+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

I definitely think that Melissa mentioned her reduction at an appropriate time...I just don't think that TPTB should have given that so much airtime. I'm sure they talked about other things too.
    ...and fyi, Melissa, I don't think that was a turn off for Jason...he is a guy after all...lol

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amcd4377;3284168;
    I am curious about people's reactions to Melissa's bringing up her breast reduction surgery. Do you think it is so intimate and personal because it was surgery on her breasts? Would you have felt differently if she talked about having surgery to reduce the size of her nose? Personally, I don't see her conversation as out of line - the whole date was about breasts, and there is certainly nothing shameful or embarrassing about having breast reduction surgery. My niece had that done also, and she really appreciated the show last night. She thought it was cool that a DCC talked about it on national tv! I am not trying to pick on anyone - that is why i didn't quote any specific post; i am just surprised at the negative reaction.
    I agree with you. The only thing that shocked me is that a petite girl like her had such ginormous breasts. I can't say that her telling Jason that was something he had to know to decide if she was what he wanted, but I think it was something personal she wanted to share with him. And the date was about breast awareness. I'm guessing her surgery had nothing to do with cancer, but they were on the subject of breasts - what better time to bring it up! Or should she bring it up during a picnic when they're talking about football?

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3284187 View Post
    I definitely think that Melissa mentioned her reduction at an appropriate time...I just don't think that TPTB should have given that so much airtime. I'm sure they talked about other things too.
    ...and fyi, Melissa, I don't think that was a turn off for Jason...he is a guy after all...lol
    ITA, it was not an inappropriate time. I wish they had showed more of him and her though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3284189;
    I agree with you. The only thing that shocked me is that a petite girl like her had such ginormous breasts. I can't say that her telling Jason that was something he had to know to decide if she was what he wanted, but I think it was something personal she wanted to share with him. And the date was about breast awareness. I'm guessing her surgery had nothing to do with cancer, but they were on the subject of breasts - what better time to bring it up! Or should she bring it up during a picnic when they're talking about football?

Now that would be a heck of a segueway, "Speaking of footballs....."!

FORT Fan

I didn't think it was inappropriate at all for Melissa to bring up her breasts reduction. I think we should applaud her for being so open. She seems like a very liberal girl. I think that is one of the things Jason is attracted too. Besides, we don't know what their conversation was about before she mentioned it and how far their relationship has already progressed, since we see nothing of it at all.
    Their body language and the ease with witch they touch each other looks to me as if there relationship has already developed further that they show us.

I am starting to like this girl and I can see why Jason is attracted to her. She is liberal, modest, beautiful, playful. I think she is a girl that can be happy with the smallest things in life. She doesn't need much. She wants to be happy and loved.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bradys1lady;3284196;
    ITA, it was not an inappropriate time. I wish they had showed more of him and her though!!!

As someone who had this surgery in 2001, I commend her for telling him about it last night. I always had a C cup until I started having children. As the mom of four, my breasts had become a snug DD...much too large for my body. I am very open about my experience. An added benefit is that it also reduces your chance of breast cancer by 50% because essentially the top lobe of your breast is removed leaving the bottom portion as your new breast. She may have discussed the breast cancer angle as well and it was just edited out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchgirly23;3284206;
    I didn't think it was inappropriate at all for Melissa to bring up her breasts reduction. I think we should applaud her for being so open. She seems like a very liberal girl. I think that is one of the things Jason is attracted too. Besides, we don't know what their conversation was about before she mentioned it and how far their relationship has already progressed, since we see nothing of it at all.
    Their body language and the ease with witch they touch each other looks to me as if there relationship has already developed further that they show us.

I am starting to like this girl and I can see why Jason is attracted to her. She is liberal, modest, beautiful, playful. I think she is a girl that can be happy with the smallest things in life. She doesn't need much. She wants to be happy and loved.
    ITA! They were doing charity work for breast cancer, so it doesn't seem totally unrelated. Although Jason was a little shocked, I think he took it well and I think they even joked a little about it. I actually thought it was sorta cute. We have to remember, this is speed dating. In normal life, that conversation may have happened months in, but you can't wait that long in this sort of situation. Plus, I think they felt comfortable with each other.

On another note, I do feel like the producers are being very intentional about not showing us much of Melissa and Jason's alone time. The past 2 cocktail parties, we have not seen them have any alone time. Last night, we saw him kissing Molly, Naomi, and Nikki before the rose ceremony. Surely, if his kiss with Melissa was as passionate as he said it was, I have a hard time believing they didn't spend time together. I just think they are intentionally not showing it so they can focus more time towards the other F4 girls. Sneaky trick, but luckily, we know how this one will end so I'm not buying it this time!!

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

The whole breast reduction conversation indicates one thing to me - Melissa feels very comfortable with Jason. She is at a point of being her true self and she feels emotionally safe with him (as DeAnna did when she opened up about losing her Mom). Jason is an easily guy to talk to and these two are at a whole different level in their communication than he is at with most of the other girls. He may be kissing several girls, but he is not connecting as well with all of them in conversation. Also, as mentioned by another poster, Melissa and Jason have very comfortable, relaxed body language.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3284238;
    The whole breast reduction conversation indicates one thing to me - Melissa feels very comfortable with Jason. She is at a point of being her true self and she feels emotionally safe with him (as DeAnna did when she opened up about losing her Mom). Jason is an easily guy to talk to and these two are at a whole different level in their communication than he is at with most of the other girls. He may be kissing several girls, but he is not connecting as well with all of them in conversation. Also, as mentioned by another poster, Melissa and Jason have very comfortable, relaxed body language.
    As a lurker I have to say that I couldn't agree with you more. You could tell with the two of them sitting there, her legs over his, him rubbing her legs that they are extremely comfortable together. I was shocked myself by Melissa have a breast reduction, so didn't see that one coming. Not that it matters to me at all mind you I just can't imagine her being that large WHOA nelly. I really LIKE Melissa and so glad that I know early on so I can watch their story develop (but they NEED to give us more of them darn it) unlike last year and getting slapped in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3284197;
    I do believe that would be true. And, he did say he almost picked someone else first but changed his mind at the last minute. This is something new to think about.
    Yeah, I remember this. I was just thinking that although he feels comfortable with Jillian, i don't see any passion between them...yet. Jillian is like your "awesome go-to friend" when you want to have a good time. As far as attraction goes, Jason's a lot more touchy feely with Melissa. I think Melissa's got the whole package, but we're not being shown all of it since it would give her away as the F1.

+ Reply to Thread