at the end. I loved the way he pulled her toward him and hugged her in the (what looked like) an egg-shaped chair, very natural and comfortable.

I am a little late getting here and I did take the time to read all of the comments. At least I know that a lot of what I was feeling watching the show last night, was the same as many here.

You know it's getting bad when you get up and start doing other things in the house while this show is on. That's always a bad sign as far as I am concerned. Also, I found myself looking at the clock repeatedly to see what time it was and it seemed as though it was going too slow. But I made it a point to pay attention to Molly's date with Jason. I wanted to find out if there really is anything to this girl. Her conversation with Jason while they were eating was so banal. When he asked her at one point, What do you mean by that?, I said Hurray, this guy also is clueless as to what on earth the girl is talking about. I found her vapid and superficial and phony. I guess for Jason it's her eyes? I just don't know.

I have to say that I did feel sympathy for Nikki. I knew she was gone when they said it was her and Stephanie. She did finally open up, but I think it was too little, too late. Also, it's quite possible that Jason feels that someone who was in such a long term relationship and hasn't dated much since, needs to have more time before they are ready to settle down. Nikki showed all her insecurities. It's kind of sad that she feels that she has to be perfect. She made herself crazy trying to be what she thought Jason wanted, when in the end all she needed to do was be herself. I wanted to grab her and hug her and tell her to just be her true self and then she will meet the right guy. The person who truly loves you will love you for both your strengths and weaknesses. I hope she learns that soon.

I hated seeing Jason kissing all the girls. That was way too much for my taste. I kind of get why TPTB were hiding Melissa and Jason so much. When Melissa got so upset watching Jason kissing the other girls, he sensed it and made sure to pull her aside for some one-on-one time. That's when you could really see how much he likes her. I remember him stroking her hands gently. Then at one point he kisses her and pushes her back on the chair. It's really pretty obvious that she is the ONE.

Lauren was a beyotch. I haven't liked her since she tried to manipulate Jason into reassuring her about two episodes back. But she really blew it big time when she asked him why he kept Megan. Big mistake. Huge. Then she has the gall to demand that he give her a rose. That was it for her.

It is so painfully obvious that there is no chemistry between Jason and Stephanie. He wants to like her, but it's just not there. Their kiss had all the appeal of left over oatmeal. He respects her as a person, but there is no romance. I hope he lets her go soon. I think Stephanie kind of wants Jason to be the one to replace her late husband. She is attracted to him, but I don't think she really is falling in love with him.

I don't think there is much more to say about Shannon. Everyone else pretty much summed it up. If he didn't get rid of her last night, I would have sent HIM to a mental hospital. It was painful to watch her begging and pleading.

I guess he picked the best of a pretty mediocre group of girls. I am liking Melissa more now. She does seem to be falling for him. I totally understand why they haven't shown more of them together. Jason truly is incapable of hiding his feelings.

FORT Fanatic

Note to self:
    If you demand a rose and don’t get one…NOT good.
    If you go in for a kiss and get a peck back…NOT good.
    If he doesn’t have any desire to kiss you at all…NOT good.

Lauren, Shannon and Megan should have seen their departure coming.

Thought it interesting that Melissa states how she would have liked the one on one date back at Jason’s house…to see what it’s like to spend a Saturday nite at his place, just the 2 of them. Ahhh…I think she forgot about his little sidekick that lives with him.

Too bad Nikki is trying sooo hard to be “perfect” with her looks [except for those sideburns], but has forgotten to work on her thinking/personality/way of life. she can certainly attract them in, but once they get to know her…RUN!

Re Melissa’s GH scene: When they first came out of hair and make up, wasn’t she wearing a patient gown? If so, maybe it was her who was on the gurney that Shannon and Jason were pushing into the operating room.

FORT Newbie

First post, just read, but I haven't seen this question and hope I'm putting it in the right place...

Whats up with the phone call to Melissa re: Jason having to cancel their one-on-one date next week??? Anyone know the answer to this...

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;3290113;
    I am surprised how well Shannon took the rejection from Jason. lol
    I think it was pretty obvious here that Shannon let on that she wanted to go home before the rose ceremony and that she wouldn't accept the rose if offered like Graham from DeAnna's season. They don't want to show one of the girls not accepting the rose from Jason so he was likely tipped off before he said Shannon's name and just didn't hand out the rose at all. Of course they make it look like it was Jason's decision, like they did with DeAnna, but in truth it is to save face.

This makes sense because if Shannon wasn't feeling Jason, then why put yourself through the final four mess. At that point you never hang out with the rest of the girls again until you are standing next to them at the RCs (and even then you aren't allowed to talk to them). At this point the girls are spent! Being up (and always ON) 18-20 hours a day 7 days a week takes a toll and the uncertainty of the outcome (or worse, knowing you won't win but kept around for entertainment value) along with risking your job back home makes it an easy choice for some people to bow out gracefully (letting it appear as though you didn't get a rose when in fact you would have had you not asked to leave).

Remember, the editing process takes into account the ending, and they have to give some sort of suggestion or justification for letting people go. They have enough footage of you to make you look pretty much any way they want to by shooting you at all hours of the day and night when you are exhausted and look terrible (to justify getting cut) or in the middle of the day playing in the pool or getting along great with everyone while they are all in great moods (to add support for how great you are). Sometimes, they get people who are just not mean spirited and never give them anything to justify a cut, so they do their best to make you look suspicious or like you are holding back and don't really show the real fun you were having and how great you really got along with everyone. I am sure Shannon is a fun and totally normal young woman but fell victim to not wanting to play the game so she got thrown under the bus by the editing team.
    Last edited by PunkyBachelor; 01-27-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks for being the voice of reasoned experience. If I had had cameras follow me to the bathroom where I puked, I wouldn't be particularly amenable to them either.

FORT Fogey

Aramcobrat says--

"My first and biggest thing was, what on earth was up with Nikki's "sideburns"??? Did anyone else notice them? I thought I saw something strange on an earlier shot, but then on the date, when her hair was up, I really saw them. It was like they were actual sideburns. Or else a thick hunk of hair was cut to look like them? "

Thanks so much for mentioning those! Once I noticed them I couldn't take my eyes of of those. What was up with those?

It made me think of someone who was wearing a wig and just a bit of their real hair was showing.

Not an attractive look at all.

It is really obvious when he's just not that into someone huh??!!! I noticed that too.... he really needs some lessons in keeping his expressions to a minimum.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

About Jason's facial expressions--

I really noticed tios last night--especially when he was reactin to something that was said that he didn't like or didn't agree with.

His eyes get squinty very quickly and then open again.

The body language translation would be--"I don't see it that way at all."

The expression makes him look "hard" and somewhat calculating.

I think that in most of his life he tries to keep a rather bland face so that when something does make him react the reaction is much more noticeable.

I wonder if he's from one of those families that told him that "People don't make faces" and/or "It's not nice to show your feelings to strangers."

Something like that.

I have always felt that he has a facade behind which the world of Jason's "real" feelings hides out.

But once in a while real feeling breaks through--like when he kisssed Deanna for the first time--an especially overt example.

Or when he was disapproving of what someone said in a one-on-one conversation last night. Sorry I can't say who the woman was--there are several dark-haired women who still confuse me.
    Mea culpa

As for all the kissing.

For me it's just part of the process--though it does seem a little unbelievable that he could kiss full-throttle like that with so many different women on the same night.

+ Reply to Thread