+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 358

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

  1. #341
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    66

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3278890;
    He seems like a nice guy, but honestly, he is boring. Life with him would be coma inducing to anyone requiring some sort of stimulation on at least a semi-regular basis. And, as always, I feel that there is something a little off about someone who attempts to find their spouse on a reality program.
    I think if you're looking for a life-long partner, you need someone who's stable. Mr. Excitement who's always doing new and exciting things may be fun in the short term, but I don't think that's the type of person who makes for a 50-year committment.

    I don't know that I would classify Jason as boring. He seems like he's good at conversation and likes to have fun. He always seemed up to trying new things. I agree that's he's not the most exciting person they've had on the show, but I do think he would be best husband of all the bachelors they've had.
    Last edited by warrenn; 01-16-2009 at 11:59 AM.

  2. #342
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by warrenn;3280081;
    I think if you're looking for a life-long partner, you need someone who's stable. Mr. Excitement who's always doing new and exciting things may be fun in the short term, but I don't think that's the type of person who makes for a 50-year committment.

    I don't know that I would classify Jason as boring. He seems like he's good at conversation and likes to have fun. He always seemed up to trying new things. I agree that's he's not the most exciting person they've had on the show, but I do think he would be best husband of all the bachelors they've had.
    I'm completely aware of the importance of stability in a partner. I have been married for 21 years to a very stable man. However, I stand by my assertion that Jason is pleasant but dull. There doesn't appear to be any real depth to him and his ideas of what constitute fun (based on one of those "things he likes to do in real life" segments) seem to have come from a "Fun R Us" catalogue. I know a lot of people like that sort of thing and that is great. Some of us, though, prefer their stability mixed with a little depth, a little ingenuity, a little individuality. To anyone with an appreciation for genuine creativity and passion, someone like Jason just won't cut the mustard.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  3. #343
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    409

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    i think that a healthy thinking woman is looking for a nice guy with "edge". he has no edge.

  4. #344
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by warrenn;3280081;
    I think if you're looking for a life-long partner, you need someone who's stable. Mr. Excitement who's always doing new and exciting things may be fun in the short term, but I don't think that's the type of person who makes for a 50-year committment.

    I don't know that I would classify Jason as boring. He seems like he's good at conversation and likes to have fun. He always seemed up to trying new things. I agree that's he's not the most exciting person they've had on the show, but I do think he would be best husband of all the bachelors they've had.
    I think Jason's problem is that he wants a wife who is not like himself. He wants Mrs. Excitement, someone who sparkles and lights up the room and is up for any adventure. Jason has said that he doesn't stand out in a crowd and he has to work to get attention. I don't blame him for wanting the star, but he shouldn't be surprised by now that women like that don't necessarily want Mr. Safe & Reliable.

  5. #345
    FORT Fan Hilltopmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    384

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3280478;
    I think Jason's problem is that he wants a wife who is not like himself. He wants Mrs. Excitement, someone who sparkles and lights up the room and is up for any adventure. Jason has said that he doesn't stand out in a crowd and he has to work to get attention. I don't blame him for wanting the star, but he shouldn't be surprised by now that women like that don't necessarily want Mr. Safe & Reliable.
    Perhaps they do. There are several women there for Jason that light up a room. As the saying goes, opposites attract. It wouldn't work well for Mr and Mrs Excitement to pair up ~ too much of a good thing. Mr and Mrs Nice would be terribly dull and may not work in the long term. Just my humble opinion.

  6. #346
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltopmom;3280563;
    Perhaps they do. There are several women there for Jason that light up a room. As the saying goes, opposites attract. It wouldn't work well for Mr and Mrs Excitement to pair up ~ too much of a good thing. Mr and Mrs Nice would be terribly dull and may not work in the long term. Just my humble opinion.
    I don't understand why it's OK for "nice but boring" men like Jason to want their own Mrs. Excitement, and women should want (or perhaps settle for) Mr. Security. Seems like a double standard to me. Women are told to seek out the secure and safe guys if they want a 50 year marriage, but Jason gets a free pass to seek out the "center of attention" sparkling star.

    Why is Mr. Excitement criticized for not being a stable long-term partner, but Mrs. Excitement is deemed a good catch for Mr. Security? Shouldn't Jason be concerned about her ability to settle down and be an instant stepmom?

    If the situation were reversed and we had a sweet but boring woman as the bachelorette I think everyone would be telling her to avoid the flashy exciting guys. She'd be advised to pick someone safe and more like her, like Fred or Richard or Jason. (I really liked Richard A LOT, he was my favorite bachelor -- for myself, he was definitely not a good match for Deanna.)

  7. #347
    FORT Fan Hilltopmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    384

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3280590;
    I don't understand why it's OK for "nice but boring" men like Jason to want their own Mrs. Excitement, and women should want (or perhaps settle for) Mr. Security. Seems like a double standard to me. Women are told to seek out the secure and safe guys if they want a 50 year marriage, but Jason gets a free pass to seek out the "center of attention" sparkling star.

    Why is Mr. Excitement criticized for not being a stable long-term partner, but Mrs. Excitement is deemed a good catch for Mr. Security? Shouldn't Jason be concerned about her ability to settle down and be an instant stepmom?

    If the situation were reversed and we had a sweet but boring woman as the bachelorette I think everyone would be telling her to avoid the flashy exciting guys. She'd be advised to pick someone safe and more like her, like Fred or Richard or Jason. (I really liked Richard A LOT, he was my favorite bachelor -- for myself, he was definitely not a good match for Deanna.)
    Oh my. I'm presuming your questions are rhetorical as there is nothing in my post to imply that I would condone the application of double standards. I was simply, and in my humble opinion, stating why I felt opposites attract. Perhaps you were just quoting my post as a way to state your point? Or are you actually directing those questions to me for answers?

  8. #348
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3280590;
    If the situation were reversed and we had a sweet but boring woman as the bachelorette I think everyone would be telling her to avoid the flashy exciting guys. She'd be advised to pick someone safe and more like her, like Fred or Richard or Jason. (I really liked Richard A LOT, he was my favorite bachelor -- for myself, he was definitely not a good match for Deanna.)
    Now Richard is someone who, based on what we learned via a reality program, I would classify as stable but NOT boring. To my eyes, anyway. I'm pretty sure he would seem boring to those who prefer a flashy pretty boy to take them out on the town, but I found his conversation and interests fascinating and I felt that his leisure activities might be diverse and unusual (I love geeks ).

    Jason, nice though he appears to be, seems to be organizing his life by picking and choosing from the catalogue produced by some global corporation devoted to uniform middle-class lifestyles. And that is fine, but as I said, it won't work for anyone who needs a reasonable amount of intellectual and emotional stimulation.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  9. #349
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3280478;
    I think Jason's problem is that he wants a wife who is not like himself. He wants Mrs. Excitement, someone who sparkles and lights up the room and is up for any adventure. Jason has said that he doesn't stand out in a crowd and he has to work to get attention. I don't blame him for wanting the star, but he shouldn't be surprised by now that women like that don't necessarily want Mr. Safe & Reliable.
    Didn't Jason say in one of his statments that he had always been attracted to the type of girl that was a lot of fun and stood out in a crowd but that type never seemed to last for him. This time he was looking for different qualities.

    It will be interesting to see who he chooses and if he actually changes the type he is normally attracted to. I have to agree with other comments that opposite attracts. But, for a lasting relationship there has to be enough common ground
    to share and stimulate each other both emotionally and physically.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 01-16-2009 at 07:55 PM.

  10. #350
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by samnlucy;3278888;
    Bad veneers, too big for her teeth...
    Yes! Thanks!

    I always think it looks like her teeth are trying to escape her mouth.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.