+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

FORT Fan

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3382130;
    Imo, Brad and Graham rejecting DeAnna deserves consideration in a discussion along this line. Melissa also referred to her dating histroy as always being the dumpee. Honestly, I think it's something they all have in common, an insecurity or weakness which likely made them ideal candidates for manipulation by TPTB.
    Brad rejected all of the women and admitted that he had "issues." Graham barely had a history of dating and even now he is "dating" a soap star in NY who'd been brazenly cheated on by another soap star. None of these people have stellar histories ... perhaps anyone who goes on these shows has issues.

You see Alex from B1 who is almost 40 is out there now saying he found that he liked chasing Trista but then didn't want her once he had her ... but he was the one calling her while he was dating the F1 after the show. Trista is the sole success story and there is nothing that points to her not choosing one of the most stand up guys around to marry. They seem happier than ever and Ryan certainly spoke out quite eloquently on Jason.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3382124;
    Undeniable facts, Melissa said she knew the relationship was over before going on AFRC, Melissa stated she was done with TV and returning to personal life, Melissa stated she was going to get a teaching degree and teach. These are also facts.
    Yes ... she had a clue that the chemistry was gone (did she know the agenda of the ATFR was for Jason to dump her and make it like it wasn't mutual?). She said she was going back to a normal life ... Yes, but then ABC called her up and begged her to fill in, with 2 days practice, for someone who'd messed up their knee so badly that they needed surgery ... Why not take that? There was no teaching program she could enroll in at that time. I'm confused by the people who don't understand how people enter the field of teaching and how much work goes into the process before you can get into the door. Student teachers, which is required where I am, doesn't pay a thing and is mandatory before you can get certified. Who was going to pay for that? WHY/HOW would someone, who was already out of college and just starting out, go into something like that without having a backup income (like a husband who worked and could carry them for a while ... which Jason can't because he needs support himself)?

Quote Originally Posted by iamreal2u;3382112;
    You know what, Jason also told Melissa that he loved her, wanted to marry her, and spend the rest of his life with her. Turn out that was not true either.
    She said the same things...turns out they weren't true, either. They are even on that one.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3382178;
    I'm confused by the people who don't understand how people enter the field of teaching and how much work goes into the process before you can get into the door. Student teachers, which is required where I am, doesn't pay a thing and is mandatory before you can get certified. Who was going to pay for that? WHY/HOW would someone, who was already out of college and just starting out, go into something like that without having a backup income (like a husband who worked and could carry them for a while ... which Jason can't because he needs support himself)?
    I live in the DFW area and there are a lot of teaching certification programs here for those with a bachelors degree. During the program you have a class that you are taking to prepare you, and you get a paid teaching job, and a mentor to help you. The program helps you study and prepare for the certifiaction tests. You have to test into these programs, they typically start in the summer to prepare you for the school yr and then you meet on the weekends (depending on which program you are doing).

So Melissa could start teaching and support herself while getting certified if this is what she wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3382178;
    I'm confused by the people who don't understand how people enter the field of teaching
    Your confusion comes from the fact that she lives in Texas where alternative certification is not very difficult. If she has an undergraduate degree, she could have been in the classroom the first of the year on a probationary certificate. To do this, you have to start clicking the mouse, picking up the phone, and completing applications at the school districts. But, she wants to be on TV, so that's not what she's doing. I don't see the problem with just admitting that's not what she wants.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tvaddict76;3382193;
    I live in the DFW area and there are a lot of teaching certification programs here for those with a bachelors degree. During the program you have a class that you are taking to prepare you, and you get a paid teaching job, and a mentor to help you. The program helps you study and prepare for the certifiaction tests. You have to test into these programs, they typically start in the summer to prepare you for the school yr and then you meet on the weekends (depending on which program you are doing).

So Melissa could start teaching and support herself while getting certified if this is what she wants to do.
    So what is she going to do between now and summer? I'm sure California is different that Texas but that stuff doesn't pay probably as much as she is making now ... even if she is just an Admin. I don't know if the posts are true about the DWTS pay scale but most 25 years olds or most people in general cannot get that kind of money for that short period of time ...

You have to go with life's opportunities. She likes to dance - even if ballroom dancing is totally foreign and she would like to teach when she has kids ... Neither of them are mutualyl exclusive. I worked with a weirdo, geeky engineer whose desk and house are full of ballroom dancing trophies ... He may get prizes for some and simple glory for others ... but he gets a good salary as an engineer and has fun at the same time. If he could be on TV or DWTS, best believe he would do it and his wife would probably beat his behind if he didn't at least try.

It's sad that people's scopes and frame of reference are so narrow that everything is so cut and dry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3382213;
    So what is she going to do between now and summer? .
    She wouldn't have had to wait until summer if she applies for and is hired. The bulk of teachers enter the classroom in the fall so summer is a natural time to begin this program, but vacancies arise throughout the year and they can be filled with probationary teachers. A friend of mine is teaching on a probationary certificate because of a vacancy that arose last November. He was accepted to the alternative certification program when he was hired.

It's sad when people can't just accept that she wants to dance on TV, and that that is OKAY!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaddict76;3382193;

doubt she'll do that anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3382208;
    Your confusion comes from the fact that she lives in Texas where alternative certification is not very difficult. If she has an undergraduate degree, she could have been in the classroom the first of the year on a probationary certificate. To do this, you have to start clicking the mouse, picking up the phone, and completing applications at the school districts. But, she wants to be on TV, so that's not what she's doing. I don't see the problem with just admitting that's not what she wants.
    I doubt she will admit anything of the sort and I really, really don't care whether Melissa wants to be a teacher or not because I doubt she ever meant to be a teacher in the first place. It was just a convenient thing to say to Jason so that he'd see her in a different light on the show, and it worked because he's as dumb as fencepost. Maybe if she thought Jason would have liked her more if she aspired to be a trapeze artist, perhaps that's what she would have said she wanted to do. It seems to me she knows how to ride a wave to get to the shore.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3382228;
    I doubt she will admit anything of the sort and I really, really don't care whether Melissa wants to be a teacher or not because I doubt she ever meant to be a teacher in the first place. It was just a convenient thing to say to Jason so that he'd see her in a different light on the show, and it worked because he's as dumb as fencepost. Maybe if she thought Jason would have liked her more if she aspired to be a trapeze artist, perhaps that's what she would have said she wanted to do. It seems to me she knows how to ride a wave to get to the shore.
    Very good post. Makes me think too, that she would have told Jason whatever he wanted to hear. Look at how she has said she wanted out of the spotlight..and shes still doing interviews.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread