+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3279681;
    Wow. I wonder why she didn't go out for the DCC again, then? I'm not sure when tryouts started, but it had to be long before Jason was announced as The Bachelor. She would have been guaranteed limelight time trying out for the DCC again. And how much limelight do sales reps get? She hasn't been working very hard on that limelight goal. :nono Could it be that she's no longer interested in that??? I don't know her, but I choose to give her the benefit of the doubt. Go Melissa!
    Melissa signed up to be on another tv reality show, which gives her national (actually international) exposure. She's willing to make out with a guy she just met on tv and subject herself to various humiliations the show always puts the contestants through. Even the low key "nice guys" on Deanna's season like Fred and Richard have made media appearances on other tv shows, they seem happy to hang on to the limelight being offered to them as well. You can be a nice person and still want the exposure and opportunities that might come your way from being on a silly reality show.

I can't believe someone like Melissa needs a tv show to meet a nice single dad who wants to get married. If that's all she wanted then she could have put the word out among her friends and the single dads would've been lining up.

I want to say she tried out for the DCC for a third time but didn't make it, but I will check on that.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3279810;
    Melissa signed up to be on another tv reality show, which gives her national (actually international) exposure. She's willing to make out with a guy she just met on tv and subject herself to various humiliations the show always puts the contestants through. Even the low key "nice guys" on Deanna's season like Fred and Richard have made media appearances on other tv shows, they seem happy to hang on to the limelight being offered to them as well. You can be a nice person and still want the exposure and opportunities that might come your way from being on a silly reality show.

I can't believe someone like Melissa needs a tv show to meet a nice single dad who wants to get married. If that's all she wanted then she could have put the word out among her friends and the single dads would've been lining up.
    The first "reality show" was based on the tryout process for the DCC and included all 600+ girls that auditioned for a spot on the squad. We don't actually know how Melissa came to be on The Bachelor, which is the only reality show she intended to be on. As you say, you CAN be a nice person and still want the opportunities that come your way from being on national tv. From what was shown of their first date, Jason initiated both kisses. Melissa kept her wineglass in her hand in the first kiss with her body twisted away from Jason. In the second kiss initiated by Jason, she is holding the rose in her right hand with her arm between their bodies. Hardly "making out".

Melissa stated in her pre-show interview that people think DCC can get anyone they want, but not true as she is still single. Evidently men, whether dads or not, are not lining up for her. The edited version we see of Melissa shows a cute, friendly young lady dressed in fashionable non-revealing clothing looking for a chance at love. Let's see how the story unfolds...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3279810;

I have a daugther in her twenties who is beautiful, smart with a great personality. She would go on the bachelor in a heart beat just because it would be fun and "who knows you meet 'the one'". It's not that easy meeting good guys these days. If you are young and single going on the bachelor does not neccessarily = wanting the limelight or wrong motives. It can just as easily mean adventure and "why not?".

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3279918;
    I want to say she tried out for the DCC for a third time but didn't make it, but I will check on that.
    No, she didn't try out.

Quote Originally Posted by annie367;3280168;
    No, she didn't try out.
    It would seem that she was ready to move with the next phase of her life. We know that she is a college grad and when Jason asks, she tells him of her plan to earn a teaching certificate.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Nobody has come up with the 2nd reality show she supposedly was on yet. I'm pretty sure she was on 2 seasons of Making the Team, which would have put her on the DCC squad until the end of the Cowboy's season last year. I agree that the goal was to be a DCC, not to be on a reality TV show. The two things just went hand-in-hand due to what the DCC organization put together. Yes, being a DCC puts you in the limelight. I'm still curious why she didn't try out a 3rd year if she's such a fame seeker. It would have been tough to squeeze in another reality show between last January and October. Unless her employer gives her a lot of time off.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3279918;
    She didn't try out this year
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Right, she didn't try out, but there were several veterans that didn't make it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3280624;
    Right, she didn't try out, but there were several veterans that didn't make it.

That happens every year

+ Reply to Thread