+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

What is the hot dog girls name? And the girl who told him that not everyone was there for the right reasons? I think those two Melissa and Stephanie hold the most interest for him right now.

I think Stephanie is lovely, but not right for him. And, he said Ty was going off to be with his mom. Previously they made it seem like the mom wasn't in the picture - wonder if they share custody. And, I hate to say it because it looks so sweet, but having Stefanies dd on their date will make the date about the little girl and not them. He will not pick a woman with a child, I predict. He keeps saying what he wants... someone who is ready to settle down, so some of these flighty girls won't last long. And Lauren will be out next - who wants to have to constantly reassure someone?

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3275703;
    Thoughts and impressions:

1.) Melissa: okay wow Jason's narrative kind of gives it all away, the type he usually is attracted to. (You think?) When I watched them together on the beach I felt like I was back in Deanna's season, not like she is Deanna, (although some similarities looks wise I think she is a lot different personality wise.) But in the sense, that it seemed like she was the ONLY girl Jason was pursuing on the dates and not the other way around. I felt like that is the Jason, we saw on Deanna's seaon. I think he is more confident when he is the pursuer, then the one pursued. It made me smile to see them together. When they kissed I felt it was passionate and so intimate that I almost felt like I was spying on them.

2.) Jillian is the girl's girl, I think all the fans love. And I get it. She's confident without being obnoxious (i.e. Lauren and Molly) Seems like a good friend. Her Canadian accent kept coming out when she said "Get out..." it was cute. I don't think she has the passion / attraction connection Melissa and Jason did from the get go. Esp. if Jason said there date had a "little romance". I like her, but does Jason really like her.

3.) Molly, is the confident, competitive girl I think Jason is going to be flattered by and pursued by, and that is going to be the attraction for Jason, is she is pursuing him. Personally I don't think she's very special, she is kind of bland in a all American nice skin, perfect teeth way. I have yet to see that she is a nice, kind person.

4) Lauren, yikes. High maintenance. Her ego makes her unattractive, and she was glad she wasn't picked cause she wouldn't have time to fix her hair for the Robin Thicke date??? She would be a trophy wife, or arm candy, but I don't think she has a big heart (and would make a good step Mom) Is being a teacher just something she does hoping her singing career will take off?

5. Stephanie - I think will be a fan fave. And I think Jason likes to be Prince Charming to her, and they have the connection as parents that have had to go it alone. I think they will always have their own special connection (kind of like Deanna and Jeremy, but more positive and not so sad) but its not enough to carry it, into real life. He's different when he's with her, and he likes the way he feels when he is with her, but it just doesn't translate into the future.

6) Erica, she is the one I literally can not stand. Why she got picked tonight I have no idea. She is obnoxious and a bully, she knew Megan called her on something she actually did. But the best defense is a good offense, so she made a big old drama and blamed it on Megan. When she grabbed Jason's hand and put it on her heart (i.e. chest), I was like "GROSS....!!!" Jason wash your hand. I can't stand her. I'm wondering about Jason's taste level for keeping her around another week. She got left for a 52 year old, that is classic.

7) Shannon, I think Jason kind of gets a kick out of her. But I don't think he'd ever pick her in a zillion years. Its kind of like Deanna keeping Twilley around (sorry Twilley) cause he made her laugh. I mean Jason does light up when she's around, and she is zany. I think she's a friend / pal. If the stalkerish side kicks up, she will probably be ousted.

8) Nikki, takes herself a bit too seriously. I think. Just cause she's an Aunt, doesn't make her a expert on child psychology or the best candidate for Jason. I think she has nothing to say to him, except talking about the other girls. I think he was bowled over by her looks (which I don't get, she's not that beautiful. She is kind of a pageant version of Sandra Bullock, and Sandra Bullock is more beautiful.) He says he is looking for the sparkle, Nikki doesn't have that.

9) Natalie, I wanted to like being the only blond standing. hee hee. But I think she is probably a party girl. Or too young to settle down. I'm curious what happens on their date.

10) Megan, is a broad. And I mean that in the best way. Kind of a salt of the earth, broad like Ava Gardner was in real life. She has a fragile side, probably from being a single Mom from day one. (meaning she never married the guy) Does she never get a one on one date with Jason at all?

11) I think Kari is very pretty, but probably not Jason's type in the long run.

That's all the thoughts for now. Um and Jason, please please send Erica home NOW! I'm begging you.
    I loved reading your comments about the girls.

Melissa - I haven't seen much to give me an idea about who she is yet. She seems to be a lot of fun, outgoing, personably, pretty. I don't know that I buy her desire to change careers and become a first grade teacher. Just call me a skeptic. But for the first time, I actually saw a connection between her and Jason. He does definitely seem to be very interested.

Jillian - She seems like a genuinely nice girl. I think Jason likes her and is interested, but I don't know if she is a match for him. But she seems like one of the classier girls here and that's saying a lot.

Molly is officially on my bad side due to her tacky sabotage of Megan's alone time with Jason. Girl, you've got a rose! That was just plain mean. She does seem really forward and one to go after what she wants. I don't see any real depth or anything really compelling about her. I agree with you that she is pretty much a blank slate.

Lauren had to be kidding with that nonsense about her hair. I have high maintenance hair, too, and can sympathize up to a point, but when you are competing against a whole bunch of other women for one guy, maybe you could just worry about that. She also needs way too much attention and reassurance. I don't know that pushing Jason will work in her favor. That gets old with guys.

Stephanie is hard to dislike, although I am very distracted by her appearance. Her face looks way too tight. It gives her an unnatural expression. She seems to be very much the dignified, charming southern belle. I see her as the mother of this group. But I am feeling that she will be more of a friend. She and Jason both have a child and the reunion previews are moving, but I just don't see them as a match.

Erica should be out of there! I am shocked that she is still there. She is trouble, period. No class at all. I disliked what she did in being hypocritical and two-faced about Molly stealing Jason from Megan. Then when she got called on it by Megan she acts all shocked and goes on the offensive. I just think she is trailer trash. I can't see Jason seriously considering her at all. Maybe a producer's pick or staying on for the drama? What a waste.

Shannon should have gone last night. She is just kind of bizarre. She is so busy rattling off facts about Jason that she isn't getting to know him. When she said over and over, ooooh, you are so cute, I thought I was going to be sick. I just think she is kind of out there and not at all right for Jason.

Nikki took a big step back this week in my eyes. She is way too busy worrying about the other girls and judging them. She is not the morality police and needs to get over it and concentrate on getting to know Jason. I always think it's a bad move to warn the Bachelor about the other girls. It gets the guy wondering what your own motivation is for doing it. I think her "assets" should keep her here for a while, but I don't see them working together.

Natalie showed signs of cracking early in this process. If you are going to start breaking down now because you don't get picked for a date, then you are going to have a tough time surviving in this process. It doesn't get any easier. I did like Raquel checking on her and trying to reassure her.

I loved your comment about Megan. You really captured what I felt about her this week. She is so much the Ava Gardner type of broad. I actually felt sympathy for her after she got into it with Erica. She was polite and direct when she called her out and Ericka overreacted because she got caught. I don't Megan's dirty mouth and I am not yet won over by her, but I do see some good qualities.

Kari I don't even know anything about yet.

I thought Sharon might go. She shouldn't have given up her job for this, it's not worth it. She didn't have much time with Jason and there was no connection between them. But I was really hoping that either Erica or Shannon would go. I think Raquel staging that silly maneuver of ambushing Jason in the car, was a really bad move. It made her seem too aggressive and in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3276166;
    Did someone forget to tell Jason about the "Bob to Blob" effect? If a bachelorette kissed a man like Jason kissed Melissa on their first date (and only the 2nd episode of the season) people would be harshly criticizing her. Can you imagine the tsk-tsking online if Deanna kissed Graham like that on their beach date? Especially if she had been kissing and getting "a little romantic" with a different man the previous night, like Jason and Jillian? Hmmm...
    When Jason kissed some of the other girls, he kissed them the same way. Maybe, that is just his style of kissing. But, I will agree, he didn't seem to want to stop kissing Melissa. Didn't he say at some point that she was a good kisser or am I dreaming again?

FORT Fanatic

Ok, I freely admit that at my age, I still can’t figure men out. So…call me naïve when it “amazes” me that like all the previous bachelors, Jason too taken in by:
    * Instead of being put off by women begging for kisses, he seems to like that. [AND he rewards begging molly with a rose. Ugh.]
    * He clearly responds to big bosomed women who show it all off.
    * He seems to like that they are all fighting/elbowing each other for his attention.
    * He doesn’t seem bothered by women who already have a rose, yet want to butt in on his time with women without a rose. I remember this was a bone of contention during his season with Ron The Barber and ?? Jeremy??. I can’t remember if Jason weighed in on this at the time, but apparently he has forgotten about civility.

I suppose the above behaviors are what makes me slowly dislike each bachelor [as the season progresses].

Other thoughts:
    Re Ty, to me it’s worse to call his son “my best friend”, than “his little buddy”. Don’t like either. He needs a parent, not a friend.

What’s with the teacher spending one on one time with him and kept mentioning about wondering if she should go home or not? I suppose: Begging for him to tell her to stay. Which of course he did. [Again, I would be turned off. You wanna go home? Then go.]

Naomi’s boring one on one convo re charity work.

Shannon’s behavior is annoying to me…ie...throwing ice cubes. And I still can’t stop looking at her overbite. Again, I would soooo turned off by a stalker type, but he seems to eat it up.

Jason wore a vest over a t-shirt [with print on front]. Are vests back in style??

I have to admit, Stephanie is growing on me. However, she shouldn’t wear her hair back …I think that emphasizes her creepy face.

Erica looked awful in that rose ceremony dress.

I think Lisa was just looking for an excuse to leave. She barely gave him a hug good bye.

I’m tired of the flirty hot dog topping talk with hot dog chick.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyTaleLove;3276227;
    I have to disagree with this comment 100% -- I don't see Melissa as being anything like DeAnna in personality. Looks, sure, there is a similarity, but Jason has a type like many guys do. I don't have a problem with that.

From my observations (based on the characters we have been shown):

DeAnna was constantly about being the center of attention, she needed assurance, she needed to be everyone's focus and have the men pursue her. It's what drew her to Graham -- the fact that he was NOT fawning all over her like the other guys were. She was drama from the first day of Brad's season -- in fact, I didn't care for her one bit on that show. She had edge, sure, but that's not often the choice word I would have picked for her attitude. DeAnna was selfish, from demanding the Me, Me, me All the time from the guys all the way to actually "getting caught up in the moment of a proposal from a man she didn't love or plan to marry." WHO does that?

On the other hand, from previous watchings of Melissa on the DCC, she has a sweet, bubbly personality -- very fun, a gorgeous, contagious smile and she was friends with everyone. On that show, she worked hard and understood what it meant and never stepped back from that, EVEN as she recovered from being sick (mono, if I remember correctly.) What those girls go through in training camp is brutal enough, but to do that while recovering from mono and still make it through? She has chops, IMO. She earned my respect then.

On this show, I've seen her make fun of herself, be light hearted with the situation. She's been open and fun with Jason on the rare occasions we've seen them together. She's not afraid to try new things, and not afraid to admit who she is rather than be something else for the guy with her.

As well, she seems to get along with the women. She's been respectful, not pushy. She had a rose, so she didn't steal time away from those who didn't.

From what I've seen, Melissa and DeAnna are nothing alike in personality, except for perhaps the willingness to try new things and be adventurous. JMO.

I could not see the connection between Melissa and DeAnna's personality either.

Didn't Jason make a remark that he had always been attracted to the fun, bubbly type of personality but has found that these girls did not work for him in the end. So, he is now looking for someone who has gotten that out of their system and ready to settle down.

Earliar, someone mentioned that Nikki's criticism of the other girls lowered her opinion of Nikki. I was surprised at that too. But, when Jason was talking to Charles in the room of pictures, he remarked that he felt that Nikki was really concerned about him and he respected her for that. So, he did not see it as some of us did. Maybe, there was more we just didn't see.

For an early choice, I'm going to say Nikki will be the one he becomes engaged to. I reserve the right to change my mind. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdgal;3276414;
    Does anyone know if any other bachelors/bachelorettes have kissed on group dates where the others could see them??
    Yes, Andy and Bevin!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3276571;
    Ok, I freely admit that at my age, I still can’t figure men out. So…call me naïve when it “amazes” me that like all the previous bachelors, Jason too taken in by:
    * Instead of being put off by women begging for kisses, he seems to like that. [AND he rewards begging molly with a rose. Ugh.]
    * He seems to like that they are all fighting/elbowing each other for his attention.
    * He doesn’t seem bothered by women who already have a rose, yet want to butt in on his time with women without a rose. I remember this was a bone of contention during his season with Ron The Barber and ?? Jeremy??. I can’t remember if Jason weighed in on this at the time, but apparently he has forgotten about civility.

I suppose the above behaviors are what makes me slowly dislike each bachelor [as the season progresses].

Other thoughts:
    Re Ty, to me it’s worse to call his son “my best friend”, than “his little buddy”. Don’t like either. He needs a parent, not a friend.

What’s with the teacher spending one on one time with him and kept mentioning about wondering if she should go home or not? I suppose: Begging for him to tell her to stay. Which of course he did. [Again, I would be turned off. You wanna go home? Then go.]

Naomi’s boring one on one convo re charity work.

Shannon’s behavior is annoying to me…ie...throwing ice cubes. And I still can’t stop looking at her overbite. Again, I would soooo turned off by a stalker type, but he seems to eat it up.

Jason wore a vest over a t-shirt [with print on front]. Are vests back in style??

I have to admit, Stephanie is growing on me. However, she shouldn’t wear her hair back …I think that emphasizes her creepy face.

Erica looked awful in that rose ceremony dress.

I think Lisa was just looking for an excuse to leave. She barely gave him a hug good bye.

I’m tired of the flirty hot dog topping talk with hot dog chick.

Babyfat101--hi.

Your list really just makes me think of many guys I have known--they seem to love attentioin--regardless of whether it's the "Good" kind--IE quality attention.

Or attention from stalkers and neediness freaks.

IMO he's just like most guys.

The few special ones I've known understand that it's the kind of attention that's important--but then I personally prefer guys who think about why things are happening--instead of just floating along on a tide of male hormones.

Just my own observations of men I've known.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;3276561;
    When Jason kissed some of the other girls, he kissed them the same way. Maybe, that is just his style of kissing. But, I will agree, he didn't seem to want to stop kissing Melissa. Didn't he say at some point that she was a good kisser or am I dreaming again?:heart

All I can say is WOW! Jason in a PI actually said "Melissa is a wonderful kisser." "I haven't had a passionate kiss like that for a long time, I really haven't."

* He doesn’t seem bothered by women who already have a rose, yet want to butt in on his time with women without a rose.
    Check, check, check, and check again.

Sounds like a pretty typical dude to me!

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3276328;
    I personally don't like Shannon--her teeth--her real ones--bother me for some reason that I can't quite figure out.(maybe they seem "predatory"?)
    I think she has a serious overbite and that look bugs me. In my opinion, because of that she does not use her mouth to properly form her words. For instance, if she says a word that has an M in it, instead of pressing both lips together to form the sound, she presses her upper teeth to her lower lip to form the sound. It's almost as though her teeth are too big for her mouth.
    Last edited by dougrayfan; 01-13-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread