+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/12 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3275633;
    I could certainly be wrong but I am almost positive that Melissa wasn't thrilled at all about Jillian getting the first date. Perhaps I am not remembering correctly. But I also seem to recall that during Brad's season Bettina made a comment about her date not being as nice as Sheena's and people jumped all over her about it. To me it doesn't seem as if Melissa is getting a very good edit so far and I hope it changes soon, for the better.
    She said that hearing about Jillian's date and kiss made her more nervous about her own date. Nothing about being jealous or upset...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;3275400;
    Lauren reminds me (looks-wise) reminds me of an actress, I'm trying to place her.

Oh, the girl from What a Girl Wants. Can't remember her name, but reminded me of that girl.
    TOTALLY Eva Mendez..dont'cha think?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3275614;
    During the pool party at the mansion Jason picked Jillian to give the rose to and go on the date with. Melissa was definately upset about it and voiced her opnion that it should have been her. I just see that as a red flag and not something that paints her in a good light. I hated Shayne's tantrum during Matt's season. I also hated the fact that Natalie (?) or was it Lauren (?) behaved in the same way concerning Jillian.
    Don't remember who that was but it wasn't Melissa. Melissa didn't say anything about Jillian getting the rose.

FORT Fogey

I'm getting the impression that Stephanie is getting the "pity" edit. That she doesn't really talk that much about her husband's death--but that theTPTB have filmed every word she said about him and they keep feeding it to us.

And that's why some viewers are getting tired of hearing about it. The show's fault--not Stephanie's.

I also saw tonight just how much fun she could be. The fashion show with her clothes was priceless.

She seems to be one of those great Southern women with their wicked sharp sense of humor that they only bring out from time to time--when they feel comfortable around the people they're with.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BB BEANS;3275402;
    It is just a personal reaction-like giving more "adult" qualities to a child, Ty is his son, not his "buddy". It's not that I think he is doing something horribly wrong, but especially with his Dad being divorced, I don't want Ty to feel a responsibility, even unconsciously, to "take care" of his Dad.

I am probably over-reacting

BB--hi.

IMO no you're not.

Anyone who has had to be a "substitute" adult for their parent knows exactly what you're talking about.

There have been studies and books written on what it does to a person to be treated as an adult in a situation when they are still a child chronologically.

"Substitute adult" is the technical term.

It's something that stays with you all your life.

FORT Newbie

I hate Erica, and Molly. They both need to go. I've always had a problem with girls who already had roses taking time with the Bachelor. I was glad Raquel left, that limo chat was a good idea but way too awkward. She was a very nice girl though.

After the first night I really didn't like Stephanie, but now she's growing on me. I liked the clips of her hanging out with the girls at the very very end of the show (during the fashion show stuff). She needs to lay off the botox and own up the her feelings about her husband dying. I don't think she's over it yet. She's just....off when she talks about it.

I love Melissa and Jillian!!!

Thoughts and impressions:

1.) Melissa: okay wow Jason's narrative kind of gives it all away, the type he usually is attracted to. (You think?) When I watched them together on the beach I felt like I was back in Deanna's season, not like she is Deanna, (although some similarities looks wise I think she is a lot different personality wise.) But in the sense, that it seemed like she was the ONLY girl Jason was pursuing on the dates and not the other way around. I felt like that is the Jason, we saw on Deanna's seaon. I think he is more confident when he is the pursuer, then the one pursued. It made me smile to see them together. When they kissed I felt it was passionate and so intimate that I almost felt like I was spying on them.

2.) Jillian is the girl's girl, I think all the fans love. And I get it. She's confident without being obnoxious (i.e. Lauren and Molly) Seems like a good friend. Her Canadian accent kept coming out when she said "Get out..." it was cute. I don't think she has the passion / attraction connection Melissa and Jason did from the get go. Esp. if Jason said there date had a "little romance". I like her, but does Jason really like her.

3.) Molly, is the confident, competitive girl I think Jason is going to be flattered by and pursued by, and that is going to be the attraction for Jason, is she is pursuing him. Personally I don't think she's very special, she is kind of bland in a all American nice skin, perfect teeth way. I have yet to see that she is a nice, kind person.

4) Lauren, yikes. High maintenance. Her ego makes her unattractive, and she was glad she wasn't picked cause she wouldn't have time to fix her hair for the Robin Thicke date??? She would be a trophy wife, or arm candy, but I don't think she has a big heart (and would make a good step Mom) Is being a teacher just something she does hoping her singing career will take off?

5. Stephanie - I think will be a fan fave. And I think Jason likes to be Prince Charming to her, and they have the connection as parents that have had to go it alone. I think they will always have their own special connection (kind of like Deanna and Jeremy, but more positive and not so sad) but its not enough to carry it, into real life. He's different when he's with her, and he likes the way he feels when he is with her, but it just doesn't translate into the future.

6) Erica, she is the one I literally can not stand. Why she got picked tonight I have no idea. She is obnoxious and a bully, she knew Megan called her on something she actually did. But the best defense is a good offense, so she made a big old drama and blamed it on Megan. When she grabbed Jason's hand and put it on her heart (i.e. chest), I was like "GROSS....!!!" Jason wash your hand. I can't stand her. I'm wondering about Jason's taste level for keeping her around another week. She got left for a 52 year old, that is classic.

7) Shannon, I think Jason kind of gets a kick out of her. But I don't think he'd ever pick her in a zillion years. Its kind of like Deanna keeping Twilley around (sorry Twilley) cause he made her laugh. I mean Jason does light up when she's around, and she is zany. I think she's a friend / pal. If the stalkerish side kicks up, she will probably be ousted.

8) Nikki, takes herself a bit too seriously. I think. Just cause she's an Aunt, doesn't make her a expert on child psychology or the best candidate for Jason. I think she has nothing to say to him, except talking about the other girls. I think he was bowled over by her looks (which I don't get, she's not that beautiful. She is kind of a pageant version of Sandra Bullock, and Sandra Bullock is more beautiful.) He says he is looking for the sparkle, Nikki doesn't have that.

9) Natalie, I wanted to like being the only blond standing. hee hee. But I think she is probably a party girl. Or too young to settle down. I'm curious what happens on their date.

10) Megan, is a broad. And I mean that in the best way. Kind of a salt of the earth, broad like Ava Gardner was in real life. She has a fragile side, probably from being a single Mom from day one. (meaning she never married the guy) Does she never get a one on one date with Jason at all?

11) I think Kari is very pretty, but probably not Jason's type in the long run.

That's all the thoughts for now. Um and Jason, please please send Erica home NOW! I'm begging you.
    Last edited by lanikai; 01-13-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3275394;
    Lisa pulled the grandmother excuse. Smart girl.
    MTE. She wasn't feeling him and didn't feel like wasting any more time pretending to fight for him on national television.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

lanikai - perfectly said! I agree on pretty much everything!

I was so happy that Melissa and Jillian got the two alone dates....my two favorites! yay!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PonyXpress;3275416;
    I really liked Lauren last week. Tonight, not so much.
    Actually, could it of been tonight she actually put a little doubt into people's minds that she could go through with the process...... by her doing that, is that a story line or something that they both have to overcome? I think that the girl in the green jacket that a lot of people think is Molly has blond curly hair. Tonight, when she was the pool, Lauren's hairstarted curling when Molly's got straighter.

+ Reply to Thread