+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 1/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

I am trying to watch this show and indeed it is a very trying experience. This is one of the worst shows ever. Just because a participant tugs at our collective heartstrings on a previous Bachelor/Bachelorette, does not mean they can actually sustain a show. Sometimes a little goes a long way-fame certainly did not become Deanna and I do not think Jason is faring well either. I am totally turned off and bored-perhaps because there is so little doubt as to the final outcome. The producers need to do a total revamp on their thinking and where is Fleiss-I hate to admit that I totally miss his ability to muddy the waters and confuse us-what a loss and what a flop!

FORT Fan

I don't post often, but I also have some thoughts about last night.
    Megan, obviously, IS shallow. Did you notice every time she said something stupid (fetus's breastfeeding, breastfeeding after a mastectomy---obviously she needs to look that term up) they cut to an interview of her saying how "deep" she was..............The TPTB were totally making fun of her.
    Shannon....poor thing. totally in love with the thought of Jason. bless her heart. She will make someone a good wife, just not Jason.
    Stephanie is sorta spooky. The whole close your eyes kissing thing was icky. He didn't love kissing her.
    Megan is a bee-atch through and through, and Lauren is a snob.
    Molly and Naomi are becoming believable to him. Molly,not to me so much-- Naomi seems sweetish.
    Jillian is so down to earth. while they are a lot alike, he's not as "into her" as he is Melissa
    Melissa and Jason "fit"....I notice that physically, they really do melt together...mold together. He looks at her and touches her like no other. She's about as down to earth, animated, and natural as anyone I have seen on this show
    Did I leave anyone out? I'm all for Mel to be F1 just based on their interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by tmpray;3283218;
    If Stephanie was really in this for love, then she should stop talking about her husband's death. I know it was traumatic, but she's supposedly there to get to know Jason. It's not going to happen if Stephanie is constantly talking about her ex-husband and finding a father for Sophie.
    Why would Stephanie uproot her daughter from the only home and support system she's known (I'm assuming family members were around to help Stephanie in the days and weeks following her husband's death) and move to Seattle to blend a family with someone she's known for less than 3 months and had to share with other women?

That said, she does seem like a nice person who has a mother-hen quality in the house and also a fun side. I just can't imagine leaving my child, knowing I'd be away for her birthday, if I were the only parent my child has known.

Sometimes Jason reminds me of Tony Shaloub / Adrian Monk, especially when he does the gritted teeth smile, though he's totally lacking in picking up on clues or asking probing questions of the women he is with. He doesn't seem to make the most of his time with the women for anything other than kissing.

I do respect him for not leading women on if he feels no chemistry (swinging hair Natalie comes to mind).

The kiss with control-freak Nikki (Anne Hathaway/Michael Jackson) was awkward, as was the cleavage peeking out from the "fun" dress she wore to the rose ceremony.

Shannon got the sympathy stomach bug rose, but needs to go. When she's not stalking him, she's going on and on about being able to touch him and have him touch her. It's not as if he put plaster on her without prompting from her. I agree with other posts about her ugly Mrs. Roper dress, hangover hair and no eyeliner.

And I don't think I've seen anyone else mention this - please forgive me if I missed it... but what about in Megan's one-on-one time when she said she's such a giver and it had been like a week since someone thanked her for being god's gift to humanity (ok, I'm paraphrasing a bit, but not much), and she was missing that. That was the precise moment that I started gagging.
    Me too! That was so awful and funny at the same time! And Jason just nods, like he completely agrees and understands her sentiment. Idiot.

Megan scares me, too, with her queer sense of self-importance. And that stuff about fetuses breastfeedings (uh, no, fetuses don't breast feed, only late-term babies develop the sucking instinct and they don't have breasts in utero). And going on and on about giving back -- I got the clear sense she thinks she's above the other women because she's a school lacrosse coach who "gives back" because of her job. Whatever, Megan.

And she totally got up and went to eavesdrop on the conversation with Jason. I don't fault the chick who spilled about Erica and Megan because Jason asked her a direct question. Which I find annoying of him more than her. Why didn't he ask Natalie who in the heck she was referring to? Clearly Natalie wanted to talk about it (and vent!).

Erica--no loss seeing her go. She always screamed "trashy" to me. Her dresses, the way she carries herself, her vocabulary (and swearing). Urgh.

Melissa's once-big boobies--that was an interesting story. I noticed how she was draped over Jason a the boob event (what a stupid event--great cause, but who would bid on those "works of non-art"?)

Stephanie--she seemed to think it was the height of awesome for her daughter to tag along on their date. While yes, it was great she got to see her daughter on her birthday, it was NOT a good thing for their relationship. Once the kid arrived, did either of them say anything that wasn't about her? I didn't think so. Stephanie's eyebrows continue to bug -- did she have a brow lift? Very nice woman, but I see no sparks with Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky;3285169;
    Stephanie's eyebrows continue to bug -- did she have a brow lift? Very nice woman, but I see no sparks with Jason.
    I'm thinking botox. I don't think I've seen that woman's eyebrows move at all. Doesn't botox do that to you?

Stephanie is not "right" for Jason. They appear to have developed a friendship more than anything else.

Two words. Wait...is trainwreck one word or two? Maybe I only need one word.

They could put 24 rocks in that 'mansion' with one woman....and Jason would still find love. He wants it that much. I think that pretty much explains why they didn't bother with that whole screening process for the women. This is a very unseemly group.

Of the remaining contestants-cum-soulmates...

Stephanie -- Nice woman. Sweet. I love her more every week. But, I just do not see her giving up her life in Alabama any more than I see Jason giving up his in Seattle. Too bad, because I think she is a good woman and would be good to him, good to his family, just plain good. He could do a lot worse than to just marry her and live happily ever after. She doesn't need all that cosmetic work, she has a lot of inner beauty and she should let that shine through.

Jillian -- If I had a brother, I'd want him to marry her. She's the girl next door. Gorgeous, fun, naturalistic.

Melissa -- I think she's cute, I think she's fun, I think she's nice. But, who really knows, because they've hardly shown anything other than that white hot beach/helicopter romance. He seemed to enjoy it but I'm not sure she's ready for this gig, though.

Other than that, the man has wayyyyy too many roses on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3285536;
    They could put 24 rocks in that 'mansion' with one woman....and Jason would still find love. He wants it that much.
    You are so right. I wasn't at all surprised to hear Jason say he's engaged. I felt a little disappointed because he should've waited to spend real world time with his F1, especially because Ty is in the picture, but I wasn't surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by DW_a_mom;3284823;
    It occured to me while reading these last few comments that there could be a reason that Jason is concerned about how the women are dealing with the situation in the house, and that is the simple fact that whoever he marries is going to have to deal with his ex. If they can't manage the situation in the house, will they be able to manage dealings with the ex, without creating unecessary drama?

I think that after hearing the drama was between Erica and Megan, he let go the one of the pair he really wasn't interested in anyway. Without the pair, he can get a better sense of who the source is.
    I thought about your comments regarding Jason's concern about the so-called troublemakers in the house. While I think you make a good argument, I don't necessarily think the analogy holds up.

I am not at all sure that the best way to find a woman who can get along with his ex-wife, is to look for a woman who can get along with everyone. The relationship between a stepmother and a mother is a very difficult one, even in the best of circumstances. The tension is inherently built into it. We don't really know much about his ex-wife and her relationship with Jason. That will be important in determining whether or not his fiance can get along with her.

I think that if this is indeed one of Jason's concerns, then he should look for someone who seems fairly easygoing and doesn't sweat the small stuff, someone who is not threatening or confrontational and handles stressful situations well. I am not sure that it's entirely fair to judge these woman based solely on their interactions with each other on this show. This has nothing to do with real life at all. This is the most unnatural of situations. You can be a nice person and still have trouble dealing with a bunch of women who are living in such close proximity and competing for one man.

[edit]

Talking about your boob reduction ? Im sorry I just dont get it. Altho she was funny when she said she hoped she was having a good boob day

Jillian was great again. I really like her.

Stephanie date was so sweet. I loved it! She is my fav

Are we getting the same bull as Deannas season? It looks that way. Waiting til the hometown dates to suddenly start showing a romance is not good.Just like Deannas season they arent showing us much of the supposed romance between Jason and Melissa. My fav season was Meridith with Ian. Why? Because you could actually see a love story unfolding. From what Ive seen I dont think Melissa is even remotely close to being ready to be a step mom. Stephanie said in her date she understood she wouldnt be Tys Mom but would be some one that would be there for him. Something like that. She gets it. I dont think Melissa does.

Im hoping it all works out for Jason but Im a pessimist and I dont think it will last with Melissa.

P.S Thank god Erica is gone! One drama queen down abt 3 more to go!
    ( Lauren, Megan,and Shannon)
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 01-21-2009 at 09:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread