+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253
Results 521 to 528 of 528

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

  1. #521
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3382237;
    Very good post. Makes me think too, that she would have told Jason whatever he wanted to hear. Look at how she has said she wanted out of the spotlight..and shes still doing interviews.
    Interviews are common for those involved with DWTS, so that's no surprise.

  2. #522
    FORT Fogey ducky2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

    Didn't she say she wanted to get away from TV and get back to her life? But wasn't it in reference to a question about why she turned down the Bachelorette? I would imagine after the fiasco of TB, she was wanting to flee from that type of reality TV and so she answered that way. An opportunity fell into her lap, it would be short-term, not involve looking for love, and Fleiss wouldn't be editing. Dancing was right up her alley, and it sounded like fun. So she changed her mind about the TV thing, but not about the Bachelorette offer.

  3. #523
    ~History Buff~ mommyof2poodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Age
    58
    Posts
    561

    Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3382237;
    Very good post. Makes me think too, that she would have told Jason whatever he wanted to hear. Look at how she has said she wanted out of the spotlight..and shes still doing interviews.
    To be fair, Molly also said and did many things to 'win' as well. You feel Melissa is guilty of it (I don't agree) and I think Molly is guilty of it.

    Molly supporters should be pleased. She got her man. Time will tell if she keeps him or if he keeps her. If they are truly in love then more power to them. But, I think it is grossly unfair to accuse Melissa unless you add Molly into it as well.

    I believe Jason played the single father thing to try and 'win' DeAnna. I believe most say what they think will get them the 'win'.

    Maybe Melissa did too, but from what I have heard from people who know her personally, I don't think she did. JMO
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

  4. #524
    FORT Fogey pminn1608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maggie and Pearl's house
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3382262;
    To be fair, Molly also said and did many things to 'win' as well. You feel Melissa is guilty of it (I don't agree) and I think Molly is guilty of it.

    Molly supporters should be pleased. She got her man. Time will tell if she keeps him or if he keeps her. If they are truly in love then more power to them. But, I think it is grossly unfair to accuse Melissa unless you add Molly into it as well.

    I believe Jason played the single father thing to try and 'win' DeAnna. I believe most say what they think will get them the 'win'.

    Maybe Melissa did too, but from what I have heard from people who know her personally, I don't think she did. JMO
    Was Melissa there to "win"? I thought she was there to fall in love. Molly is guilty of falling in love?

    Rumors are just that, undocumented comments. Facts are presented and documented.

    IMO, I have not seen anything "grossly" accusing Melissa of something that was not documented.
    Last edited by MissThing; 03-13-2009 at 04:41 PM.

  5. #525
    hom
    hom is offline
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    126

    Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

    I'm convinced at this point that Melissa fans will continue to believe her teaching intentions are/were true, and that dwts came up and she couldn't turn it down. I'm also convinced that Melissa critics will continue to believe the teaching statements were just a line and say she is a fame (fillintheblank), and that the dwts gig was a setup. This thread just keeps going round and round. I hope someone comes up with something fresh to say about Melissa soon .... I need something else to talk/read about.
    Last edited by hom; 03-13-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: removed <> and added () so text was displayed correctly

  6. #526
    FORT Fanatic alsoaktchr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    415

    Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

    People keep talking about her beginning a program in Jan.... up until ATFR, she was likely still leaving her options open for a move to Seattle. Post ATFR, she still had obligations to the show, at least through the airing of the final episodes... I for one would NOT have begun my studies at that point... though I would likely have done as Melissa said she had been doing, ie begin to put things in motion.

    IMHO, it's possible that people who are feeling frustrated by Internet criticisms of J & Mol are taking their frustrations out on Melissa rather than on J's critics...

  7. #527
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3382262;
    I believe most say what they think will get them the 'win'.

    Maybe Melissa did too, but from what I have heard from people who know her personally, I don't think she did. JMO
    Did she lie deliberately? Probably not. However she strikes me as the characterless sort of person who tries to mold themselves into someone else's ideal in order to be accepted. That would certainly explain why she has been dumped, and dumped, and dumped again. That sort of bland, surface agreeability pleases briefly but won't stand the test of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3382281;
    IMHO, it's possible that people who are feeling frustrated by Internet criticisms of J & Mol are taking their frustrations out on Melissa rather than on J's critics...
    I really don't give a rat's ass about any of these people and am not remotely peeved by the criticisms of people I neither know nor care about.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  8. #528
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

    Congrats Mel!! Awesome news!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.