Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Stephanie - Bachelor 13

Re: Stephanie - Bachelor 13

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3267034;
    It's entirely possible that she ends up "winning" as that "tragically died" and "daddy is watching you from heaven" nonsense has fame-whore written all over it.
    She's the perfect match for Jason then

I'm against people with small children going on this show as I don't think it's a suitable or necessary way to find a partner, but to be away for your child's birthday seems ridiculous to me.
    Are we supposed to praise her for being so committed to finding love with Jason that she's willing to be away on her child's birthday?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

I have been watching the forums quite a bit because I love the reality shows. I just don't post much I will say that I do think that Stephanie is a nice quiet person although she doesn't look natural maybe a previous poster is right that she doesn't film well. I also noticed in the highlights for next week she looked pretty good when she was on the beach and her little girl shows up.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I watch the Biggest Loser as well as this and many other reality shows. For some reason on The Biggest Loser no one gives the contestants are hard time for leaving their children (of all ages) but on almost ALL other shows, they do. I just find it interesting.

As anyone heard Stephanie say why she chose to be on The Bachelor? In other words, was she encouraged by friends...submitted by friends..or decided herself to participate. Just curious.

She seems like a fairly poised and articulate woman. I say that because her conversations are not laced with "like" "you know" and "totally".

Considering her previous circumstances, I do hope she does not make it all the way to the final 2...only to be shot down. Of course Stephanie knows that is a possibility...but it really would seem too cruel.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3277883;
    As anyone heard Stephanie say why she chose to be on The Bachelor? In other words, was she encouraged by friends...submitted by friends..or decided herself to participate. Just curious.

She seems like a fairly poised and articulate woman. I say that because her conversations are not laced with "like" "you know" and "totally".

Considering her previous circumstances, I do hope she does not make it all the way to the final 2...only to be shot down. Of course Stephanie knows that is a possibility...but it really would seem too cruel.
    Stephanie's sister got her to watch the finale and Stephanie found out how to contact Jason's dad and sent a letter. Jason's dad shared it with the Jason and the producers asked that Stephanie be on the show.

I agree that she is poised and well spoken. That letter really must have impressed Jason's dad and the producers!

I have a new found respect for her. I still think she has a strange look and I don't think she's a match for Jason but she definitely showed a more down to earth side on this week's episode. I thought the segment during the credits when they were all putting on her clothes and jewelry was cute.

I think if he knows he's not interested he should let her go as soon as possible so she can get back to her kid. Same with the other moms. While he acts like he likes that some of them have kids, he strikes me as someone who will want a woman without any other ties (pun intended). I just get the vibe that he will want them to be focused on him and his interests, including his son. I will be very surprised if he picks any of the mothers but I could see him keeping at least one token mom til the final two or three.

I really like Stephanie. She has so much class and maturity. I know she is a little older than some of the other girls but she seems SO much more mature than most of them! I suppose she has been through a lot in her 30+ years. I felt her pain when the producers MADE her try to interrupt Jason and the other girl. It was SO obvious that it made her uncomfortable. I liked her for that. Some of the other girls will do and say whatever TPTB want them to, but at least you could tell that Stephanie did not want to.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay55;3276537;
    I am a widow and I cringe whenever I listen to her go on about how he died. Every death is a tragedy - some are just more sensational than others. I also disliked how dramatic she was when she told the story to the girls. IMO people don't want to hear all the "gritty" details unless they really ask for it.

Too much of a drama queen for me - I know lots of widows and unless she is being prodded by the producers to play the widow card to the hilt its just too much!!!
    IMHO I think the producers WANT her to talk about her deceased husband to add drama to the show. I would bet that they are the ones pushing her to talk about her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFan22;3279405;
    IMHO I think the producers WANT her to talk about her deceased husband to add drama to the show. I would bet that they are the ones pushing her to talk about her husband.
    Stephanie seems to be be a true southern lady and is blessed with a deep, cultured voice. She did not bring up her deceased husband to the girls. Megan asked her what her story was. She simply answered the question and stressed that she did not want to talk about how wonderful her husband was...that she wanted to talk about Jason.

Closed Thread