+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3275976;
    Disagree. We don't know Stephanie, it depends on the individual, some people move on much faster than she is trying to. She loved her husband but no one knows how long it takes to get over losing a loved one. Life goes on, does she want to be a single mom forever.
    I read somewhere that it takes an average of one year to get over a past love for every 6 or 7 years you were together. I was married for 28 years and we were together 2 years before that. It was 5 1/2 years before I wanted to date again.

Stephanie was only married a couple of years, so she should definitely be ready to move on now.

FORT Fan

My husband was going out the door as I started watching The Bachelor last night. He casually said, "I'll bet he picks the one with the biggest t**s. I guess we women really are crazy looking for an amazing love story all the time.

I'm truly not defending Jason's playing kissy face with multiple women in the same day/night, but honestly, what is he going to say to Molly and Naomi when they come right out and practically beg him for a kiss? He was not initiating it with either of them.
    Yet, he could have just given Molly a quick peck, considering he was in the line of vision of the other girls. He could have also given Naomi a quick peck, considering he had previously kissed Molly. That is clearly not what he did and that's where I hold him accountable.
    Having said that, I want to give Brad kudos for making the decision not to kiss more than one girl a day, and sticking to it. I have been watching the show since the Travis Stork season, and I think Brad has been the first and only to hold to that rule. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by beeleever;3277022;
    Yet, he could have just given Molly a quick peck, considering he was in the line of vision of the other girls. He could have also given Naomi a quick peck, considering he had previously kissed Molly.
    From a guy's point of view...mess that. Could we be gentlemen and limit ourselves? Yes. Will we? Not on this show we won't! Let's see, one guy + an ungodly amount of attractive women where the premise is to, for all intents and purposes, hook up as quickly as possible equals (not surprisingly) a whole lot of liplock action. That's just basic Bachelor math.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3277093;
    From a guy's point of view...mess that. Could we be gentlemen and limit ourselves? Yes. Will we? Not on this show we won't! Let's see, one guy + an ungodly amount of attractive women where the premise is to, for all intents and purposes, hook up as quickly as possible equals (not surprisingly) a whole lot of liplock action. That's just basic Bachelor math.
    That's why I wish it was Shannon that asked him!

FORT Newbie

Jason's certainly not perfect, but I sure think he's in the top 90%. I have caught a couple things I didn't appreciate. His eyes did drop to Nikki's breasts when she was walking up on intro night. I also didn't like the way he cut his eyes at Treasure while Renee was rambling on about the Law of Attraction. That says, 'does she sound as stupid as I think she does' which is rude. But I absolutely love all of Jason's surprise faces... when Chris asked (forced, stupid producers!) him to give Megan the rose, when he got in the car with Raquel and when the rose was sitting on the seat in the blimp with Melissa. His eyes scan for approval from the film crew. It's really adorable.
    Last edited by chillipepper; 01-13-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3276868;
    I think she has a serious overbite and that look bugs me. In my opinion, because of that she does not use her mouth to properly form her words. For instance, if she says a word that has an M in it, instead of pressing both lips together to form the sound, she presses her upper teeth to her lower lip to form the sound. It's almost as though her teeth are too big for her mouth.

I think her overbite is the very least of her problems. That nonsense with throwing the ice cube onto the terrace to disrupt Jason, was ridiculous. How old is she - twelve? Then when she was talking to him, when she finally stopped reeling off all of the information she has accumulated on him, she kept interrupting herself to squeal - ooooh, you are SO cute! She must have said it at least four times. I mean, come on, this is what passes for conversation? She isn't giving him a chance to get to know her, because she is constantly dredging up these facts and acting like a lovestruck teenager.

She's a whack job and should be gone. But she just may hang around for the drama and silliness. That seems to be the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3277093;
    Point taken...that's why I started my post asking what Jason was supposed to do when two girls made the move on him, and ended my post giving kudos to Brad, for doing what most would not be able to do, which you referred to as a being a gentleman.
    I'm sure Jason understands now what previous Bachelor/ettes refer to as being "caught up in the moment."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3276868;
    I think she has a serious overbite and that look bugs me. In my opinion, because of that she does not use her mouth to properly form her words. For instance, if she says a word that has an M in it, instead of pressing both lips together to form the sound, she presses her upper teeth to her lower lip to form the sound. It's almost as though her teeth are too big for her mouth.

Dougray--yes! Especially on the teeth too big for her mouth.

Every time I see her I think--well that's odd for someone who works making other people's teeth look good.

The silly things one thinks while watching 'reality" shows.

Melissa and Jillian are my favorites. They both seem fun, down to earth and don't take themselves too seriously. Liked both their one on one dates, although didn't care too much for Robin Thicke. I would LOVE to go up on the Goodyear blimp! How cool was that!

Megan did the best thing she could under the circumstances when she tried to call Erica on her two faced comments and Erica went off on her. I've always observed that the one making the most fuss in a situation is the one who has the worst personality traits overall. Erica confirmed that for me - she was just a rude and nasty mess.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread