+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 358

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

  1. #321
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cpamama;3276884;
    I read somewhere that it takes an average of one year to get over a past love for every 6 or 7 years you were together. I was married for 28 years and we were together 2 years before that. It was 5 1/2 years before I wanted to date again.

    Stephanie was only married a couple of years, so she should definitely be ready to move on now.
    I've also been given to understand that the happier a marriage was, the more likely one will want to repeat the experience. That's why you get a lot of people getting upset because their widowed parent seems to be moving forward in their life "too quickly". Presumably if Stephanie's husband was that much of a "prince of a man" , she would want to be getting back on board that train ASAP.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  2. #322
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3277797;
    Melissa and Jillian are my favorites. They both seem fun, down to earth and don't take themselves too seriously. Liked both their one on one dates, although didn't care too much for Robin Thicke. I would LOVE to go up on the Goodyear blimp! How cool was that!

    Megan did the best thing she could under the circumstances when she tried to call Erica on her two faced comments and Erica went off on her. I've always observed that the one making the most fuss in a situation is the one who has the worst personality traits overall. Erica confirmed that for me - she was just a rude and nasty mess.
    I agree with your comments about Megan. While I am not won over by her yet and still have some doubts, I do think that she handled the situation appropriately. She was very direct and honest when she confronted Erica. She didn't attack her, she merely confronted her with the hypocrisy of her words. I think that was totally fair. Erica would not accept responsibility for getting caught being a two-faced liar. So the best she could do was go on the attack and make Megan look like the bad one.

    Erica is just plain trouble. I can't see why Jason would even bother to keep her on. He doesn't seem to have any real connection with her and he must have a sense that there is a problem with her. He is aware that Megan has been put in a tough situation after being voted the one who should go home. We can thank the lovely PTB for that little piece of unnecessary drama. I wonder if him giving her the first rose this week was him making a statement to the other women.

  3. #323
    Yee-haw, salsa! terabithia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    834

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3277919;
    I've also been given to understand that the happier a marriage was, the more likely one will want to repeat the experience. That's why you get a lot of people getting upset because their widowed parent seems to be moving forward in their life "too quickly". Presumably if Stephanie's husband was that much of a "prince of a man" , she would want to be getting back on board that train ASAP.
    This is true for some people but everybody is different, we don't all react the same way to traumatic life events. My grandfather died unexpectedly in 1977 and grandma never dated again (she died in 2000). I don't think that means her marriage was awful, she always spoke fondly of grandpa. She was an attractive woman, very social/active, and she had her own money, so the only reason I can think of is that she simply wasn't interested in anyone else.

    Stephanie is a classy lady and I don't doubt her husband was a prince of a man, I think that is a sweet way for her to describe him. I hope she has a line of suitors to choose from when the show is over.

  4. #324
    FORT Newbie lhuggi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    42

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    I agree and disagree I am now 29 and was with someone from 19 -24 and even thought it was a hard break up and mutual I haven't found anyone yet ...Sometimes I think I never will ....so in the event these women don't workout I am avail ....lol but LOVE is hard and hard work in any aspect so to get on TV for all these women and Jason putting themselves out there and to be criticzed and appreciated is commendable providing it is for the right reasons

  5. #325
    now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    265

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    What strikes me most about this season is it seems so honest. Obviously, most of the women who came on this season did so because of Jason and some of them are true "ladies" (some, but not all. . . ). Anyway, I see Jason as quite transparent in his feelings. It also seems like he is really listening to what these women have to say and trying hard to make them all feel comfortable and accepted. You can almost see the wheels turning in his head.

    I think Jason's struggle this season is going to be figuring out if Melissa is truly ready to take on a child and marriage and all that entails at the tender age of 25. He knows some of the others are ready and mature enough but his heart is being pulled toward Melissa. She has that spark of life - that sparkle that he is looking for. She also seems very warm and affectionate (traits which they both share). Those are just my musings so far. . .
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

  6. #326
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3278044;
    I agree with your comments about Megan. While I am not won over by her yet and still have some doubts, I do think that she handled the situation appropriately. She was very direct and honest when she confronted Erica. She didn't attack her, she merely confronted her with the hypocrisy of her words. I think that was totally fair. Erica would not accept responsibility for getting caught being a two-faced liar. So the best she could do was go on the attack and make Megan look like the bad one.

    Erica is just plain trouble. I can't see why Jason would even bother to keep her on. He doesn't seem to have any real connection with her and he must have a sense that there is a problem with her. He is aware that Megan has been put in a tough situation after being voted the one who should go home. We can thank the lovely PTB for that little piece of unnecessary drama. I wonder if him giving her the first rose this week was him making a statement to the other women.

    That's why I didn't get Chris's comments about Megan at all. He seemed to focus on Megan more than Erica to me.

  7. #327
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3278455;
    That's why I didn't get Chris's comments about Megan at all. He seemed to focus on Megan more than Erica to me.

    Are you talking about Chris's blog? Is that on here? I haven't read it. If he is focusing more on Megan, then I would assume that he knows more than what we saw this week. Again, I am not totally convinced that Megan is an innocent. I had a particularly negative reaction to her initially and I am not inclined to discount that. However, I do try to keep an open mind and realize that one episode does not necessarily tell all.

    I can only go by what I saw with my own eyes. I think Megan was completely justified in confronting Erica. We did hear Erica say one thing to Megan and the girls and another thing to Molly.

    I haven't made up my mind on Megan, but I have as far as Erica is concerned. She is just completely unappealing in every way possible and I think Jason would be well rid of her. He obviously has a sense that something is very wrong with Megan and some of the other women.

  8. #328
    FORT Fanatic Nativenewyorker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chatsworth, California
    Posts
    463

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3278387;
    What strikes me most about this season is it seems so honest. Obviously, most of the women who came on this season did so because of Jason and some of them are true "ladies" (some, but not all. . . ). Anyway, I see Jason as quite transparent in his feelings. It also seems like he is really listening to what these women have to say and trying hard to make them all feel comfortable and accepted. You can almost see the wheels turning in his head.

    I think Jason's struggle this season is going to be figuring out if Melissa is truly ready to take on a child and marriage and all that entails at the tender age of 25. He knows some of the others are ready and mature enough but his heart is being pulled toward Melissa. She has that spark of life - that sparkle that he is looking for. She also seems very warm and affectionate (traits which they both share). Those are just my musings so far. . .

    You make some interesting points. I have been thinking about Jason's great image and legions of fans and I find myself wondering if it will stand up to the scrutiny of this whole process as he weeds out the girls. He seems to be almost too good to be true in the eyes of some. I like him well enough and see nothing that would make me dislike him. However, the skeptic in me keeps remembering that he has already had a failed marriage. That's certainly not a crime and not all that unusual. But there is never just one person that is responsible for the end of a marriage. So I am wondering if there are other things that we may discover about him that aren't all that great.

    So far he has handled himself very well. I do see him thinking and observing and paying careful attention. But we all know that someone always gets hurt. Someone will fall in love with him, maybe more than one, and end up being rejected. How Jason handles that will be important.

    I guess what I am trying to say is that I wonder if he will hold up and still be as admired at the end of this installment of the show. I think to a certain extent he may have been somewhat idealized by some fans. But it's going to be pretty hard for him to avoid hurting someone, even with all his good intentions.

    The fact that the expert sleuthers on this site have pretty much resolved who he picks will make it fascinating to watch how this all plays out.

  9. #329
    Ms Ambusher dberk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,461

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    I haven't had a chance to read this thread yet, but since it will likely take me hours to do so I wanted to post this one thing that's been bothering me since ep 1.

    Stephanie had a rough break with her husband dying, but I can't get past her saying that she missed a year of her daughter's life while she went through the grieving process. I think she is too old and emotionally fragile for Jason. I hate how plastic her face looks and don't think Jason is attracted to her in the least. He thinks she is brave and is keeping her around, because he has room on his "Keep" list at this time. Clearly he has no interest in spending any time with her in any capacity. I think next week he takes her out so that she can see her daughter, but I predict that she will not come back with a rose and he will use the excuse that she needs to get home to her kid.

  10. #330
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7

    Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Based on screencaps, she does receive a rose and actually gets a 2 on 1 date with Nikki the following week. Nikki is the one that gets sent home, but I don't think we see Stephanie after F6.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.